What's the worst injury you've ever had?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry but just a lame broken toe is the worst I've got to offer, after a somewhat crunching five-a-side tackle. Other than that I've been lucky.:thumbsup:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Never been that badly injured - had a bastard great wooden door fall onto my shoulder the other night. That quite hurt.

Nothing gruesome though.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Broken Left Collarbone...snapped clean off the shoulder bone after a cycling incident...

...OK it was a Sunday all day drinking session, got completley mullered on Stella and decided to ride my bike home, subsequently fell off - going up hill - woke up lying on a drain with people all around me, tried to get up but my left arm would'nt move. Had it fixed in hospital 18months, does'nt hurt anymore, can swim & play footie on pitch and in goal OK although everynow and again it gets tired before the rest of my body does so I have to rest it in the pub for abit :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Scalded my entire left arm when I was a baby. I will have the scar for life.

Broke Bone in my left Elbow when playing rounders a few years ago. I fell on my elbow making a catch. Still can't fully straighten my left arm!

Ripped a tendon in my left hand trying to open a jar with a very sharp knife at a barby 3 years ago. Despite an Operation I still can't bend the index finger on my left finger.

With all of the above, I'm lucky that I'm right handed!!!:ohmy:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've broken both Collar bones, the right one twice. Twice while playing football once during a Judo competition.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Spiral fracture to the left leg, came off my bmx doing a demo 19 years ago back in the glory days when I was a sponsored rider :smokin:

Haven't been on a vert ramp since, I had the wost 4 months of my life to date after that !! shudder !!

though I have smashed pretty much every thing else since than as well, colapsed lungs are NO fun either.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I dislocated my shoulder putting my cardigan on at school once... and also rolling over in bed...

I know its not spectacular but it hurt :ohmy:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Worst injury I ever had was a suspected fractured ankle (suspected 'cos I never went to see a Doctor 'cos I was an idiot!! ). I was playing in goal in a charity match at college, when I came out to gather a loose ball at the same time as a defender and a forward......, there was a LOUD crack...., and then I was lame for about a month, and I still can't run or stand on it for long periods without it giving me gip the next day!!!

:dunce:

However the most spectacular injury I know of happened to one of the Rugby Union boys at my University. We were having the trials on our playing fields, I was away with the football lads busy collecting subs 'cos I was Treasurer at that time. Well, this fella was trying out for the Rugby team, and you know, it's a contact sport, there's a lot of grappling and studs flying around. This guy got caught......, down there. Badly. His scrotum was ripped open and low and behold one of his testicles popped out. I'm very glad I didn't actually see this injury up close, but I was proud to join in the chorus of 'Get your Nads out for the Boys!' when he went up to get his deserved 'Injury of the Season' award at the Athletic Union dinner at the end of the second semester!!!

Owwww!!!

:ohmy:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
When I was younger, was riding a small scooter along, lost me balance and headbutted this big concrete flower pot, surprisingly, despite all the blood spurting out, it didnt hurt that much, stitches for about a week afterwards :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Walking home from Legends of the Dark Black pilled up on an evening at about 3am. Some **** decided to punch me halfway down the stairs that go up from the promenade to street level by the Honey Club, landed at the bottom on my head, tried to stand which the two geezers took offence to and recieved a pretty bad shoeing. Face like a balloon and loadsa stitches in my head. Could hear the nurses talking about me worrying whether they could actually stitch my head up or not because of the way it had split, two gashes had been made criss-crossing eachother so now i have a scare that looks like a T in my head which you can all see next week.

SOCO came round the next morning to take pictures of my head and said they had heard about the incident and might f*** over the Zap bouncers who really should have chucked the twat out earlier for smacking another kid.
2 weeks later the bouncers were all fired for various offences.

The guys never got found but i got to look in the mugshots book and half of my mates (and me) were in there for possession of a banned substance, had a chuckle with the policemen about that one.

If you ever come across PC Costello say hello and thank him, he's a right geeeez.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Strained the medial ligaments in my left knee. That bloody hurt, for absolutely ages. No surgery just rest it. It was years before it stopped re-occuring.

Broke my nose at the Gloucester one night, but hey, haven't we all??

:drink:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Gritt23 said:
Strained the medial ligaments in my left knee. That bloody hurt, for absolutely ages. No surgery just rest it. It was years before it stopped re-occuring.

Broke my nose at the Gloucester one night, but hey, haven't we all??

:drink:

Ive got that right now in my right knee, from a snowboarding accident, its such a lame injury coz rest is the only thing that fixes it + a bit of physio and it hurts for ages !!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Broken arm/elbow: playing indoor football in cricket nets (at Owzat! in Lancing for anyone who remembers those days). Lunged to block a shot and some fingers got caught in the net. My body weight was going the wrong way, causing me to bend my arm beyond being straight. My elbow had enough and gave up the ghost.

Hyper-extended medial ligament (knee). Basketball training, going in for a lay-up. Decided to try and draw the foul from the defender as if it we were playing 'for real'. At full pelt I stood on his foot and went over. Knee ballooned to about three times it's normal size and I was as good as a cripple for a while. Even missed a few games at Gillingham as a result. Never been the same since and can give way with no notice. Amusing to see, painful for me!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Italiaseagull kicked me in the shins during the 1st half of a football match thus making me want to get him back so in the 2nd half in i go with a two footed tackle but i missed the bastard and caught my studs in the ground and *bust* went my cruciate ligaments, then the stupid fucknut decided to fall on my leg!
lol :nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow - more medial ligament freaks like me.

It can go at any time. Throw a stick for the dog on the downs - pop - out my knee goes and I collapse.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Trigger said:
Italiaseagull kicked me in the shins during the 1st half of a football match thus making me want to get him back so in the 2nd half in i go with a two footed tackle but i missed the bastard and caught my studs in the ground and *bust* went my cruciate ligaments, then the stupid fucknut decided to fall on my leg!
lol :nono:

You got a can of Tango, a Vimto and Appletise out of it though! :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You have had it lucky:lolol:

I was playing cricket at Lindfield, I hit a ball and set off for a run, I felt a sharp pain in my lower leg and "crack" my achilles tendon snapped. I was in plaster for 6 months, I couldn't drive for 9 months and could not play any sport for over a year.

I still get jip from that leg and ripped my hamstring in the same leg a few years after which resulted in a bruise that went from the middle of my bottom to the tip of my big toes.

:(

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Ruptured ankle ligaments after falling down the stairs while leaving the pub at closing time on Friday night.

Have learnt my lesson - I never use pubs with stairs these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports