Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 'Hyypia resignation/leaving' thread

Sad if he has resigned. However, why would you want to stay anywhere where you are not wanted, where you are not 'loved', where you see banners wanting you gone, where your wife and kids can hear the vitriol thrown at you? A real shame if he has gone.
Gus didn't turn things around very well in his first season with us, and we flaunted (loosely) with relegation that year but we didn't get on his back as much did we? A new manager needs time, especially with a new crop of players. Gus was afforded this by the club and us. Why can we not see this!?
If Hypia goes, I dare say Bent will not come back, and if Bent won't come back, why should other players of quality want to come to us in January? My opinion - we may have scored an own goal here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thankfully this has happened whilst many of us have a few spare hours...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No...Naylor is reading NSC....It's taken him 8 minutes to compose ua piece for the Argus....

In fairness, he wouldn’t state it as fact until he had confirmed it through non media sources.

His or Bozza's were the ones I was waiting for.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Sad if he has resigned. However, why would you want to stay anywhere where you are not wanted, where you are not 'loved', where you see banners wanting you gone, where your wife and kids can hear the vitriol thrown at you? A real shame if he has gone.
Gus didn't turn things around very well in his first season with us, and we flaunted (loosely) with relegation that year but we didn't get on his back as much did we? A new manager needs time, especially with a new crop of players. Gus was afforded this by the club and us. Why can we not see this!?
If Hypia goes, I dare say Bent will not come back, and if Bent won't come back, why should other players of quality want to come to us in January? My opinion - we may have scored an own goal here.

Seriously? I'd say we were far less likely to attract quality players with Hyypia still in charge and dragging us down to League One.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sad if he has resigned. However, why would you want to stay anywhere where you are not wanted, where you are not 'loved', where you see banners wanting you gone, where your wife and kids can hear the vitriol thrown at you?
Where you are patently incapable of doing the job?

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I don't think we will have people queuing up for the job. Another one bites the dust.

Major changes in the club infrastructure are needed.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Nobody got on Poyet's back because we were in a relegation battle when Gus was first appointed and he got us out of it. Hyypia on the other hand, took the club from previously being a playoff contender to being in the shite we're in now. Completely opposite situation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm waiting to see if it's been accepted. I feel sorry for Sami, as I think he was sold a pup in the summer dealings. He's a decent bloke and deserves to get a job in football even if it isn't managerial.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm waiting to see if it's been accepted. I feel sorry for Sami, as I think he was sold a pup in the summer dealings. He's a decent bloke and deserves to get a job in football even if it isn't managerial.

That and he's tactically naive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here