Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May ruled to have broken the law.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Also see Cognitive distortions. Actually I agree with hans kraay fan club his PR is pretty crap but it still works on some.

It's also quite disturbing seeing normally sensible decent people deluding themselves that voting Labour isn't endorsing Corbyn and strengthening his position.

'We're just trying to limit the Tory majority' ...:facepalm::shootself

Agreed. It's all well and good saying that we are voting for Labour policies but that would put a Marxist in at No.11 Downing Street. Just consider that for one minute. We're not even talking about Corbyn here. We're talking about a Chancellor of the Exchequer who believes in class war, a full command economy, a complete restructure of our democratic institutions and seizing the means of production, by force if necessary.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Really? Then why do I see constantly all those Memes about Corbyn being on the right side of history, about his supposed humanity and how much he has always cared?

Look at this thread - people gushing over a man who quite literally honoured IRA terrorists. How the f*ck does that happen in a normal world*?

*Cognitive dissonance and very good PR is the answer.

As opposed to all the negative memes that go around about Corbyn? Those memes are generally created by the public/society to share on twitter etc, not the PR firms. When it comes to real PR and mainstream media there hasn't been a bigger target in recent politics when it comes to hatchet attempts on JC.

I thought I'd heard it all, but the suggestion Jeremy Corbyn has better PR is well up there with some of the best!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sorry, mate, but that is surely a RIDICULOUS claim.

JC probably has the WORST PR of just about any leading politician of recent times?

and yet had many flocking to join the Labour party and is now the biggest political party in Europe
now that is good PR

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Agreed. It's all well and good saying that we are voting for Labour policies but that would put a Marxist in at No.11 Downing Street. Just consider that for one minute. We're not even talking about Corbyn here. We're talking about a Chancellor of the Exchequer who believes in class war, a full command economy, a complete restructure of our democratic institutions and seizing the means of production, by force if necessary.
And yet the clear manifesto economic policy is Keynsian with public investment to stimulate the economy when interest rates are at an historic low. Many ( non Marxist) economists regard this as a common sense approach.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As opposed to all the negative memes that go around about Corbyn? Those memes are generally created by the public/society to share on twitter etc, not the PR firms. When it comes to real PR and mainstream media there hasn't been a bigger target in recent politics when it comes to hatchet attempts on JC.

Corbyn has bad PR too, without a doubt but specifically where his nice guy image is concerned he's Teflon man. Apologies for constantly repeating this mantra but how else can you explain how his historic praise for terrorists who murdered UK subjects gets so ignored or revised?

He's been allowed a purity of political thought because until now he's never had to temper his views or court a very wide public opinion. Every other politician has spent their careers compromising, making difficult decisions, making deals with bad people because that is what real politics is all about. Corbyn's only ever been a lifelong activist. If you think that Corbyn would be any different in number 10 then sadly you're wrong. That's the nature of Realpolitik.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And yet the clear manifesto economic policy is Keynsian with public investment to stimulate the economy when interest rates are at an historic low. Many ( non Marxist) economists regard this as a common sense approach.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But he's said on many occasions that the Labour Party is an ideal that he is not wedded to and will ditch when he sees that it no longer serves his purpose. He is a classic entryist. And you're asking me to vote him into power?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Yes but he's nice to Foxes. #priorities

I always thought the anyone but the Tories mantra was a throwaway line but it appears for some it's true.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If you think that Corbyn would be any different in number 10 then sadly you're wrong.

I really do think he would be different and I think a lot of the MSM/establishment know he would be as well. Clearly 500k new Labour members (which give Labour more members than all the other parties combined) also believe he will be different to the turd we have been served up for the past 20 odd years. (By both parties)

What is your reasoning to think that he wouldn't be, out of interest? Seems a man of his word to me!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Your post is an ignorant one and misses the point entirely. Of course we will be leaving the EU as that was the way the vote went. It's just a disaster that this woman is doing the leading.

as I said earlier (you couldn't understand)--
ukip---nonsense party
green --? party
corbyn -IRA loving queen hating pacifist
may-- law breaker ??
may is possibly the only one that is half serious about doing the job--------- but at 51 I wouldn't vote any of above in other than may, purely because the opposition is weak-inferior may/tory will succeed.
I struggle to take them seriously they are either filling their pockets or shagging or something worse

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I really do think he would be different and I think a lot of the MSM/establishment know he would be as well. Clearly 500k new Labour members (which give Labour more members than all the other parties combined) also believe he will be different to the turd we have been served up for the past 20 odd years. (By both parties)

What is your reasoning to think that he wouldn't be, out of interest? Seems a man of his word to me!

