Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monks Farm Development

el punal

That's the stadium naming rights sorted for when the Amex deal runs out then. But will we still all call it The Amex?

Oh, and some marvellous new IKEA Park'n'Ride possibilities from West Sussex open up that may allow large numbers of fans to bypass the unfit for purpose train service.

It's all good from an Albion point of view.

I can hear the digs already from opposition fans - " just another flat pack stadium."

Of course if IKEA did do match day Park n' Ride services they would take ages. First of all you have to go through the bedding department, then sofas, then cupboards and wardrobes, lighting and electrical sundries . . . . you'll find the Mithras House bus at the check outs, after you've consumed the special offer meatballs. :mad:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I'm amazed this is getting so much support.

All those of us who are married or with long term girlfriends should realise this is an absolute ****ing nightmare.

True, true. But that's how relationships develop don't they? At the start it's all candlelit dinners and sexy lingerie, but you're not a proper couple until you've had an argument in the car park at IKEA.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

All those of us who are married or with long term girlfriends should realise this is an absolute ****ing nightmare.

Guy on radio Sussex said he was worried that his Sunday roasts would be replaced by cushion shopping!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Apologies for being dumb, but I have two questions:

1) How much is the club/Bloom paying of the 170million costs?

2) Perry states that it will hopefully pay off some of the money that is owed to Bloom. How will this work? Does the money go to the club and then to Bloom?Or straight to Bloom?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

After all this time, you've still not learned how to get brownie points?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

2) Perry states that it will hopefully pay off some of the money that is owed to Bloom. How will this work? Does the money go to the club and then to Bloom?Or straight to Bloom?

See my post #68 where I make an educated guess as to what's going to happen.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Perhaps someone in the biz can give us a feel for how this all works, who pays for what now and how does the club as the developer and landlord sit at the end of all this , eg raking in the rent.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Perhaps someone in the biz can give us a feel for how this all works, who pays for what now and how does the club as the developer and landlord sit at the end of all this , eg raking in the rent.

NMF own the land, they will probably make the planning application at significant cost although Ikea could be chipping in. They will have an agreement with a house developer at a price subject to achieving an agreeable planning consent, which will then trigger payment from them to NMF either in part or agreed phases. The housing developer will then build out and sell the houses. Not sure how it works with the Ikea element, could be a similar deal or they could be giving them a long 99 year lease of the land at an agreed charge per year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Sorry for being really stupid but can someone summarise how Brighton can make money from this and how much will they potentially invest in this? I've not read all the thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I do hope the plans for this development have been properly copyrighted. You need to have this at the bottom:

"This plan is copyright protected throughout the world and publication of even small parts of the plan would be an infringement of this copyright
However, for the purposes of discussion and review, the whole plan can be reproduced as long as the document does not get brought into the public domain without prior permission"

I think you're all in breach. Expect [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] to be knocking on Tony's door any second now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I do hope the plans for this development have been properly copyrighted. You need to have this at the bottom:

"This plan is copyright protected throughout the world and publication of even small parts of the plan would be an infringement of this copyright
However, for the purposes of discussion and review, the whole plan can be reproduced as long as the document does not get brought into the public domain without prior permission"

I think you're all in breach. Expect [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] to be knocking on Tony's door any second now.
Hopefully Tony will "Release the hounds"

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or even in another world, the Ikea Community Stadium.
Bloody thing would never get built, always bits missing :D

The Ikea Stadium, yesterday.

lego.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here