Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Completely off topic....Bletchley Park

Anyone been, would they recommend it and is there anything there to interest the two teenage Pottings? Always been fascinated by the "goings on" there since I saw "The Secret War" on the BBC many years ago.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I met a lady recently who was a codebreaker at Bletchley Park. Fascinating stories and things she will never tell. I've never been though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The National Computing Museum is there - that should interest them

My son's going on a school trip this month, he's really looking forward to it

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I went there for the first time about a month ago. It was much more interesting than I had imagined it would be.
Beautifully restored and well worth getting on one of the guided tours.
Highly recommended

in contrast......
The National Computer Museum? Just about the dullest museum I have ever seen.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I went there for the first time about a month ago. It was much more interesting than I had imagined it would be.
Beautifully restored and well worth getting on one of the guided tours.
Highly recommended

in contrast......
The National Computer Museum? Just about the dullest museum I have ever seen.

Agree with both comments re. Bletchley Park and the National Computer Museum. I don't know if they still have it exhibited but the Science Museum in Kensington had the Enigma machines and was a much better environment to show youngsters. It's also well worth getting them acquainted with the historical importance of the code-breakers. I found a very good documentary about it that my lads (then 11 and 13) watched and enjoyed. I don't think it would have been half as interesting if they hadn't known about it previously.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I went there before MK Dons away a couple of seasons ago and loved it. We took my boyfriends eight year old nephew and he seemed to enjoy it but he is really interested in anything to do with WWII.

What if you all watch the Imitation Game together first to see if they find that interesting?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If you're into that sort of thing it's great but doesn't answer the question why we left it so late in the window to try for a striker. TB and PB must go now, CH must make a public apology and PW paraded around the Amex for us to throw meat pies at. Oh and DK to be reinstated because things like this didn't happens when he was as in charge (oh hang on Virgo ended up playing up front when we were promoted) - sorry !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here