News On Leeds Utd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Official text states negotiations have now CEASED!!

Few lads up here starting to get worried!!!

:flameboun :lolol: :flameboun

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Not sure why another club loosing their ground is something to celebrate? Surely you know how that feels?

I wish I could post more, but when the whole sorry tale of the boardroom and their failures comes out perhaps people will understand just how badly we have been shafted.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Starry said:
Not sure why another club loosing their ground is something to celebrate? Surely you know how that feels?

I wish I could post more, but when the whole sorry tale of the boardroom and their failures comes out perhaps people will understand just how badly we have been shafted.

I would ignore the above poster, he has a bitter and near pathological hatred of Leeds. Whilst seeing the mighty fall is amusing, under no circumstances do most sane people want to see another club lose its last asset or go to the wall.

Still if you get to play Barnsley, you can let Risdale know.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Starry said:

agree with that starry, as much as I hate Leeds fans for thinking they "belong in the prem" at the end of the day its another kick in the teeth for football....but then again how did they get into this situation? A Chairman who wanted the best and overspent....now they are f***ed so its their own doing in a way, but still...dont wanna see them go further down shit creek without a paddle. League 2 will do nicely for them :thumbsup:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
League 2 is something I would take. SO long as we still have a Leeds Utd, and right now it's a very real possibility that we may cease to exist as we do now.

Ridsdale has been and gone and we'll forever live under what he did to us, but the current board have done far worse things than he did. The whole tale will come out.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Starry said:
League 2 is something I would take. SO long as we still have a Leeds Utd, and right now it's a very real possibility that we may cease to exist as we do now.

Ridsdale has been and gone and we'll forever live under what he did to us, but the current board have done far worse things than he did. The whole tale will come out.

Think we all know how Starry and other Leeds fans feel .... come on guys we have been there (Wrexham are currently there) and in all honesty we were never the BIG club that Leeds were. Archer may have been worse than Ridsdale but the end result is fairly similar.

*** waits for dave the gaffer to get his boot in!! ***

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think it's the big club attitude. It tends to use up the good-will that might otherwise be shown. The club hasn't readjusted to it's reduced circumstances yet.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is from the BBC:

Leeds £25m takeover collapses
The £25m takeover of Leeds United by an American consortium led by Sebastian Sainsbury has collapsed.
The money was not transfered by 1300 GMT on Friday and the club has now ceased negotiations with Sainsbury and Nova Financial Partners.

A second consortium led by Norman Stubbs is ready to invest £10m but their involvement is understood to be dependent on the sale of Elland Road.

It is thought the sale would be on a sale and leaseback deal.

Leeds need to repay a reported £3m on a loan made by Aston Villa director Jack Petchey by close of business on Friday if they are to avoid a £2m penalty.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Voroshilov said:
I think it's the big club attitude. It tends to use up the good-will that might otherwise be shown. The club hasn't readjusted to it's reduced circumstances yet.

But we have. I am not sure why people keep on with the big club mentality. I am a season ticket older, go week in week out home and away. The people i go to football with are just grateful that we still have a club, we were once a top 4 Prem club, enjoyed Europe etc. That was 3 years ago, we all know we are your average Championship team now. We don;t have a right to beat any team, we aren't any better than another.

Every noise out of the club has been about stabilisation and how we'd take mid tabel obscurity in the Championship, the fans accept the same, how is that a big club mentality?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
How about stopping your mananger moaning about being unable to sign the players he wants and then going out and signing Healy. If you really are working on a restricted budget you end up with a 38 year old who's been out of league football for a year on a months contract.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What were leeds doing forking out 400,000 for healy?

this is cheating. What happens if we go down instead of leeds for being honest and not spending money we dont have?

f*** em.:angry:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I think what most people begrudge was going out offering silly money for David Healey when smaller well run clubs can't.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ok , I wouldn't ever want to see any club lose their ground, but we didnt go out spending money to chase the champions league dream. The money they spent after two good seasons was a lesson to all football clubs.

I do feel sorry for the fans as they are very much behind their club no matter what, but the club is in this situation purely on their own doing.

Not exaclty the same sorry situation as Wrexham I think you'll agree.

;)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Voroshilov said:
How about stopping your mananger moaning about being unable to sign the players he wants and then going out and signing Healy. If you really are working on a restricted budget you end up with a 38 year old who's been out of league football for a year on a months contract.

you said the same kinda thing as me but obviously I said it better.:lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
David Healys transfer was paid for by someone out their own pocket, not club money.

I cannot say anymore than that for confidentiality reason, but Healys transfer was not funded by money Leeds Utd didn't have.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Someone at work told me, The training ground was sold to a company owned by none other than..... Gerald Krasner ( or whatever his name is)

:nono:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I can't comment, the truth can and will come out.

But lets just say, it wasn't Krasners company, it was another of his Ilks though :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports