Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018 who's the flairest of them all? QF: Vicente vs Knight

Quarter Final 4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
here is the final Quarter Final. The 3rd quarter final is still running (link below) and is close so head over there if you haven't already voted

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-flairest-of-them-all-QF-Izqueirdo-vs-McCourt

this is a heavyweight clash

Vicente
Nationality: Spanish (38 caps 3 goals)
Position: Midfielder
Albion Career: 2011-13 (32 apps 5 goals)
Flair Profile: Insanely talented. Possible attitude issues. Mystique. The ultimate transfer saga
Story so far: 1st in Round 1 Group D (62 votes), 1st in Sweet 16 Group D (49 votes)
_67643015_vicentegetty.jpg

VS

Leon Knight
Nationality: English
Position: Striker
Albion Career: 2003-06 (108 apps 36 goals(
Flair Profile: Ultimate bad boy attitude. Incredible amount of off-field shenanigans. Incredible social media presence (including being a member on NSC). Complete lack of discipline, self awareness or humility. Unfulfilled potential
Progress: 2nd in Group B (25 votes), 2nd in Sweet 16 Ground A (37 votes)
Leon Knight.jpg.gallery.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] this is where you tell everyone what the correct answer is before everyone ignores you and votes for the best player.

Edit - and then cites the dictionary definition of flair as a defence of their lack of understanding

Oct 25, 2003
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] this is where you tell everyone what the correct answer is before everyone ignores you and votes for the best player.

Edit - and then cites the dictionary definition of flair as a defence of their lack of understanding

gonna hold fire on that one. I should have called their bluff in the 1st quarter final and claimed that Calderon was the "obvious winner"

Oct 25, 2003
I’m going for Knight on this one. Love Vicente obviously but I feel like he’ll be a popular choice so Leon needs my vote more. He’s an absolute maverick, he contributed a lot on the pitch and was utterly insane off it.

His social media presence (tweets about sleep sexing his ‘girl’ and insane YouTube videos are just the start) is utterly remarkable

His career is an incredible one. Sacked by numerous clubs for a variety of reasons. He pissed off one club so much that they retained his registration for FOUR YEARS after he left just so that he couldn’t play for anyone else in England

An incredible man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Knight isn't Hispanic and hasn't played for Brighton since they became cool/good, therefore he has no chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Knight. He was a goddam member of NSC for Christ's sake.
I’m going for Knight on this one. Love Vicente obviously but I feel like he’ll be a popular choice so Leon needs my vote more. He’s an absolute maverick, he contributed a lot on the pitch and was utterly insane off it.

His social media presence (tweets about sleep sexing his ‘girl’ and insane YouTube videos are just the start) is utterly remarkable

His career is an incredible one. Sacked by numerous clubs for a variety of reasons. He pissed off one club so much that they retained his registration for FOUR YEARS after he left just so that he couldn’t play for anyone else in England
With this sort of logic I'm starting to wonder why I'm not in the competition.

Oct 25, 2003
heres an entertainment timeline of Knights career
2004- Absolutely bangs in the goals all year. Scores winner at Millennium Stadium. Takes shirt off while sporting a semi erection
2006- Thrown off the Albion team bus on the way back from Southampton, his relationship with Mark Mcghee had been 'strained' for quite a long time
- Transfer listed and moves to Swansea. Scores hat trick on his debut. Publicly wishes that Brighton get relegated. Transfer listed by Swansea due to 'poor attitude.
2008 Transfer listed by Rushden. Sacked (not released- SACKED) after continual breaches of conduct. Rushden retain his registration unless Knight pays them £30,000 meaning he can't play for another English club until his contract expires

2009 Signs for Hamilton. Gets sent off as an unused sub after a "tunnel brawl"

2010 Goes on trial at Darlington. Rushden block transfer. Extent his contract for another year. Knight refuses to pay them as he won't "give them the satisfaction"

Signs for Coleraine. Gets transfer listed for failing to appear for training and matches. Also publicly states his desire to sign for other clubs.

2012Things are going well at Coleraine now but theres a spanner in the works. The club ask Knight to relocate to Northern Ireland or pay his own travel costs- £1000-1500 per month. He refuses and joins Glentoran.

Sacked by Glentoran 6 months later for tweets opposing Barack Obamas support for same-sex marriage.

2015 Becomes a player-manager for North West Counties League side Barnton.

2017 Gets embroiled in a public online feud with Jamie O'Hara and Danielle Lloyd- for literally no reason whatsoever

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
heres an entertainment timeline of Knights career
2004- Absolutely bangs in the goals all year. Scores winner at Millennium Stadium. Takes shirt off while sporting a semi erection
2006- Thrown off the Albion team bus on the way back from Southampton, his relationship with Mark Mcghee had been 'strained' for quite a long time
- Transfer listed and moves to Swansea. Scores hat trick on his debut. Publicly wishes that Brighton get relegated. Transfer listed by Swansea due to 'poor attitude.
2008 Transfer listed by Rushden. Sacked (not released- SACKED) after continual breaches of conduct. Rushden retain his registration unless Knight pays them £30,000 meaning he can't play for another English club until his contract expires

2009 Signs for Hamilton. Gets sent off as an unused sub after a "tunnel brawl"

2010 Goes on trial at Darlington. Rushden block transfer. Extent his contract for another year. Knight refuses to pay them as he won't "give them the satisfaction"

Signs for Coleraine. Gets transfer listed for failing to appear for training and matches. Also publicly states his desire to sign for other clubs.

2012Things are going well at Coleraine now but theres a spanner in the works. The club ask Knight to relocate to Northern Ireland or pay his own travel costs- £1000-1500 per month. He refuses and joins Glentoran.

Sacked by Glentoran 6 months later for tweets opposing Barack Obamas support for same-sex marriage.

2015 Becomes a player-manager for North West Counties League side Barnton.

2017 Gets embroiled in a public online feud with Jamie O'Hara and Danielle Lloyd- for literally no reason whatsoever

This and this alone should result in a fix for him to win this.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I really liked Leon Knight when he played for us and will always be grateful for THAT penalty, but Vicente is probably the most naturally gifted player i have ever seen pull on an Albion shirt. No contest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really liked Leon Knight when he played for us and will always be grateful for THAT penalty, but Vicente is probably the most naturally gifted player i have ever seen pull on an Albion shirt. No contest.

Vicente would win in a competition of who is the most naturally gifted footballer, or a competition of who is the best footballer.

This isn't one of those competitions though. :thumbsup:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Ok. So what's that got to do with the poll?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here