Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duffy tweet

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
IRA commanding c*nt .......absolute scollobs..........a piss-poor apology for being a reluctant Englishman........F*cking winds me up no end.
yada yada
Parklife...........whenever you post, I envisage Russell Brand
Yada yada
You even nouned a verb.
Yada yada
You see, this is why I have this impression of you that I do. Most other people would have used the gerund, instead you considered that ugly word and went for something even worse.
Yada yada
as dangerous as bring mauled by a dead sheep.........I can see through your bullshit.
Yada yada
'kin hell. ............Christ, that is pathetic.
yada yada
I don't think I can show you to be any more of a ****

Anyway, thank you for your quiescencey.

Last word, here it is then; you've been russellated.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hmm. Duffy seems to have expressed an opinion based on one view of a situation and an imperfect understanding of the history of the island of Ireland. He seems not to have considered the fact that some will not agree with him, while others will almost wilfully put the worst interpretation on his actions, and a few will overreact with a self-righteousness that disregards the fact that he's a young footballer with the limited world view typical of many in his profession. What a glorious gift to NSC, especially in international week when we haven't got any Albion matches to foam at the mouth about.

Hmm.......how far back are you going with your suggestion that Duffy has an "imperfect understanding of the history of the island of Ireland"? Cromwell's invasion of Ireland and slaughtering the entire population of Drogheda by way of example?

Maybe Duffy, as an Irishman, has a perfect understanding of the history of the island of Ireland. Or maybe, given his age, he sees McGuinness as one of the key movers in bringing peace to Northern Ireland?

Who knows? Who cares? He is entitled to his views and to express them.

HM shook McGuiness' hand and on his death sent a personal message of condolence to his widow. That's good enough for me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hmm.......how far back are you going with your suggestion that Duffy has an "imperfect understanding of the history of the island of Ireland"? Cromwell's invasion of Ireland and slaughtering the entire population of Drogheda by way of example?

Maybe Duffy, as an Irishman, has a perfect understanding of the history of the island of Ireland. Or maybe, given his age, he sees McGuinness as one of the key movers in bringing peace to Northern Ireland?

Yes agree with this.

As an aside:
I am knocking on 50 now and grew up in Sussex at the period of time when the troubles were at their peak
It seems now that the atrocities were constantly on the news.

As a young boy, I recall the Hyde Park bomb, Lord Mountbatten and Ross McWhirter's assassination and many other atrocities perpetrated by the IRA.
I was scared of the IRA, as we all were.
I knew they were evil men who enjoyed knee-capping people in their community to keep them in line.
Anyone with Republican sympathies was regarded as similarly evil.

I didn't really know much about why it was all happening though.

The history of Ireland was not something we learnt about in school. It wasn't on the curriculum at all.
We learnt plenty about Cromwell, Elizabeth 1st and the First and Second World wars.
We learnt about America, India and Australia's Independence, and a lot of the history leading up to it.
We were not taught about the Republic of Ireland's independence.

However the history of Ireland was something very relevant to the major events going on about us at that time.
This may have been an anomaly, but I suspect not.
The history of Ireland is an extremely complicated and emotive subject.
It was even more so back then.

I think that people from my generation and from the UK, will understandably view McGuinness as an evil terrorist first and foremost.
The idea of him being a freedom fighter and peacemaker may be abhorrent to many of us.

There are also plenty of chaps from my generation, who served in Northern Ireland.
I can't begin to imagine how that experience would shape a person's view on Republicans, Catholics, or the Irish in general and Mr McGuiness in particular.

I would expect some of the younger generation and those from the Irish Catholic community to have a different view on the man.

Neither view is wrong IMO.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

HM shook McGuiness' hand and on his death sent a personal message of condolence to his widow. That's good enough for me.

Very much so.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The story so far. You join the thread with the following angry post:

Your obviously irate tone is pointed out to you by another poster. You deny it. You then go on to provide a quote with some humour, little veracity and no illumination:

Seeing the anomaly you'd introduced (you're not lower or upper class yet it was clear from the quote you'd chosen that your patriotic beliefs could not be shared by your fellow demographicals) I posed the following flippant yet ironically humorous question:

Ignoring your parklife self-amusement, you then went on:

Completely ignoring my question about the anomaly of your previous post and indulging in a spot of slightly supercilious dismissal. A putdown. I replied:

Striking what I believe was a good balance between an ironic reference to your imagination and an alliterative prod at your refusal to acknowledge the question. You responded:

I replied:

Again, clearly with humour and irony, playing up to your challenge.

And yet again either wilfully or unwittingly the penny fails to drop, you respond with more putdownery and so I replied.

Bringing the discourse back to your inability to answer and pointing out your repeated recourse to the refuge of dismissivation.

And so in one gloriously illuminating post we have it. You failed to recognise the humour in my initial post or if you did you mistook irony for sarcasm, possibly through your continuing anger? And this too accompanied by a splendidly misquoted Healey/Howe contretemps from the tory wonder years? Wonderful. (Although I must say your rejoinder tails off somewhat limply with a further unnecessarily tawdry allusion to the muckier side of animal husbandry.)

Anyway, believing that you are guilty of which you accuse me and recognising your lack of self-awareness, I posted.

Appropriately using the language in which the phrase was coined. Your response:

And so we come back to it again but with still greater illumination.

Firstly, you completely miss the point and now it's clear that you're not being wilful. You lack self awareness. Your challenging posture and angry retorts stem from insecurity. Look at those words again "You come up against someone who knows as many long words as you". Good grief man, it's not the long words that qualify you, you think it's a lexiconalogical pissing match. You're not defined by your "long words" rather it's the proscribation imposed not only by your over-sensitivity but also by a lack of perception allied to the flaccidity of your intellectual grasp that's really killing you.

And now an amusing sub plot engendered by a hapless, limited acolytic sycophant blinded by the wonders of misdirection. Emboldened by a perceived yet ultimately Pyrrhic victory you've crossed the Rubicon and thrown down the gauntlet.

Your metatarsal's broken cock.

image.jpg

I've seen some cock waving contests on NSC but this one tops the lot. :D
Reminds me of an episode of BlackAdder.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes agree with this.

As an aside:
I am knocking on 50 now and grew up in Sussex at the period of time when the troubles were at their peak
It seems now that the atrocities were constantly on the news.

As a young boy, I recall the Hyde Park bomb, Lord Mountbatten and Ross McWhirter's assassination and many other atrocities perpetrated by the IRA.
I was scared of the IRA, as we all were.
I knew they were evil men who enjoyed knee-capping people in their community to keep them in line.
Anyone with Republican sympathies was regarded as similarly evil.

I didn't really know much about why it was all happening though.

The history of Ireland was not something we learnt about in school. It wasn't on the curriculum at all.
We learnt plenty about Cromwell, Elizabeth 1st and the First and Second World wars.
We learnt about America, India and Australia's Independence, and a lot of the history leading up to it.
We were not taught about the Republic of Ireland's independence.

However the history of Ireland was something very relevant to the major events going on about us at that time.
This may have been an anomaly, but I suspect not.
The history of Ireland is an extremely complicated and emotive subject.
It was even more so back then.

I think that people from my generation and from the UK, will understandably view McGuinness as an evil terrorist first and foremost.
The idea of him being a freedom fighter and peacemaker may be abhorrent to many of us.

There are also plenty of chaps from my generation, who served in Northern Ireland.
I can't begin to imagine how that experience would shape a person's view on Republicans, Catholics, or the Irish in general and Mr McGuiness in particular.

I would expect some of the younger generation and those from the Irish Catholic community to have a different view on the man.

Neither view is wrong IMO.

??? I guess you missed the lesson about Cromwell and Ireland...

