Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brett mendoza Grand Central bar

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just to clarify I didn't start this thread, didn't know this thread was in existence til a couple of days ago and only just got round to reading it now.

Yes I have a new job at this pub. I decided me and pubs is a good mix and that eventually one day I want my own. So I got my license and this is the first step on hopefully a great journey for the foreseeable future. I am not the manager, never said I was either. Official job title is Support Manager, I will then go on a few Fullers courses/exams to progress up the ladder. I help run the pub, the bar and garden is my project so all feedback is welcome. Been mostly positive so far from those that have been. Ive been doing the social media too.
There's another team in charge of the Nightingale Room upstairs which is a dedicated gin bar and cabaret room.

We will be open on match days, but at the moment the policy is home fans only. We won't have TV's so there will be no Soccer AM, lunch time kick offs to view. On the plus side you can have a fry up with your beer.

I like the pub is being talked about, it's very different to how it was before the Fullers refurb, but taking stuff from my facebook, putting it on here then judging me and my friends is a bit odd though. Especially as none of us post on here.

You're all welcome to come and drink/eat there, some will like it, some will hate it, such is life. It's my job, I like it here, I think it's a great addition to the great pub scene of Brighton.

Cheers x

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just to clarify I didn't start this thread, didn't know this thread was in existence til a couple of days ago and only just got round to reading it now.

Yes I have a new job at this pub. I decided me and pubs is a good mix and that eventually one day I want my own. So I got my license and this is the first step on hopefully a great journey for the foreseeable future. I am not the manager, never said I was either. Official job title is Support Manager, I will then go on a few Fullers courses/exams to progress up the ladder. I help run the pub, the bar and garden is my project so all feedback is welcome. Been mostly positive so far from those that have been. Ive been doing the social media too.
There's another team in charge of the Nightingale Room upstairs which is a dedicated gin bar and cabaret room.

We will be open on match days, but at the moment the policy is home fans only. We won't have TV's so there will be no Soccer AM, lunch time kick offs to view. On the plus side you can have a fry up with your beer.

I like the pub is being talked about, it's very different to how it was before the Fullers refurb, but taking stuff from my facebook, putting it on here then judging me and my friends is a bit odd though. Especially as none of us post on here.

You're all welcome to come and drink/eat there, some will like it, some will hate it, such is life. It's my job, I like it here, I think it's a great addition to the great pub scene of Brighton.

Cheers x

Sounds good. Is the tv situation likely to change on match days ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cheers x

Fair enough. I'll pay a visit when I'm next in town. And good luck with this particular venture and your future plans.

PS I like your no-tv policy....it's nice to have such pubs as an alternative to the many which do have tvs.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Cheers x

Good luck etc

Just out of interest, why no Sky? Is the cost as high for pubs as has been reported?

It will never make or break my decision of a pub (unless a big game is on) I am just interested!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Grand Central was always good if you could get a seat on the terrace, a middling pub otherwise. It has some very good pubs surrounding it, where in Brighton doesn't? But it holds it's own, just about. Good luck I say, I'll be popping in later to check it out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Cheers x

Best of luck with the bar, and ongoing career.

It's pretty poor that your facebook content has been posted.

On the plus side this thread has also given us the gem of post #21.

I'm sure from what I read this place will be a success.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
Never any harm intended ,but yes its put the bar on the map.. ������������

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No telly? Next he'll be saying they don't put on strippers on a Sunday lunchtime.

Well, they've just had a burlesque show.

Just paid a visit. I really like it. Theatre and gin bar look great. Nice airy main bar and a decent selection of beers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here