Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup happy to be out of it?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Never happy for The Albion to loose any game, though considering our league position, injuries and the need for certain players to be rested this is the least disappointed I have ever been for us to lose........and that includes friendlies
This afternoon was the most relaxed I have been all season, and yet still managed to get angry, even though, on balance, I feel that it is best this year that we have just the one priority.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never want to lose a game, felt odd not wanting an equaliser though

I presume the team are staying up t'north for the Rotherham game?

I wouldnt think so fly home this evening have tomorrow off for R & R then train Monday am travel up pm, .possibly flying again. On their flying do they use schedule flights or a charter from an airline charter company ;like David Golds runs at Biggin Hill.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Who's unhinged?

If he went there to lose then Hughton is a bloody fool-not to mention being disrespectful to the travelling support. Losing becomes a habit as does failing to score in nearly 500 minutes of football.

I say again check the team sheet! :mad:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never want to lose a game, felt odd not wanting an equaliser though

I presume the team are staying up t'north for the Rotherham game?

I doubt the majority of the players there today, will be in Tuesday's team. It will have been useful for Hughton to see just who is capable of stepping into the first team if necessary. He'll now know who to release at the end of the season, if he can't shift them in this window.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously never like losing but I think a draw could possibly have been worse in our current position.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Thank the Lord thats over. Time to concentrate on thge league. The club should refund those who made the long trip north and back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not at all happy. It's a shame we didn't really bother today.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
At least I don't have to take any more annual leave to get time off. Took today off "just in case", didn't fancy Hull away. Ended up watching Hastings lose 2-3 at home.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Would you agree with OP that we actually have a small squad ? Or, does it just seem that way because we have had so many long term injuries ? Tony is probably paying more players than he had expected to.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, I'm not happy. I love a good cup run, and I'm not happy when we lose.

And yes, I know all the tactical arguments about concentrating on the league and all that, and accept the logic - but I'm still upset that we've been unceremoniously dumped out of the cup. Bad fan? No, just a fan that would have liked a bit of cup glory AS WELL AS success in the league.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don't get this "Let's concentrate on the League" attitude. I reckon we are safe this year from the drop and should start resting the players now. Then we will be ready for a decent challenge next season..................

Cos we're going up, to not try in the cup, GOSBS

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, I'm not happy. I love a good cup run, and I'm not happy when we lose.

And yes, I know all the tactical arguments about concentrating on the league and all that, and accept the logic - but I'm still upset that we've been unceremoniously dumped out of the cup. Bad fan? No, just a fan that would have liked a bit of cup glory AS WELL AS success in the league.

Long may the realities of the real world pass you, and others, by. This is what happens when you're well placed for a chance to get promoted to a league which will generate you more than £100million.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Long may the realities of the real world pass you, and others, by. This is what happens when you're well placed for a chance to get promoted to a league which will generate you more than £100million.

"And yes, I know all the tactical arguments about concentrating on the league and all that, and accept the logic" - Geez, can't you read and comprehend the whole of a post, not just a bit of it? What bit of the real world has passed me by?

ffs :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here