Vice President of CND leading a prospective Labour government committed to retaining and renewing our nuclear deterrent?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

As I say, it's the nature of realpolitik. Compromises have to be made. Look at the way that he's struggled with party policy on Trident where he is out of step with the official line. He's a man of his word but in this case his word isn't the policy that his job forces him to take. I think by and large, most politicians are good people and men and women of their word, it's just that the nature of democratic politics is that they will inevitably make contrary decisions, they will make deals with unsavoury people and they will have to bring about unpopular policies. As I say, Corbyn's never had to do that as he's had the luxury of being able to stay true to almost all his beliefs...until now.

Here's a quick question for you. Why do you think Jeremy Corbyn removed all references to Venezuela from his website when previously he had fawned over Chavez, Maduro and the Venezuelan model? http://paulocanning.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/venezuela-lefts-giant-forgetting.html

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Corbyn....IRA. Truly vile man.

Quite right. He wasn't member of the IRA but was very much a fellow traveller who supported a United Ireland on Sinn Fein/IRA terms. Suggest Clamp/Nibble reads this esp. the words of Lord Bew who is just about the most authoritative figure on Northern Ireland and the Troubles as you can get.

10n6mx5.jpg

For a bit of balance, here's the next page of that book.

image1.jpg

Both pages conclude maybe his talking to Sinn Fein didn't directly help the future peace talks, but it didn't do any harm either. He just didn't hide it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Corbyn....IRA. Truly vile man.

At a little reported fact that he won a Ghandi Peace Award for his work with the IRA.......not really that vile is it to want to bring peace to a nation and save lives???

Actually corrected it for you before someone jumps on you. The GPP is a different award.

Wiki:
In 2013, Corbyn was awarded the Gandhi International Peace Award for his "consistent efforts over a 30-year parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence."[281][282] In the same year, he was honoured by the Grassroot Diplomat Initiative for his "ongoing support for a number of non-government organisations and civil causes"

What a vile man.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I understand why people dislike Corbyn although a lot of it is lack of knowledge and pure bias.
But there is something I really dislike about May, yesterday she went on the TV and laid out what her appointments were over in Brussells meeting leaders etc etc, now there is no way she would have done that, even after a terrorist attack if there wasn't an election soon, she had on her leadership strong voice and her stern face for the occasion, you could say she was electioneering on the attack in Manchester by more or less saying she is a strong and steady leader.
But, with the Tories the opposite is usually the truth, they will send out the slogan and think the public will all fall for it.
With May I see a very weak leader, unable to answer direct questions and when questioned in a press conference she just shakes her head, but you can see the panic in her eyes, on the U turn she just says nothing has changed ( twice) when in fact everything has changed.
The woman is not strong or steady, she is weak and flaky, her strings are being pulled by the puppet masters behind the scenes.
This woman will be leading us into the most important negotiations in my lifetime that will more importantly affect our kids, she has no experience of top level negotiations and will be up against serious negotiators in Europe. Davies is also a clown and they will win the mandate easily.
People need to see through this charade, but everyone seems blinded by the party they support.
I see Corbyn, but it is May who will be PM and take us through Brexit.
Lord help us.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
At a little reported fact that he won a Ghandi Peace Prize for his work with the IRA.......not really that vile is it to want to bring peace to a nation and save lives???

A man completely out of the loop and with little influence with the decision-makers even within his own party talks to IRA terrorists. So what did he do with these talks?

Did he publicly or privately ask them to desist from killing 4 year old children?
How did he think that constantly praising and supporting an armed struggle would help bring about peace?
Did he look to build a consensus by inviting the SDLP as well - quite pertinent bearing in mind the SDLP are the sister party of the Labour Party in N. Ireland or did he follow the Sinn Fein line in opposing SDLP influence?
Did he also talk to Unionist terrorists?
Did he ever praise Unionist terrorists as he did IRA terrorists?
Did he approach either the British or Irish governments with details of his discussions with Sinn Fein/IRA?
Did he play a part in the Good Friday Agreement - did he ever ask to speak to Trimble, Hume or Mowlam?
Did his struggle for peace in N. Ireland stretch any further than IRA/Sinn Fein and if not why not?

I've heard mention by McDonnell that the motivation for his praise of the IRA was to stop them from feeling ostracised at a critical stage. By the same token, why then did Corbyn not use his significant influence on the LCI when they published a six-page character assassination of John Hume at a particularly low point in Anglo-Irish relations?

Peace? What a load of scollobs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here