Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handful of tickets left for Newcastle and ticket exchange now active

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I e-mailed Jenny Glover on this issue last week and was told it is not possible, even offered to pay full price for a mate but was told the system can't accommodate this. Unless the poilicy has changed in the last few days.

Here you go:

"We allow up to six upgrades because we fully appreciate that our younger fans may struggle to commit to every match, particularly midweek evening games that fall on a school night. At the seventh time of asking for an upgrade we will allow the season ticket to be fully upgraded for the remainder, of the season but we do not permit any further match by match upgrades."

Detailed here: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ove-albion-season-ticket-holders-2846104.aspx

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
with all the fixture changes I've maxed out on upgrades of my sons under 18 ticket and the club refuses to allow me to take a full paying guest in his place. Voucher is pointless. Club needs to be more flexible.

I e-mailed Jenny Glover on this issue last week and was told it is not possible, even offered to pay full price for a mate but was told the system can't accommodate this. Unless the poilicy has changed in the last few days.

If you are happy to pay full price, how is there a problem? Just go to the ticket exchange thing and make the seat available, then ring up and buy it (back).

And you get some bonus vouchers to boot.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Here you go:

"We allow up to six upgrades because we fully appreciate that our younger fans may struggle to commit to every match, particularly midweek evening games that fall on a school night. At the seventh time of asking for an upgrade we will allow the season ticket to be fully upgraded for the remainder, of the season but we do not permit any further match by match upgrades."

Detailed here: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ove-albion-season-ticket-holders-2846104.aspx

Thanks for that was not offered that as an option when I enquired but will look into it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Here you go:

Also worth noting I think, that very few clubs allow as many as six upgrades.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Right, I bought 3 WSU tickets for a family member who has left me in the lurch with them.

If I can't find anyone to sell them too, can I sell them back on the exchange and can the shop vouchers be exchanged for money.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Right, I bought 3 WSU tickets for a family member who has left me in the lurch with them.

If I can't find anyone to sell them too, can I sell them back on the exchange and can the shop vouchers be exchanged for money.

Yes, and no, respectively.

No guarantee that they will be sold though - though I suspect they would.

I'd have thought that using a social media site's "Home tix wanted" section might be your better bet, tbh (you'll get full face value rather than (I think) £25 each for them). I can't offhand think of a social media site that has such a section, but I'm sure you could find one if you looked around...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Shop vouchers can only be spent in the club shop as farvas I know and I believe there's a time limit within which you can use them

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You can upgrade the ticket for the rest of the season. Means you're paying a bit over the odds when your son comes but ensures it can be used when he can't. If your "guests" pay a little extra it should cover your outlay, as they'll be getting a very cheap ticket relative to gate prices.

Depends on where the seats are but assuming it's price band B, it'll cost in the region £77 to upgrade for the rest of the season from, and including, the Newcastle game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Shop vouchers can only be spent in the club shop as farvas I know and I believe there's a time limit within which you can use them

For that reason, if I can't make a game and the exchange is activated, I wouldn't be using it. If I can get a frie nd to go I will but otherwise it would be an empty seat (which isn't very often).

The club are pretty reasonable with returns. As it's a few weeks away, I reckon you have a chance of a refund if you just rock up at the Amex with them. Playing the change of date card might help, but if not, you won't have an issue getting rid.

It's another odd move by the club not announcing the exchange yet. Could they be waiting to see if Newcastle don't take their full allocation? Many have assumed they will sell out their end in next to no time. The reality is that it's gone through the points phase, then onto season ticket holders and now any Toon fan with a membership can buy one. I guess the next stage is general sale.

Tomorrow, they are at Norwich, half the distance, not on the telly and probably with a similar (if not smaller) allocation than we gave them.

Newcastle sold out the away end this morning shortly after it went on general sale

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/brighton-a-ticket-news

On the seat map there are just 3 tickets available to buy in the premium 1901 area.

It's about time the club got promoting the exchange as if you are not going, you will unlikely be looking on the part of the site that sells tickets.

Can't wait for this one

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For that reason, if I can't make a game and the exchange is activated, I wouldn't be using it. If I can get a frie nd to go I will but otherwise it would be an empty seat (which isn't very often).

Whilst I agree that it's not THAT generous a reward for deactivating your ST, it is surely better than NOTHING?

If you know you haven't got a mate to use your ticket, why would you not do it? Even if you end up not using the vouchers (why wouldn't you?) you will still know that the club /Tony have benefited to the tune of £30 or so, by your clicking on a box on your computer screen. That would be a good thing, no?

Miserable wotsit. Use it to buy a couple of scarfs and stand outside the family stand and give it to some kids who hasn't got one. Such an act might even make you smile.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Newcastle sold out the away end this morning shortly after it went on general sale

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/brighton-a-ticket-news

On the seat map there are just 3 tickets available to buy in the premium 1901 area.

It's about time the club got promoting the exchange as if you are not going, you will unlikely be looking on the part of the site that sells tickets.

Can't wait for this one

I have put my and my wife's WSU tickets into the exchange. No idea if they have sold though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here