Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Are we up and running now?
Got my 1st 2 draws against L1 computer and a newbie player last night, pretty sure I'm ready for the big guns.......................:rock::rock::rock:

Yes, we most certainly are!

Members so far at 23, of which 18 have entered for the inaugural Albion NSC Open.

For people already entered, and any late comers,I will start it at 18.00 tomorrow, unless any objections?

I set it up for 32 players, so will probably have to change format slightly, but the time format will remain the same, of one move minimum per day and you will play simultaneous games against all in your group, of which two will advance.

All details are on the tournament page.

If any else wishes to join, please do!!

I'll stay on chess.com until midnight to accept new players and will then send an invite to the tournament that you just click to .enter automatically.

It's going well, we have moderators / helpers already, so come on guys, come and play chess,and BASH OUR BISHOPS!

If you do join, could you please pm me on here to tell me your user name on chess.com so we know who you are and not a palarse gimp :rock:

https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Members so far at 23, of which 18 have entered for the inaugural Albion NSC Open.

For people already entered, and any late comers,I will start it at 18.00 tomorrow, unless any objections?

I set it up for 32 players, so will probably have to change format slightly, but the time format will remain the same, of one move minimum per day and you will play simultaneous games against all in your group, of which two will advance.

I'll stay on chess.com until midnight to accept new players and will then send an invite to the tournament that you just click to .enter automatically.

It's going well, we have moderators / helpers already, so come on guys, come and play chess,and BASH OUR BISHOPS!

If you do join, could you please pm me on here to tell me your user name on chess.com so we know who you are and not a palarse gimp :rock:

Will there be a dress code? Smoking jackets? Black tie?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Will there be a dress code? Smoking jackets? Black tie?

When we set up team games against footy fans, One would expect the Stripes to be worn :laugh::rock::bigwave:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
:bounce:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Havent had a chance to properly look at this so is it obvious which game you are playing and who moves when etc?
Yes matey. Once you've played a few moved it becomes very easy and clear. There's also an app you can download which notifies you of when someone has moved. It's on android and Apple.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Are games being played tonight? I'm out at our rugby club dinner, I can't sit there making moves

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Are games being played tonight? I'm out at our rugby club dinner, I can't sit there making moves
It's a move minimum of one per day, so it's starts at 6pm, therefore you have until 6pm tomorrow to make your first moves.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yes matey. Once you've played a few moved it becomes very easy and clear. There's also an app you can download which notifies you of when someone has moved. It's on android and Apple.

Yes i have been using the app for “Training” but can only seem to get to the tournament through the link you posted. Even then i havent seen who is in which league etc. Guess i will have to have a poke around before the big kick off

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

https://www.chess.com/club/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

It starts today you thick buggers. Read what the hardworking man has said, good luck everyone and still a couple of places left to make the 24 but it goes ahead with 22/23 regardless. When Pickles clicks go at 5.55 tonight the format and groups go live. If you have a ranking it seeds the groups.

Will be playing in Europe pretty soon Pickles reckons.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Just resent them.The tournament filled up 24 out of 24 so i've made up to 28,although it'll mean we'll have a group of group of three if others come in.

I've also sent a challenge match for an eight team game against the supporters of Zenit St Petersburg. We are in Europe!!!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Just resent them.The tournament filled up 24 out of 24 so i've made up to 28,although it'll mean we'll have a group of group of three if others come in.

I've also sent a challenge match for an eight team game against the supporters of Zenit St Petersburg. We are in Europe!!!

hoping to speak to maffew tomorrow, he'll be well chuffed!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Rightio chaps, we're started :amex:

There are some tough cookies out there!

Good luck all :cheers::cheers:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good job Russians aren’t good at chess.....

They chuck pieces at your head presumably?

We are up and running. Good luck everybody and apologies to my first opponents if I am either very crap or very slow to move the game on. Bear with me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here