Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Facial recognition will be in operation...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tQmhgW.gif

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
It was also in use last season. I had to remove my hat entering the North.

There was also stewards with books of mug shots just inside the North entrance last season. Haven't seen it since.

Or it’s a lie. Last time they said this and the stewards told us to take hats off there were *no* cameras at the WSU entrance

Stuff like this annoys me and I wish the FSF or own supporters club would challenge the club on it. If they really are then where is their policy as a ‘data controller’ under GDPR? What are they storing? How long for? Etc....

They've already started it - I had to take off my Beenie for the Leicester game for exactly this (North Stand)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I mentioned the match to a police officer last evening at a friends yesterday, and they said there were some outstanding warrants from last time and they would have spotters out so guess this is just part of that.
It'll be hilarious if those who are turfing loyal fans out of their season ticket seats at Selhurst end up with banning orders for trying to get into the Amex tonight [emoji38]ol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It was also in use last season. I had to remove my hat entering the North.

There was also stewards with books of mug shots just inside the North entrance last season. Haven't seen it since.

At the wrong end of the ground then!

Can't believe that had all the tech last year. How come they never identified and arrested the total scumbags who assaulted the stewards and broke into the ground?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
There was plenty of facial recognition at the last game.

All those UA jumping the turnstiles, injuring (their own) stewards could clearly be recognised on the CCTV

They got recognised so that Parish knew who to reward with better seats at their shit tip, kicking out far longer standing STHs in the process.

Remind me, who actually runs that 8 year old club?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was plenty of facial recognition at the last game.

All those UA jumping the turnstiles, injuring (their own) stewards could clearly be recognised on the CCTV

They got recognised so that Parish knew who to reward with better seats at their shit tip, kicking out far longer standing STHs in the process.

Remind me, who actually runs that 8 year old club?

This particular item of Palace merchandise, as sold in their club shop, is actually called The Steve Parish.

1176-423.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How come they never identified and arrested the total scumbags who assaulted the stewards and broke into the ground?

That NEVER happened. Don't you know? It was all Sussex Police in disguise, trying to frame innocent Palace fans.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sadly I'm unable to make the game tonight, but never let it be said that Albion supporters are unwilling to help the authorities out.

In this selfie, you can just about make me out on the left during a recent night out over here.

valentino.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Or it’s a lie. Last time they said this and the stewards told us to take hats off there were *no* cameras at the WSU entrance

Stuff like this annoys me and I wish the FSF or own supporters club would challenge the club on it. If they really are then where is their policy as a ‘data controller’ under GDPR? What are they storing? How long for? Etc....

They have no record of customer attendance pre AMEX apparently or is that a lie also?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
There's also a number of human 'super-spotters' with the Met Police, who are talented enough to pick out a known or wanted face from within a crowd. So, it's not all necessarily high-tech solutions here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They'll never take me alive.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Scan your face, sell your scan on, get targeted advertising through the camera on your phone/ computer or when you enter a building that has purchased your info, eg a shopping centre and knows when you have entered. It's here and has been for some time now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There's also a number of human 'super-spotters' with the Met Police, who are talented enough to pick out a known or wanted face from within a crowd. So, it's not all necessarily high-tech solutions here.

maybe they'll find Shergar but surely Lord Lucan is a tad ambitious.........super spotters my farmers...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here