Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC 3rd/4th Play off match

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes yes whatever. Bored now problem with you you’re so blinkered to all things Tottenham you can’t have a decent debate. I expect you even like that prick Hoddle’s commentary.

Jesus Christ.

I’ve said he was poor in the past few games.

If it wasn’t for Kane’s goals against Tunisia we would have been sweating on getting out of group.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
WTF is Keane doing as a pundit? Good but not great player, shite manager and totally biased against England

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Don’t take it as an anti English thing.

Keane hates everyone, especially footballers who are imperfect in a match he pundits on.

In this WC he still talked about one of Taggart’s assistant managers, now an international manager in this WC ..... who he wish he’d taken to one side and nutted.

He’s a deeply depressed, angry, mentally ill soul. Not said glibly, he’s obviously deeply sad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst Kane has been off the pace in the last two games criticising an Englishman who in all likelihood will win the 2018 World Cup Golden Boot and who has led his team with distinction is quite remarkable.

D

Deleted member 2719

To be fair, does anyone care about that? He's lucky to be there in the first place such is the dearth of striking talent. Christ there was a time when the likes of Wright, Ferdinand and Fowler could barely get on the bench.

I don't rate Welbeck, but if kinky thinks Kane is injured and Welbeck thinks the same, I think I would retire if I was him as Southgate is just wasting the lads time as he obvisiously stands zero chance of playing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't rate Welbeck, but if kinky thinks Kane is injured and Welbeck thinks the same, I think I would retire if I was him as Southgate is just wasting the lads time as he obvisiously stands zero chance of playing.

Look how before half time in the round of 16 game he picked up the ball, drove forward and either layed it off or got a free kick.

He got smashed just before Half time and he stopped doing it for the rest of the tournament.

D

Deleted member 2719

Look how before half time in the round of 16 game he picked up the ball, drove forward and either layed it off or got a free kick.

He got smashed just before Half time and he stopped doing it for the rest of the tournament.

I am not denying he maybe injured, but if he has lost his main strengths, hitting the target, holding the ball and assisting surely he should say gaffer I am not fit enough let one of the others have ago.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It’s clear you don’t understand football if you didn’t see what Kane brought to the side till he was injured.

Hang on, since when was Kane injured?

Southgate was asked after the Croatia game if he was carrying any knocks, and he said no. If he was injured, he wouldn't have played today.

Or are you just making excuses for his poor performances after saying he was the best player in the world?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like and rate Kane very highly but it cannot be denied that he ws poor against both Sweden and Croatia and should have put away at least one of his chances in each game. I would have expected him to have scored both against Croatia plus of course Lingard should have scored his. The difference between success and failure is footrball is very small. He was no better today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At the end of the day we got lucky and played and beat some very mediocre sides and whenever we played anyone decent we got beaten. Hardly anything to get too excited about despite the media love in.

That's about the strength of it. Kane going off the boil when it most mattered didn't exactly help either.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes yes whatever. Bored now problem with you you’re so blinkered to all things Tottenham you can’t have a decent debate. I expect you even like that prick Hoddle’s commentary.
If Kane played for Liverpool Kinky would have been slagging him off for most of the tournament.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think the match proved against quality opposition we struggle. Need to find a flair midfielder who can create and another striker to help Kane.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We played reasonably well against Belgium without looking dangerous or likely to score but were undone by 2 pieces of brilliant counter attacking by technically more skilful players but there are not many in the world to compare with Hazard and De Bruyne.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We played reasonably well against Belgium without looking dangerous or likely to score but were undone by 2 pieces of brilliant counter attacking by technically more skilful players but there are not many in the world to compare with Hazard and De Bruyne.

We’re still a long long way off becoming an established top tier team imo - Croatia was our golden opportunity but unfortunately we blew it- best chance we’ll ever get because next time we’ll have to beat one of the big boys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here