Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm sure it was, what is your point there, racially motivated violence occurs every day in the USA between blacks, hispanics and Skinheads!

My point is if it were reversed People like you would have been all over it .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's bored with, not bored of, I wouldn't have commented but you corrected somebody in would have /would of debate earlier.

My point is if it were reversed People like you would have been all over it .

My brother's mate Smeg, who has challenged Nazi skinheads in Huntington Beach, California is unlikely to get on with my loveable Alf. Thing is someone named Smeg is not going to be your normal leftie activist. Best stick to grammar pedantry.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
My brother's mate Smeg, who has challenged Nazi skinheads in Huntington Beach, California is unlikely to get on with my loveable Alf. Thing is someone named Smeg is not going to be your normal leftie activist. Best stick to grammar pedantry.

Haha :thumbsup: I was called a nerd today as well!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Really, or what ?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Have you seen the 2006 wikileaks document that explains in detail how to cause unrest in Syria and overthrow Assad? It goes through vulnerabilities and possible actions.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06DAMASCUS5399_a.html

What are you trying to prove to me? That the US pursues its own self interests in its foreign policy? These sorts of exchanges in information and ideas are common place in international relations and diplomacy, the only surprise from leaks like this is that people are surprised! There will be similar documents flowing between Russia and its allies around its strategy in the middle east, every possible approach will be investigated and evaluated against its foreign policy goals.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

And why is someone named "smeg" likely to be so different?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Are you honestly saying that you're surprised at Trumps behaviour? All Politicians, by nature, are two faced, self serving egoists. They follow their own, Party or other externally imposed agendas, u-turning at the drop of a hat with spin doctors covering their slimy tracks.

His WHOLE campaign was that he wasn't a politician and was different.

As you say, he's not.

I'm not surprised, I just find it ironic as it was literally the reason people seemed to resonate with him.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
True point. Stick to what you're good at. You enliven NSC with your Alf views and bite. I'm not being sarcastic, for once, either.

Listen mate , you might be able to frighten the average NSC punter with mysterious references to antifa hard men with silly names like [MENTION=26937]smeg[/MENTION] , not me though, so.dont bother.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Look since Cameron used the old WWIII with Russia rhetoric in his Brexit campaign you realise that our governments like to plant things in our heads to scaremonger. The Crimea is just another dispute like America and China have in the China sea and China are made to look like the bad guys, even though it's next to China ???

I do not fear Russia and I trust it's judgment on Syria. We need to lock up our own war criminals and set an example to those who we call war criminals.

The South China sea is also another complex historical issue. The sea is also next to Vietnam, the Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia and Brunei and they all have competing claims.

As far as I can see China is the main country aggressively Island building in the region and the building of military bases and air defences on these islands seems like a clear attempt to militarise the area. This is presumably why the focus is mostly on them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
People didn't vote for AV because the establishment told them not too.

A vote for AV would have been a much bigger blow to the establishment than Brexit.

But voting for AV didn't offer the tantalising prospect of stopping foreigners coming here.
Ironically, you couldn't be further from the truth. Under pr it is very likely that UKIP would have won a major number of seats in parliament. They would have been the 3rd largest party and held the balance of power. In all likelihood, they would have been bedfellows of the conservatives and had enormous and direct influence which they don't now. There probably would have been Brexit with the additional 'benefit' that UKIP would enjoy shaping government policy. Be careful what you wish for, sometimes the angels punish us by answering our prayers.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What are you trying to prove to me? That the US pursues its own self interests in its foreign policy? These sorts of exchanges in information and ideas are common place in international relations and diplomacy, the only surprise from leaks like this is that people are surprised! There will be similar documents flowing between Russia and its allies around its strategy in the middle east, every possible approach will be investigated and evaluated against its foreign policy goals.

Contingency plans may be common place but they proctively went ahead with it using all the methods they suggested in the "memo"

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years.

https://youtu.be/9RC1Mepk_Sw

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The South China sea is also another complex historical issue. The sea is also next to Vietnam, the Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia and Brunei and they all have competing claims.

As far as I can see China is the main country aggressively Island building in the region and the building of military bases and air defences on these islands seems like a clear attempt to militarise the area. This is presumably why the focus is mostly on them.

What's it got to do with us what China claims is theirs in the China sea? The US have a military base on one island and the islanders want shot of them.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What's it got to do with us what China claims is theirs in the China sea?

The environmental damage to the reefs and the ecological system is another small paper cut to mankind.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Have just listened to his first words about his meeting with Obama. Said it was an "honour" to meet Obama. That coupled with yesterday's horrible "We all owe hillary a debt of gratitude for her service" is just horrific to watch.

I would have far more respect if he carried on being an obnoxious prick like he was throughout the campaign. But to now be all lovey darling with the very people he's been slagging off to get elected is just two faced.

Forget that wall. Forget the ban on Muslims entering the US. He won't do it. He's already shown it was all bluster and show to get elected. The ultimate keyboard warrior!

It is incredible, but people are buying it, suddenly he's trying to act like a statesman. The world will have to work with this guy but he has shown his colours, proceed with caution.

A decent listen...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04dggn1

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
His WHOLE campaign was that he wasn't a politician and was different.

As you say, he's not.

I'm not surprised, I just find it ironic as it was literally the reason people seemed to resonate with him.

Absolutely. it is incredible how thick just short of 60 million people can be, all of whom have had first-hand experience of living in the US, and seeing how it has developed over the last few years. What they need is illumination from someone with superior knowledge like yourself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here