Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women start their WSL campaign this Sunday

Oct 25, 2003
I’ll be going and taking my niece who is showing an interest in Football.

One question- if my wife comes as well it will mean also bringing my 2 month old- surely I wouldn’t have to pay for him would I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I’ll be going and taking my niece who is showing an interest in Football.

One question- if my wife comes as well it will mean also bringing my 2 month old- surely I wouldn’t have to pay for him would I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check with the club, but I seriously doubt it. Makes sure he gets the beers in in later life for assisting his bunking in though.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Keep seeing this thread and wondering what our Women are doing in West Stand Lower. Painting hopefully, as I'd rather watch that dry, than watch them play football. SPRINTS FOR COVER....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
New signing from Doncaster Belles, Emily Simpkins, was the first person to chain her bike to the cycle rack planter I'd put outside Kernel Health food shop on Kingsway last week. I feel privileged.
:albion2:
Such a shame (1)... that Brighton didn't follow Doncaster's example and call the Women's team the Belles. 'Brighton Belles' would be brilliant!

Such a shame (2) ... that the matches are in Crawley! Ok, it's not Priestfield, but still.

grahamt

Dec 13, 2017
I agree it's a shame the women have to play at Crawley. I was a Brighton Women's season ticket holder last year but I've not renewed this season because of the time and inconvenience involved in getting to the Broadfield stadium by public transport. I can see the reasons for the move, though, and hope the increased Mid-Sussex support helps the team.

Has the club ever costed a possible extension to their mini-stadium at the Academy complex, something along the lines of what Man City have done? (Yes, I know City are much richer.) It might be prudent to wait until we see how well the team does in the WSL this season but, assuming we don't get relegated in the near future, a small stadium closer to Brighton could be a good investment, for the age-group teams as well as the women.

grahamt

Dec 13, 2017
One other niggle about the WSL: the unevenness of the season. OK, every team will have a couple of gaps because of the 11-team league, but beyond that, Brighton have seven home matches between 9 Sept and 9 Dec inclusive, and then only three more between then and the end of the season in May. Hard to build up momentum for a big finish with only three home matches in the 2019 part of the season.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
This Sunday Brighton Women start their first Womens Super League campaign by playing Bristol City at 2pm at Crawley. With the international break in the mens game, this is a perfect time to get along and support the team - I would be there but its my mums 80th birthday so can't make it (dammit).

Tickets available as usual in advance from Seagulls Tickets with pricing as follows:

Adult: £7.00, 65+: £6.00, Under-21: £6.00, Under-18: £5.00, Under-10: £3.00

Tickets will also be available at the gate for:
Adult: £10.00, 65+: £8.00, Under-21: £8.00, Under-18: £7.00, Under-10: £4.00

You can also get a season ticket for the bargain price of just £45 for an adult.

Former captain Vicky Ashton-Jones thinks the team will hold their own, despite the massive challenge this season will be: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c.../ashton-jones-backs-albion-to-be-competitive/

Womens football website Offside Rule have also written an article that discusses Brighton : https://offsiderulepodcast.com/2018...n-make-their-mark-in-the-womens-super-league/

Hope theres a good crowd on Sunday and UTA! :albion2:

Season ticket is an absolute bargin.
I just don't understand the idea of charging more on the gate (well actually I do it's to make the club's life easier but it's the reason I will probably never turn up on the day out of principle). £10 for me and the boy is the maximum I would pay for this level of football (Yes. If I lived an easy life and knew every time I would get a couple of hours off I could buy in advance). I know it's the premier league but for me the price on the gate rules me out.
I am proud the Albion are in the premier league and will check out their results but that's about as far as it will go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here