Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
TBF Sam B has proved me wrong once when he had his fantastic (promotion) season with us, but I genuinely think the Prem is a step too far for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well unless we actually get to see him play in the Premier League we will never know! But l reluctantly agree, with all the firepower now at our disposal, I think it's time to wave Sam a fond goodbye. Although whether he will actually go or not l'm not sure, I've said all along that I expect the club to hold on to one of Baldock or Hemed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll be sad to see Baldock go to Reading. He could do so much better than them. It's a shame for his sake that a team like, say, Bristol City aren't in for him.

There is a lot of guff from that Reading stato quoted above, but ultimately he's arrived at the correct conclusion - would be a good signing for them, but not at a high proportion of their meagre transfer budget. It sounds like they need an out and out goal scorer too. That said, having Baldock in the side creates a lot more margin for error on that front because he creates so much space and thus goal scoring opportunities for others.

I'll be sad to see Baldock go, as he's been one of the best forwards off the ball we've ever had. In this respect, I actually think he was better than Jesse Lingard when he was here, and at that time that was Lingard's best attribute.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This afternoon

& evening.

T'is an open:goal:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't help feeling Sam deserves better than this. Can't see Reading threatening promotion next year. Hope he doesn't get lost in mid-table mediocrity.

Barring injury should get plenty of game time. From our point of view he's off the wage bill and on the basis he was unlikely to get a game here, it frees up space in 25 man squad. The low fee might also relect what we end up paying for Moore! Good business all round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is Super Sam getting a medical or interviewing the Reading medical team?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hope things work out for Sammy. Scored some great goals for us but it was just a shame his body let him down so often.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hope things work out for Sammy. Scored some great goals for us but it was just a shame his body let him down so often.

You just know he'll not miss a game for them and will have to be rested for fear of burn out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here