Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He was investigated by MI5 "some years ago" and was not part of the current intelligence picture. Unfortunately we* don't have the limitless resources to pursue and track every individual who has ever aroused suspicion. It's just not possible, especially if they've kept a low profile recently, not done anything to attract attention, and then launch a very low tech attack.

*no, I don't mean we as in me personally!
ah well....he's dead now....the ****...!! unfortunately so are 4 others and 40 + injured because someone decided he wasn't a threat....bring back the death penalty , they have it in their own countries........the pig hide idea is a good one..............much more of this stuff and the cracks are going to start showing , i don't expect anyone in Sussex to have much of a clue on this tbf...!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It was reported that a woman had been arrested for drink driving.

I haven't seen that report that she'd been arrested.

The Argus reports:

"Police are examining the circumstances of the crash and are looking into reports the 34-year-old driver may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time.

Blood samples were taken from her when she was being treated in hospital. Police said they are now being analysed."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15172694.Tributes_pour_in_for_tragic_mother_in__horror_crash/

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I haven't seen that report that she'd been arrested.

The Argus reports:

"Police are examining the circumstances of the crash and are looking into reports the 34-year-old driver may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time.

Blood samples were taken from her when she was being treated in hospital. Police said they are now being analysed."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15172694.Tributes_pour_in_for_tragic_mother_in__horror_crash/

I apologise, I thought it was confirmed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The woman who died has been named.

Aysha Frade, 43 is the first member of the public to be identified as a victim.
The mother-of-two was reportedly crossing Westminster Bridge to collect her children from school when she was killed.

That is truly horrific. You can't begin to imagine the horror of that. 2 children have lost their mother just because some nutter decides in a complete random way to kill their mother. Dreadful.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
ah well....he's dead now....the ****...!! unfortunately so are 4 others and 40 + injured because someone decided he wasn't a threat....bring back the death penalty , they have it in their own countries........the pig hide idea is a good one..............much more of this stuff and the cracks are going to start showing , i don't expect anyone in Sussex to have much of a clue on this tbf...!!

Not sure if that last comment is directed at me, but I live and work in Zone 1 London.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh shite sorry, it most definitely wasn't meant to come across badly.
My initial thought, when reading the list, would have been viewed (at best) as flippant.
I thought I'd changed it sufficiently to be view as it was intended, 'if only that was just the set up for a joke, life would be so much better'.

My apologies.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As a few on Nsc usually complain they don't read condemnation from Muslims, I make no apology for posting this tweet.

[tweet]844879283407458308[/tweet]

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
2% conservative? I'd think that's very high.

Really? 1% of US Muslims think suicide attacks are often justified, a further 7% of them think it is sometimes justified. There are some countries in which substantial minorities think violence against civilians is at least sometimes justified. This view is particularly widespread among Muslims in the Palestinian territories (40%), Afghanistan (39%), Egypt (29%) and Bangladesh (26%).

(http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/)

Over half of British Muslims think being gay should be illegal (52%), 4% sympathised with suicide bombers, 39% think wives should unquestionably obey their husbands.

The religion is backwards, I say this in most topics when this kicks off but Islam needs to come into step with the first world culture like the rest of the other large religious faiths or it needs to be openly seen as unacceptable. We shame sexists and racists for their backwards beliefs, we need to start doing that with religion too, starting with the largest and most barbaric ones first.

(https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...se-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh shite sorry, it most definitely wasn't meant to come across badly.
My initial thought, when reading the list, would have been viewed (at best) as flippant.
I thought I'd changed it sufficiently to be view as it was intended, 'if only that was just the set up for a joke, life would be so much better'.

My apologies.
What the hell is wrong with you!? Making a lighthearted message about a horrible incident, you should be in tremendous shock like everyone else, just like the terrorist wants.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BBC (Laura Kuenssberg) reporting that the officer who shot the assailant was from the close protection team for the Defence Secretary, not a House of Parliament armed protection officer.

So he was there by chance rather than part of the normal security. That is obviously not to say that others were not around and would not have reacted the same way, but will no doubt be a cause for some investigation and much discussion/speculation.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As a few on Nsc usually complain they don't read condemnation from Muslims, I make no apology for posting this tweet.

[tweet]844879283407458308[/tweet]

My problem with that is that I don't want an apology. What I want is an acknowledgement that, unlike the claims in that press release, these attacks DO have everything to do with Islam. Not their strand of Islam, I'll happily concede but it most certainly is still Islam that drives these terrorists to do the things they do. This particular terrorist was homegrown and part of the UK Muslim community. They are the best placed to stop people like him becoming radicalised and they can only do that if they admit that it's a problem.

To claim that there is no link to Islam is no more helpful than saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

How would the death penalty stop people who are on what could only ever be a suicide mission?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Really? 1% of US Muslims think suicide attacks are often justified, a further 7% of them think it is sometimes justified. There are some countries in which substantial minorities think violence against civilians is at least sometimes justified. This view is particularly widespread among Muslims in the Palestinian territories (40%), Afghanistan (39%), Egypt (29%) and Bangladesh (26%).

(http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/)

Over half of British Muslims think being gay should be illegal (52%), 4% sympathised with suicide bombers, 39% think wives should unquestionably obey their husbands.

The religion is backwards, I say this in most topics when this kicks off but Islam needs to come into step with the first world culture like the rest of the other large religious faiths or it needs to be openly seen as unacceptable. We shame sexists and racists for their backwards beliefs, we need to start doing that with religion too, starting with the largest and most barbaric ones first.

(https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...se-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law)

When you convert these percentages to actuall numbers there are several hundred million Muslims with extreme views, and they can all justify themselves in the Quran, hadiths and Sharia. It’s not a religion, it's a totalitarianism political system disguised as a religion, and the sooner people realise what it really is the better.

If a woman doesn't at least cover her hair with a scarf they are considered whores and deserving of being raped. This dress code implies that the rest of the worlds 3 billion or so women are theirs for the taking. Islam is very dangerous and it only plays to gain an advantage over others.

The Quran actually says that "Allah is the best of deceivers", although they have modernised the translation now to "best of planners" and "best of schemers", because it doesn't sound as bad as deceiver.

Most Muslims are better than their Allah and their prophet, and they would never act out his life, but they will always defend the Quran, Allah, and Muhammad.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BBC (Laura Kuenssberg) reporting that the officer who shot the assailant was from the close protection team for the Defence Secretary, not a House of Parliament armed protection officer.

So he was there by chance rather than part of the normal security. That is obviously not to say that others were not around and would not have reacted the same way, but will no doubt be a cause for some investigation and much discussion/speculation.

https://order-order.com/2017/03/23/michael-fallons-bodyguard-shot-attacker-dead/

"According to the BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg, it was Defence Secretary Michael Fallon’s SO1 close protection officer shot the attacker dead inside parliament yesterday. One source tells Guido’s the officer was in Fallon’s bulletproof BMW parked inside parliament a few metres away and he ran over, withdrew a handgun from underneath his suit jacket and shot him. This explains why it was a plain clothes police officer who was seen at the scene. The only ministers with BMWs and SO1 protection officers are the Defence Secretary, Home Secretary, Foreign Secretary and Northern Ireland Secretary. This will raise huge questions about the security aspect of the attack – if Fallon and his team were not in parliament at that exact moment, would an officer have been there to shoot the attacker? Team Fallon say they cannot comment."

I don't agree with the hyperbolic 'huge questions' comment... all that needs to be clarified is what other officers were around at that time who could have reacted had the SO1 officer not been the first to react.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
https://order-order.com/2017/03/23/michael-fallons-bodyguard-shot-attacker-dead/

"According to the BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg, it was Defence Secretary Michael Fallon’s SO1 close protection officer shot the attacker dead inside parliament yesterday. One source tells Guido’s the officer was in Fallon’s bulletproof BMW parked inside parliament a few metres away and he ran over, withdrew a handgun from underneath his suit jacket and shot him. This explains why it was a plain clothes police officer who was seen at the scene. The only ministers with BMWs and SO1 protection officers are the Defence Secretary, Home Secretary, Foreign Secretary and Northern Ireland Secretary. This will raise huge questions about the security aspect of the attack – if Fallon and his team were not in parliament at that exact moment, would an officer have been there to shoot the attacker? Team Fallon say they cannot comment."

I don't agree with the hyperbolic 'huge questions' comment... all that needs to be clarified is what other officers were around at that time who could have reacted had the SO1 officer not been the first to react.

I guess it's a huge question because we currently don't know the answer so, essentially (as you imply), it's just a question. One would assume there is a pretty heavy armed police presence throughout the Palace of Westminster and its grounds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here