Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are you old enough to vote?

Cant take you seriously I'm afraid, you've been shown up and wrong so many times on this forum over a variety of subjects (mainly the political one) that you've become a bit of a figure of ridicule.

Stick to what you do best, posting pictures of inedible looking burgers. :tosser:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lol, are you mentally stable enough to vote?

Perhaps we should all refrain from insults?

Insult? I asked a genuine question. Another poster suggested Bladders was 14.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But you know someone of Rafa's pedigree has struck a deal that he, and only he will be making his own decisions :wink:

That is an excellent point. However you could argue that because we have stayed so long in a flawed EU, we are a bit like a manager like Dario Gradi, years of ineffectual leadership ending ultimately in failure. What does that say about our judgment and our ability to 'go it alone'? Also, Rafa isn't Newcastle, they are separate entities. If Rafa had signed up to be an independent football guru, providing goods and services in return for money on his own terms, I'd agree with you. But he hasn't. He has signed up to manage a recently failing organization. AND - we will see how long his freedom to make his own arangements will last. Whether it be a flounce or a shove, soon he will Rexit.

Right, can you help me think up a football analogy for predicting the weather? Cheers :wave:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I beg your pardon?

You used to be on BBC 606? about 2006? or a [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] was on there......i was 1teamcalledAlbion and you reply to the other poster just reminded me of the comments on the boards back then... :thumbsup: PS if not you then none of what i've just typed counts

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Too much emphasis on post Brexit UK, what about post Brexit EU?

Severely weakened , particularly financially .

It's a house of cards and us leaving would start the domino effect.

Bladders, I think you are right on the last point - and that's the reason why a post-Brexit EU will play hard-ball with us. They will do everything they can to ensure no one else leaves. The Leave campaign is making out that we will easily be able to negotiate tariff-free access to the single market post Brexit, and everything will be hunky-dory. We don't know for certain what will happen, but I'd be 99% sure that the rest of the EU will stick two fingers up at us, and rub their hands with glee as we grovel at their doorstep trying to renegotiate all manner of important issues.

And they couldn't give a toss about losing the £8bn net contribution from the UK - it sounds a lot of money, but the total EU budget is around EUR 150bn, which is around 1% of each member states' GDP. So the £8m we would no longer contribute is approx 0.07% of the GDP of the remaining 27 members.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Leave doesn't need an argument, all you have to do is look online and see how the EU is and has treated member countries over the years, and how utterly out of control this whole organisation is with everyone's money. That gives you a good idea if what our future looks like. If that is not enough I don't know what is.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. The Leave campaign have kidded themselves that they don't need an argument - hence they haven't produced one! They think that because the EU is flawed we're all going to vote for a Brexit. They have unfortunately discovered that a helluva lot of people would rather put their trust in a flawed EU than deranged public school/Oxbridge toffs like Boris and Michael Gove, who laughably have suddenly fallen in love with the NHS (but will privatise the whole thing if they ever get real power - NB: Check out Gove's views on the NHS - he genuinely DOES want to privatise it all).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bladders, I think you are right on the last point - and that's the reason why a post-Brexit EU will play hard-ball with us. They will do everything they can to ensure no one else leaves. The Leave campaign is making out that we will easily be able to negotiate tariff-free access to the single market post Brexit, and everything will be hunky-dory. We don't know for certain what will happen, but I'd be 99% sure that the rest of the EU will stick two fingers up at us, and rub their hands with glee as we grovel at their doorstep trying to renegotiate all manner of important issues.

And they couldn't give a toss about losing the £8bn net contribution from the UK - it sounds a lot of money, but the total EU budget is around EUR 150bn, which is around 1% of each member states' GDP. So the £8m we would no longer contribute is approx 0.07% of the GDP of the remaining 27 members.

Yes that is one side of the coin, but I do not think that will happen, no one benefits from spiting each other particularly the EU, and as I've said before the EU is really just France and Germany and a couple of tiddlers propping up the rest.

The whole landscape changes if we leave. 8 billions is a lot of money, someone is going to have to find it if we leave.

And if our friends on the continent want to treat us like that, then what does that say about them?

My guess is there will probably be some posturing in the aftermath, ( Junkers has already said he'd like to make our lives a misery if we leave - nice ey! :tosser: ) but sense will prevail and mutually agreeable deals will be done.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The world is a different place than it was in 1973 or are you not aware of that!

Yes it is......i was born that year,been down hill ever since..... :mad::wave:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lol, are you mentally stable enough to vote?

Perhaps we should all refrain from insults?

He can't vote......if he can then that's what's wrong with the EU.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This sort of rubbish only comes from one side. The £4300 is defensible and many similar negative economic forecasts have been made - this, along with the Turkey stuff, are simply lies.

Really ??

The £4300 is based on a household income of £78k - does your household bring that in ? Many, many don't. Given the average wage is around £28k why not base it on that ? Answer - because it's not as scary.

That figure is based on GDP in 2030 yet it uses the number of households now. Why ? Because it makes the figure more scary.

As for the Turkey thing, well Cameron has stated publicly he would support Turkey's bid to join.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Really ??

The £4300 is based on a household income of £78k - does your household bring that in ? Many, many don't. Given the average wage is around £28k why not base it on that ? Answer - because it's not as scary.

That figure is based on GDP in 2030 yet it uses the number of households now. Why ? Because it makes the figure more scary.

As for the Turkey thing, well Cameron has stated publicly he would support Turkey's bid to join.

This is all these figures are , either completely spurious or worst worst case scenarios.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Really ??

Good post.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here