Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Miller Bolanos

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His amazing goalscoring record in the world renowned Ecuadorian league.

Still concerned about this one £7m for an unproven striker. Too much of a gamble I think.

....unless you're a gambler who is willing and can afford to take a punt given the potential upside......

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
....unless you're a gambler who is willing and can afford to take a punt given the potential upside......
Genuine question.... Has there ever been a striker who has scored big numbers in the Ecuadorian league (only) and then gone straight to Europe and recreated that?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Genuine question.... Has there ever been a striker who has scored big numbers in the Ecuadorian league (only) and then gone straight to Europe and recreated that?

Emer Valencia is the only comparable player. Think played for same club also. He'd smash the championship.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Can't think of one but there's always a first time
Valencia looks good but it'd be hard to say he's done more than "okay"
Chucho Benitez had a very average season with Birmingham about 5 years ago then went to Mexico and started slamming goals in again.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I know a lot of hammers fans and the general response is that Valencia is woeful and a complete waste of money for 12 million ..... I think he's scored about 3 in 30 after scoring shed loads in equador

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I know a lot of hammers fans and the general response is that Valencia is woeful and a complete waste of money for 12 million ..... I think he's scored about 3 in 30 after scoring shed loads in equador

He scored 27 in 130 for the same club, hardly shed loads. All West Ham fans I know (a lot, consider my whole school supported them) say he is quality.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
His amazing goalscoring record in the world renowned Ecuadorian league.

Still concerned about this one £7m for an unproven striker. Too much of a gamble I think.

He's scored 6 goals in 12 international matches. Or are you saying Argentina and Mexico are shite too?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
From Twitter:

Meia Miller Bolanos (25) que atua pelo Emelec esta viajando pra acertar com Corinthians

Translates to:

Half Miller Bolanos (25) who plays for Emelec that traveling to settle with Corinthians

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From Twitter:

Meia Miller Bolanos (25) que atua pelo Emelec esta viajando pra acertar com Corinthians

Translates to:

Half Miller Bolanos (25) who plays for Emelec that traveling to settle with Corinthians
But WHO on twitter...?!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
From Twitter:

Translates to:

Half
Miller Bolanos (25) who plays for Emelec that traveling to settle with Corinthians

Hope it's the bottom half unless they plan to play him in goal?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's scored 6 goals in 12 international matches. Or are you saying Argentina and Mexico are shite too?
Again Valencia has a 13 goal in 22 record for equador....

I dunno just think 7m sounds too much for me for an unproven player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some Canadian sports broadcaster yesteray 'confirmed' that he was DEFINITELY signing for Vancouver Whitecaps :shrug:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Again Valencia has a 13 goal in 22 record for equador....

I dunno just think 7m sounds too much for me for an unproven player.

It would be a gamble but I am sure the club scouts will have watched him many times to consider breaking our previous transfer record by over double. If we want a top striker in this division we will have to pay £15mil or take a risk on a player like this.

Looks like he's going elsewhere anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here