*wink*

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I can't be bothered to go back and dig it out for you, but somewhere a few days ago I said that I was happy to assume that someone from Derry had a better understanding of Irish matters than people who have lived most of their lives in Sussex. But there we go, people basing comments on incomplete research - the very essence of NSC.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The story so far. You join the thread with the following angry post:

Your obviously irate tone is pointed out to you by another poster. You deny it. You then go on to provide a quote with some humour, little veracity and no illumination:

Seeing the anomaly you'd introduced (you're not lower or upper class yet it was clear from the quote you'd chosen that your patriotic beliefs could not be shared by your fellow demographicals) I posed the following flippant yet ironically humorous question:

Ignoring your parklife self-amusement, you then went on:

Completely ignoring my question about the anomaly of your previous post and indulging in a spot of slightly supercilious dismissal. A putdown. I replied:

Striking what I believe was a good balance between an ironic reference to your imagination and an alliterative prod at your refusal to acknowledge the question. You responded:

I replied:

Again, clearly with humour and irony, playing up to your challenge.

And yet again either wilfully or unwittingly the penny fails to drop, you respond with more putdownery and so I replied.

Bringing the discourse back to your inability to answer and pointing out your repeated recourse to the refuge of dismissivation.

And so in one gloriously illuminating post we have it. You failed to recognise the humour in my initial post or if you did you mistook irony for sarcasm, possibly through your continuing anger? And this too accompanied by a splendidly misquoted Healey/Howe contretemps from the tory wonder years? Wonderful. (Although I must say your rejoinder tails off somewhat limply with a further unnecessarily tawdry allusion to the muckier side of animal husbandry.)

Anyway, believing that you are guilty of which you accuse me and recognising your lack of self-awareness, I posted.

Appropriately using the language in which the phrase was coined. Your response:

And so we come back to it again but with still greater illumination.

Firstly, you completely miss the point and now it's clear that you're not being wilful. You lack self awareness. Your challenging posture and angry retorts stem from insecurity. Look at those words again "You come up against someone who knows as many long words as you". Good grief man, it's not the long words that qualify you, you think it's a lexiconalogical pissing match. You're not defined by your "long words" rather it's the proscribation imposed not only by your over-sensitivity but also by a lack of perception allied to the flaccidity of your intellectual grasp that's really killing you.

And now an amusing sub plot engendered by a hapless, limited acolytic sycophant blinded by the wonders of misdirection. Emboldened by a perceived yet ultimately Pyrrhic victory you've crossed the Rubicon and thrown down the gauntlet.

Your metatarsal's broken cock.

mrlogic.jpg
376.jpg

Ever heard of this bloke ?

Thats you, that is.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I will say to the person who said another person reminded them of Russell Brand, he has pulled some absolute worldies, so if that is supposed to be mean I'd rethink that one.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
View attachment 83067

I've seen some cock waving contests on NSC but this one tops the lot. :D
Reminds me of an episode of BlackAdder.
contrafribblarities, sir? It is a common word down our way.

Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I'm anaspeptic, phrasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Disgraceful thing to tweet. Calling a murdering scumbag a hero is bad enough, but made worse by a total disregard for the harm done by the IRA to the city whose club he represents.

Opinion of him has become zero.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
contrafribblarities, sir? It is a common word down our way.

Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I'm anaspeptic, phrasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation

:lol:
I will never stop laughing at BlackAdder.

Tried to quote you on a thread last night, I can't seem to quote your user name. It was the tread about a dog walker finding a snake, probably on page 2 or 3 of the big board now.
Just wondering if you had seen anything of interest on a dog walk recently? :)

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
:lol:
I will never stop laughing at BlackAdder.

Tried to quote you on a thread last night, I can't seem to quote your user name. It was the tread about a dog walker finding a snake, probably on page 2 or 3 of the big board now.
Just wondering if you had seen anything of interest on a dog walk recently? :)

Only an old dog

Trying to get on a bike :ohmy:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Arlene Foster was applauded when arriving at the funeral today. Reports are that she wanted to go against advice from her party - it wasn't done for optics.

20 years ago, there's no chance that a Unionist political leader would go to such a funeral (for either personal or political reasons); and they'd probably be rapidly ousted from their own side for going to a Catholic mass too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here