Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May ruled to have broken the law.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's a key issue to be taken from this news but inevitably there'll be a lot of tangential prevarication and deflection from those unwilling or unable to grasp it's significance.

You appear to fall into that category so here's a clue (one equally applicable to anyone of a slow/low/dim witted nature) to help you answer your own question; six are yesterday's news and one is the current Prime Minister of Great Britain.

I posted that because Clamp is always fishing.

When you find a political party that isn't corrupt, please let me know.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is taken from the article

Theresa May became involved in 2014 when, as Home Secretary, she refused to take legal responsibility for the families. And despite the fact that the families were granted refugee status, May argued that did not extend to the SBA. She therefore argued that the families had no right to resettlement in the UK.

To me that reads as Mrs May clearly refused them entry to the UK, and was arguing (incorrectly on appeal) that the Convention did not extend to SBA. I don't read that as refusing for the case to ne heard, which surely is a Court decision given that they are independent from Government.

No doubt you will explain your rationale for us thickies

Mrs May refused to acknowledge their refugee status as having any validity in the UK as she didn't believe this extended to the SBA. She refused to have their case for refugee status heard pertaining to the UK.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I posted that because Clamp is always fishing.

When you find a political party that isn't corrupt, please let me know.

You're a funny one. Everytime anyone says something you don't like you accuse them of fishing or trolling. It's not very helpful.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Your post is an ignorant one and misses the point entirely. Of course we will be leaving the EU as that was the way the vote went. It's just a disaster that this woman is doing the leading.

It would be a bigger disaster if Corbyn was doing the leading. Not entirely confident in May, but Corbyn and McDonnell and Abbott.....more like the Scream Team.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It would be a bigger disaster if Corbyn was doing the leading. Not entirely confident in May, but Corbyn and McDonnell and Abbott.....more like the Scream Team.

I like Corbyn. I like his politics and I like his ideals. Barely any of which would work in the world we live in. Unfortunately. Although I do believe he'd be a far better negotiator than May. Because he listens.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This has been utterly refuted in several other threads(mostly by [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] - I suggest you read them). Of course he wasn't in the IRA, just best buddies...

Don't think Corbyn ever met a Terrorist he didn't like as long as they were against the USA, Israel or Britain.

Quite right. He wasn't member of the IRA but was very much a fellow traveller who supported a United Ireland on Sinn Fein/IRA terms. Suggest Clamp/Nibble reads this esp. the words of Lord Bew who is just about the most authoritative figure on Northern Ireland and the Troubles as you can get.

10n6mx5.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That sounds like a recipe for SUCCESS. Where do I sign?

:laugh:

It really doesn't. He's a great man but his ideals just won't hold water in the current global climate. Which is a huge shame because he wants what would make the UK a far nicer place to live and work.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Where did I suggest May was the first to sell arms?

What I'm saying is the world knows what the Saudis do with those arms and I don't believe people should be voting to keep a PM who sells arms to Saudi who go on to arm the type of people that blow up 8 year old girls at pop concerts. I didn't agree with it before and I don't agree with it now.
Whether you like Corbyn or not, he is a politician of principles. The Saudi point for me is that his Government would not sell arms to them. This may lead to job losses in the UK, but that is a policy choice for voters to make.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whether you like Corbyn or not, he is a politician of principles. The Saudi point for me is that his Government would not sell arms to them. This may lead to job losses in the UK, but that is a policy choice for voters to make.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hmm...principled enough to take money (and lots of it) from Iran TV even after it was censured in the UK for being the official mouthpiece of the homophobic, holocaust-denying Iranian junta.

All politicians lie, all politicians have very flexible morals. Corbyn is no different. He's just got better PR.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry, mate, but that is surely a RIDICULOUS claim.

JC probably has the WORST PR of just about any leading politician of recent times?

Really? Then why do I see constantly all those Memes about Corbyn being on the right side of history, about his supposed humanity and how much he has always cared?

Look at this thread - people gushing over a man who quite literally honoured IRA terrorists. How the f*ck does that happen in a normal world*?

*Cognitive dissonance and very good PR is the answer.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The canary is the left equivalent of the mail or sun - terrible journalism

I do agree with that. Not a publication of integrity. I don't reference it when arguing in favour of the left.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There's a key issue to be taken from this news but inevitably there'll be a lot of tangential prevarication and deflection from those unwilling or unable to grasp it's significance.

You appear to fall into that category so here's a clue (one equally applicable to anyone of a slow/low/dim witted nature) to help you answer your own question; six are yesterday's news and one is the current Prime Minister of Great Britain.

You appear to be a pompous,vile,abusive woman who fails to see how moronic her post is.May being Home Secretary is just as much yesterday's news,but you are obviously too slow/low/dim witted to notice :lolol:

Non story. Most Home Secretaries have rulings go against their decisions occasionally. Jack Straw for example.

Most Home Secretaries like to justify their actions by hiding behind their officials, the civil servants. And then defending those officials. When decisions turn out to be wrong, the politicians genuinely believe that they personally did no wrong.

This isn't how it should be. At a local level, I remember a (Tory) leader of East Sussex County Council discovering that ESCC had legal responsibility for hundreds of looked-after children. For the first time ever, she asked to see every single one of the files that set out the circumstances that had put these children into the care of the Council. The Education Officers were appalled, but she insisted, on the grounds that "the Council" meant the councillors. What happened next was much closer scrutiny of the rights and wrongs of all the decisions that affected the lives of the young people.

That is what taking responsibility is all about. Most politicians are happy to pretend that they act responsibly, but few seek out the details. That criticism applies to politicians of all parties.

Incidentally, the councillor in question was Daphne Bagshawe, the mother of ex-Tory MP, Louise Mensch, who is currently giving Donald Trump hell over his failures to act within the law.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

How would it be a bigger disaster you wanted out of the EU, we are coming out of the EU. A paid gorilla could achieve that now that Article 50 has been triggered,

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Most Home Secretaries like to justify their actions by hiding behind their officials, the civil servants. And then defending those officials. When decisions turn out to be wrong, the politicians genuinely believe that they personally did no wrong.

This isn't how it should be. At a local level, I remember a (Tory) leader of East Sussex County Council discovering that ESCC had legal responsibility for hundreds of looked-after children. For the first time ever, she asked to see every single one of the files that set out the circumstances that had put these children into the care of the Council. The Education Officers were appalled, but she insisted, on the grounds that "the Council" meant the councillors. What happened next was much closer scrutiny of the rights and wrongs of all the decisions that affected the lives of the young people.

That is what taking responsibility is all about. Most politicians are happy to pretend that they act responsibly, but few seek out the details. That criticism applies to politicians of all parties.

Incidentally, the councillor in question was Daphne Bagshawe, the mother of ex-Tory MP, Louise Mensch, who is currently giving Donald Trump hell over his failures to act within the law.

Seems like she did the right thing there and the EOs lost their easy lives.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Really? Then why do I see constantly all those Memes about Corbyn being on the right side of history, about his supposed humanity and how much he has always cared?

Look at this thread - people gushing over a man who quite literally honoured IRA terrorists. How the f*ck does that happen in a normal world*?

*Cognitive dissonance and very good PR is the answer.

Also see Cognitive distortions. Actually I agree with hans kraay fan club his PR is pretty crap but it still works on some.

It's also quite disturbing seeing normally sensible decent people deluding themselves that voting Labour isn't endorsing Corbyn and strengthening his position.

'We're just trying to limit the Tory majority' ...:facepalm::shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here