Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Best PLAYS on Tuesday then we RIOT

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Since Hughton obviously thinks he's good, my worry is that he'll try to sign him for next season.

This is the worrying thing - the fact that Hewton actually rates him. Doesn't auger well for our essential summer purchasing spree.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If Best PLAYS on Tuesday then we RIOT

Agree 100%....then reality kicks in...what are the options?????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Watching the incident on TV it looked like Best couldn't find a pulse and needed the physio to confirm he hadn't turned into a zombie #TheWalkingDead

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Play a development striker ! They can not do worse,the crowd would gee them on,and it would show the main strikers CH is not impressed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But Best is the worst player i have ever seen.

You obviously never had the pleasure of suffering Richard Tiltman's impersonations of a footballer. Anyway the lack of goals from Best is a masterstroke by the Albion in ensuring that his transfer fee is reduced so that we can pick him up in the summer for the cost of a pie and a pint on the concourse.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You obviously never had the pleasure of suffering Richard Tiltman's impersonations of a footballer. Anyway the lack of goals from Best is a masterstroke by the Albion in ensuring that his transfer fee is reduced so that we can pick him up in the summer for the cost of a pie and a pint on the concourse.
Fair enough - so long as that's his wages too.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Another ABJECT exhibition from the waste of OXYGEN who even had the trainer come on as his sweatband had FALLEN off his wrist. He should NEVER be seen in an ALBION shirt again

Calm down dear, calm down.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

you never know( although I probably do) Leon and Kemi might just turn out to be absolute gems, my take on this is pay them by the match.
also I read on here today and this made me laugh "try to score goals in our own net" it would never happen as we cannot score goals for toffee and it would confuse the opposition
might be worth a try?:lolol:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Thought Best looked a bit more interested tonight than he usually does. He was always fighting a losing battle up front though, there was little or no support for him other than Tex.
Mabie cos the sky cams were there

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Best didn't do himself any favours by looking for a free kick every time the ball was played up to him, and then complaining about it when he didn't get the decision! If he stuck to the basics then he could do a job from the bench, but to be quite honest he's just one of a poor bunch of forwards low in confidence and lower in skill.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Chris O' Grady has to start, he's hardly set the world on fire, but at least he puts in a shift. Same goes with CMS.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We need to pick a striker and stick with them. CMS, O'Grady or Best, they're all awful but equally none get a settled run in the side so every game the rest of the team is working with a different target. Best was nowhere near as bad as some suggest but, like all our strikers, his peak is a 6/10 performance. Those expecting an 8/10 for any of our scuffers are clearly high.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Get your tin hat on ernest

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Expecting to see some ARS tonight.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv