Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone Sales

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36146336

The technology giant reported quarterly sales of $50.56bn (£34.39bn) down from $58bn last year - the first fall in sales for the company since 2003.Apple sold 51.2 million iPhones during the quarter, down from 61.2 million in the same quarter of 2015.

C'mon [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], aren't you pulling your weight?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'll be ordering an iPhone something this year. So that's one extra they wouldn't normally get. Bozza, can you cover the other ten mill?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Sales will pick up once they add the SE into the mix - loads of people I know haven't upgraded from their 5 because they dont like the size of the 6.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Samsung galaxy s7 edge destroys any iPhone.

The competition has caught up and apple is stagnant and unnecessarily arrogant.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's funny they are "meant to last 3 years" expect literally everyone I see that has an iphone has a massive crack on the screen

They would last 3 years if people weren't careless with them.

My TV isn't going to last very long if I keep dropping it on concrete now is it?

Agree with [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] too. I'm an Apple user with an iPhone 6.
I won't buy another iPhone until there's a major leap forward.

The leaked details and images of the 7 have already put me right off.

Galaxy Edge looks decent (though I shan't be converting).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Rumours are that the iPhone 7 won't have a headphone socket; yeah I know there will be adaptors but that means a load of gubbins hanging out of the bottom, sort of like techno hemorrhoids.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Rumours are that the iPhone 7 won't have a headphone socket; yeah I know there will be adaptors but that means a load of gubbins hanging out of the bottom, sort of like techno hemorrhoids.

The rumours are that the new headphone input will be the lightning (charging) socket (so won't make much, if any difference to the aesthetic).

Apple will likely do this in order to get users to use Apple hardware (with more development on Apple Bluetooth headphones). Whilst also saving space, apparently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Royal Blood must have made a zillion dollars from Samsung using their music EVERYWHERE over the last few months. The chaps still use iPhones though. Must be a bit disappointing for Samsung, that. Always the bridesmaid...

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 10.25.50.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 10.25.12.png

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The rumours are that the new headphone input will be the lightning (charging) socket (so won't make much, if any difference to the aesthetic).

Apple will likely do this in order to get users to use Apple hardware (with more development on Apple Bluetooth headphones). Whilst also saving space, apparently.

I (and I'm sure many others) don't want to have to upgrade decent headphones (I have Bose & Sennheiser 'phones plus Sony buds), especially to bluetooth which need batteries/charging so are likely to run out at just the wrong time.
What I'd most like is a slightly fatter phone with a bigger battery.

However, as I have iPhone/iPad/Macbook/Mac mini, I'm pretty tied in to the infrastructure which, in general I like.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I (and I'm sure many others) don't want to have to upgrade decent headphones (I have Bose & Sennheiser 'phones plus Sony buds), especially to bluetooth which need batteries/charging so are likely to run out at just the wrong time.
What I'd most like is a slightly fatter phone with a bigger battery.

However, as I have iPhone/iPad/Macbook/Mac mini, I'm pretty tied in to the infrastructure which, in general I like.

Same here to be honest, all my gear is Apple. But luckily I found some amazing Bluetooth earphones which I love, and use nothing else.
So fortunately, the jack change won't affect me.

Can understand that needing an adapter (that'll likely cost £30+) just to plug in your earphones will be a real turn-off.
I really don't believe Apple would be that stupid.

iPhones were originally built for music lovers and audiophiles who many of which would have invested heavily in decent headphones.
Would be a stupid move to charge them simply for the pleasure of plugging in their hardware.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Royal Blood must have made a zillion dollars from Samsung using their music EVERYWHERE over the last few months. The chaps still use iPhones though. Must be a bit disappointing for Samsung, that. Always the bridesmaid...

View attachment 74071

View attachment 74072
Who are royal blood?

All I know is that the telephony team at my work who get sent every phone by all manufacturers and are ALL iPhone users have even conceded s7 edge is the best phone on the market and apple is rapidly declining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here