Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anybody know why this kid is wearing an Albion shirt?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Luis Garcia, back in Spain for his summer hols, has given a radio interview to Radio Marca in Gran Canaria. The link is availbale here - Luis García, un canario de 18 años que triunfa en Inglaterra

There is a short article about him on that page which Google translates as follows:-

Luis Garcia was 14 years in search of the dream of achieving professional football. After forming in the lower echelons of Las Palmas and a brief stint in the AD Hurricane, she decided to pack up and go on an adventure in England. Liverpool FC was the first to be interested in him, but after several tests his move was discarded and there arose a chance.

Luis Garcia on Radio Marca GC
The Brighton FC bet firmly by the Gran Canaria footballer and although at first did not have much confidence in the project, Luis quickly adapted, "I like the club, I was impressed by the facilities and how they treat you."

Luis Garcia is the daily life of a professional footballer, "as well as study conducted two daily training and gym work part. In England raw physical strength."

On his future he said, "I have two more years, signed now professional contract, but do not rule out returning to Spain. In Brighton give opportunity to the quarry, if you work and you deserve gonna get. There are four competitions and so give more opportunities to young players. I've matured, I begin to realize the value of things. I want to make preseason first team and hopefully play with the Under-21 team. "

In the following audio you can listen to the full interview on Radio Marca Gran Canaria with fellow Jesus Izquierdo.

So he has now signed a two-year professional contract with Albion, and will hopefully be pushing for an U-21 spot next season (he has yet to make his debut at U-21 level).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best thread for months :clap2:

Hats off to the cognoscenti :bowdown:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I loved this thread when it came out! Good spot there AZ Gull, let's hope he makes it to the u21 this year, would like to see him play.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I love bouncing this thread. But for good reason; here is our Spanish lad scoring from the halfway line on Saturday against WBA in a 7-1 win:-

[TWEET]849714999631257600[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hmmmmm......not sure it is appropriate or very professional for Mark Anderson (Albion's former Academy Player Recruitment and Talent ID Manager and now at Manchester United) to be tweeting transfer gossip about a young lad at his previous club:-

[TWEET]864569054429945857[/TWEET]

FcIN - Inter looks at Luis Garcia, Brighton young talent

Inter looks at the future to improve its Yuoth Academy and FcInterNews.it understood that the last name in the Nerazzurri list is Luis Garcia, Spanish midfielder owned by Brighton who'll turn 18 on May 28th. Inter was well impressed by this young talent's qualities and would be keen to sign him. However, in Italy even Sampdoria is interested in Garcia (he can be involved in the first team) while in Spain he is in the mirror of Siviglia, Malaga and Valencia. Italian clubs can be considered ahead of the opponents because the agent is Abian Morano, who managed Mauro Icardi's transfer from Sampdoria to Inter.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hmmmmm......not sure it is appropriate or very professional for Mark Anderson (Albion's former Academy Player Recruitment and Talent ID Manager and now at Manchester United) to be tweeting transfer gossip about a young lad at his previous club:-

He's also retweeted Daggers confirmation that JMD won their goal of the season.
So I imagine he's implying he was instrumental in bringing the two of them to the club.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's also retweeted Daggers confirmation that JMD won their goal of the season.
So I imagine he's implying he was instrumental in bringing the two of them to the club.

He has also tweeted or retweeted positive stuff about Aaron Connolly, Bailey Vose and James Tilley this season, all of which is absolutely fine.

But tweeting transfer gossip about a youngster who is still contracted at your previous club?

That crosses a line for me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So what are the chances that we keep him?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

Garcia himself retweeted the story as well..:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah or that.
I can't imagine a young pro could want much more than to be with us, until they're good enough to play for a top 6 club. Along with the top class training facilities and PL football, it's clearly a great group of players to be with.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I can't imagine a young pro could want much more than to be with us, until they're good enough to play for a top 6 club. Along with the top class training facilities and PL football, it's clearly a great group of players to be with.

Don't disagree with any of that, and I would love to see him stay.

But equally he couldn't be blamed for wanting to go and test himself at Inter - which has a stated commitment to try and drive through academy players into the full squad - amongst better players. If so I'd expect the club to cash in as best they can.

It's a win-win I reckon.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Anderson is out of order. Imo, tweeting about another clubs player being subject to interest from various other clubs is unprofessional & unethical. Then again, ethical and modern football in the same sentence is a classic oxymoron. Garcia has picked up on it and it can only turn his head.

The flip side of all that. Should other 'big names' come after the lad, I have full faith in Tony B to rinse any interested clubs for as much dosh as is possible. Did I read Garcia is still under contract? Irrespective of that, due to his age, we hold all the cards. Would be nice to hold onto talent we have developed, but so be it if he's set on leaving. Hopefully would make the Gareth Barry 'seagull on his head' cash appear very small change.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Us or inter Milan? Come on!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We want you to stay...
We want you to stay...
Luis Garcia!
We want you to stay...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going O/T, reading through this thread I saw a post from Barrel of Fun. Whatever happened to him? He used to be very prolific.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here