Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes, i agree, but i did post "It always starts earlier in the construction industry , started October 2007 FYI." at 14-28, just a couple of trigger happy posters just waiting to diss my posts.
As you say, unlike one poster who was still vying to be a Prefect, and others who are not in the industry or yours, we both know full well.

Yes but they always have to be right even if proved wrong. You know that Soulman

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, i agree, but i did post "It always starts earlier in the construction industry , started October 2007 FYI." at 14-28, just a couple of trigger happy posters just waiting to diss my posts.
As you say, unlike one poster who was still vying to be a Prefect, and others who are not in the industry or yours, we both know full well.

True, you did. In the future, someone will write a book on the great financial crisis of 2008 and they'll include a picture like this taken in 2007:

northern-rock_999576c.jpg

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Has anyone who posted on this thread changed their minds about Brexit? I would guess the answer is no.

Lots of posts just seem to be people ranting, pedantic point scoring or lame trolling

2000+ pages .......The internet is amazing.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
True, you did. In the future, someone will write a book on the great financial crisis of 2008 and they'll include a picture like this taken in 2007:

View attachment 79171

Northern Rock is not a great example i'm afraid, they over expanded in 2007, it was ultimately greed, how they borrowed money, sub prime and a rise in interest rates which caused a bank which was a big achiever in 2006 and got a little bit too greedy in 2007 to crash and burn.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Has anyone who posted on this thread changed their minds about Brexit? I would guess the answer is no.

Lots of posts just seem to be people ranting, pedantic point scoring or lame trolling

2000+ pages .......The internet is amazing.

Personally would like an amalgamation of parties to work out the next move without the need for any vote

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Northern Rock is not a great example i'm afraid, they over expanded in 2007, it was ultimately greed, how they borrowed money, sub prime and a rise in interest rates which caused a bank which was a big achiever in 2006 and got a little bit too greedy in 2007 to crash and burn.

It's the iconic image in a real way of the whole crisis. Ordinary people stood outside a retail/high street bank desperately trying to claim their money. Northern Rock borrowed money and lent it until the the whole sub-prime/REIT market crashed, property development, construction and investment in it ended. A run on a British bank hadn't occurred since the 19th century.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
It's the iconic image in a real way of the whole crisis. Ordinary people stood outside a retail/high street bank desperately trying to claim their money. Northern Rock borrowed money and lent it until the the whole sub-prime/REIT market crashed, property development, construction and investment in it ended. A run on a British bank hadn't occurred since the 19th century.

Yeah your right it certainly is an iconic picture and i'm not disputing Northern Rock caused a run on banks and closer scrutiny in lending practices, ultimately they were catalysts for the recession that followed, I can't resist this :) in 2008.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The only mob rule I'm sensing has been from the remain side ever since they lost the vote

Indeed and couple that with a healthy dose of hysteria.
I particularly enjoy all the references to the exchange rate. Most, if not all the posters talking about this don't
understand the role of speculators in FX markets. They seem to think that the current exchange rate is some sort of measurement of the health of the economy. This is very far from the truth in the short term. It is an indication of where currency traders believe they can make speculative profits. If economic performance continues to be robust then the next big bet will be long sterling, particularly versus the Euro (given Euro area structural imbalances and banking issues). Try explaining this to these people who have never previously shown any interest in currency markets. Utterly pointless because apparently they know all there is to know.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yeah your right it certainly is an iconic picture and i'm not disputing Northern Rock caused a run on banks and closer scrutiny in lending practices, ultimately they were catalysts for the recession that followed, I can't resist this :) in 2008.

:lolol:

I'm not arguing that the recession officially started in 2008. The pain started the year before though in construction/real estate/property as well as finance, very quickly too. Banking/finance/property/construction were all interlinked in the melee of 2007 though.

BNP Paribas ran out of money first too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

But what did you post at 13.39 you as usual are ignoring incorrect statements that you have posted, but we wouldn't expect anything different from you.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
But what did you post at 13.39 you as usual are ignoring incorrect statements that you have posted, but we wouldn't expect anything different from you.

Think i'll just ignore [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] from now on, it seems almost pointless being drawn into debate with him

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Think i'll just ignore [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] from now on, it seems almost pointless being drawn into debate with him
Yeah,because you're so right at everything or should that be self righteous.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I fear for his sanity after this terrible news. Just hope that he can cope with the trauma without an extended period of counselling.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Who are you trying to convince us or yourself..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here