Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Council Election Results

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No it's the labour suburban seats that went green last time that seem to be reverting somewhat. The hardcore Tory bungalow lands have remained solid blue throughout.

Wrong. suggest you check the western suburban voting from last time and this, Labour did not hand over to the Greens.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Wrong. suggest you check the western suburban voting from last time and this, Labour did not hand over to the Greens.

For the umpteenth time, I didn't say that all the previously labour suburbs went green, simply that the ones that did eg P Park and Hollingdean seem to be reverting, whereas the city centre ones aren't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With UKIP losing their only seat in Moulsecoomb and Bevendean the Conservatives have no back up ally.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As I said, it's the ones that went from labour to green that are now reverting. UKip is the bigger threat in the tory suburbs

UKIP is no threat in Brighton at all. In fact, they've just lost their only seat.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
With UKIP losing their only seat in Moulsecoomb and Bevendean the Conservatives have no back up ally.

I don't know why you do this all the time, but your asides are once again completely wrong. That UKIP councillor was a Labour to UKIP defector from last time. He was never going to 'back up' the Conservatives - and local politics doesn't work in such a binary way as you are suggesting anyway.

You've spent the last 2 or 3 months making fundamentally wrong predictions and comments about the General Election - one would have thought you'd at least do some research before commenting now.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Greens just lost another seat in Withdean, all three seats to Conservatives,Greens have lost control thankfully.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As I said, it's the ones that went from labour to green that are now reverting. UKip is the bigger threat in the tory suburbs

:facepalm: Check out where UKIP really does best, in traditional Labour areas, explaining their ex-councillor in Moulescoombe. Then check out the general election results, you know, the ones from two days ago, where did UKIP do really well? Northern Labour heartlands, UKIP are no threat to Tory zones, see any MP's of theirs in Sussex?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
GREENS mashed in Hollingdean and Stanmer LAB win 3 seats

Well, not quite mashed for third place, but yes, a good win for Labour.

I think I've won my argument with the next council leader, Warren Morgan, over the Lucas effect.....

Mind you, he made need an alliance with the Greens to be sure :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Greens just lost another seat in Withdean, all three seats to Conservatives,Greens have lost control thankfully.

May yet be part of an alliance with Labour though.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Greens have lost Queens Park #mortified :cry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't know why you do this all the time, but your asides are once again completely wrong. That UKIP councillor was a Labour to UKIP defector from last time. He was never going to 'back up' the Conservatives - and local politics doesn't work in such a binary way as you are suggesting anyway.

You've spent the last 2 or 3 months making fundamentally wrong predictions and comments about the General Election - one would have thought you'd at least do some research before commenting now.

My impression was that he held a grudge against Labour for de-selecting him. In Grimsby and Cleethorpes we now have 9 UKIP councillors who are butt buddies with the Conservatives.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brilliant news, at least Geoffrey Bowden has gone.

Stephanie was a great councillor. There's a lot more I could say, but it would seem bitter. The voters have decided. Time to move on.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bloody hell they leave the ward my mother is standing in until very last. I,ve been watching this for about 6 hours waiting for her to be on the big screen. Come on soon mother Meade!!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here