Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Plant Question

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Molluscs, don't forget about the molluscs!
I can guarantee that every time I grow them from seed, they attract the biggest, slimiest, most orangeyist(if its not a real word, it should be)slugs this side of the channel

Yeah forgot about that....we don't suffer with snails and slugs too much...my Cardoons are right next to a large delphinium bed and they don't get touched

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

My missus and I bought a couple of Petunia Tumbelina Priscilla's yesterday from Racecourse garden centre. As it was raining I put off digging them into my Cotswold Stone Container until lunchtime today.
They were covered in snails and slugs.
Proper question - how did these slimy buggers know that I was going to leave them out overnight????

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Wife loves the flowers on the patch of land were the A23 meets the pier round-a-bout. Found them at Wyevales, £35 a time. Bought her some managers specials at £3, look just as colourful.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My missus and I bought a couple of Petunia Tumbelina Priscilla's yesterday from Racecourse garden centre. As it was raining I put off digging them into my Cotswold Stone Container until lunchtime today.
They were covered in snails and slugs.
Proper question - how did these slimy buggers know that I was going to leave them out overnight????

Put a small beer trap out for the slimy buggers :thumbsup:
That's if you have any left, beer that is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah forgot about that....we don't suffer with snails and slugs too much...my Cardoons are right next to a large delphinium bed and they don't get touched

That's because they're all in my garden. I go out into my little garden and get hold of slugs and snails to kill them off, but the next evening, another hundred* or so have moved in.

*I might be exaggerating very slightly.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't think jevs thinks it was a serious question :moo:
Still, he's never responded to any of my posts to him despite me frequenting his patch long before he got there :hilton:

Oh well, I get that too sometimes, but who cares :cool:
Our allotment is slug free a mo, fingers x

el punal

_73265336_legacy14.jpg

The third Palace kit shown for the first time on their new garlic strewn pitch, with the Holmesdale Massive in attendance.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My Wife loves the flowers on the patch of land were the A23 meets the pier round-a-bout. Found them at Wyevales, £35 a time. Bought her some managers specials at £3, look just as colourful.

If you mean the blue and white Agapanthus bed by the Albion Hotel, that is one of my efforts. You will see this scheme all over Brighton and Hove. I did my best whilst I had the position at work to florally "Blue & White-up" my home town! Lewes Road in April at Moulscoombe has also had the Albion colours treatment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here