Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong and Some of Our Fans

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
True but has he ever assisted, scored or stopped a certain goal? No. Has he scored Murrays goals? No. Has he scored the winner against Newcastle and assisted one against West Ham (Kayal) completely off his own pressing and crossing? No. Has he scored against Palace (Balogen)? No. Has he scored against Man Utd away and had 4 assists (Gross)? No. Has he scored three and had 2 assists while making an incredible number of blocks and clearences (Duffy)?. No. They contribute in key areas which give us POINTS. They have made the difference. I know it's harder from full back but Bong makes up the numbers. Hes by no means the worse LB in the league but he has and will costs us more points than any of his play will gain. I hope and think he will do well in the cup next week but really want Bernardo back.

Has Bong slept with your missus? Yes.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I think part of the problem is the way we set up in defence. When we drop back, the fullbacks come in tighter to the CBs and then our wingers are expected to fall back and replace them, to form a back 6.
This is OK when it happens but if our winger is still up-field and the fullback come in, the opposition winger then has the freedom to roam in the final third and put the crosses etc in.

It's not just Bong who is caught out like this, it happens to them all, even Bruno. It's up to our fullbacks to read the situation as it happens and be ready to defend out wide and not just assume the winger will be there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
True but has he ever assisted, scored or stopped a certain goal? No. Has he scored Murrays goals? No. Has he scored the winner against Newcastle and assisted one against West Ham (Kayal) completely off his own pressing and crossing? No. Has he scored against Palace (Balogen)? No. Has he scored against Man Utd away and had 4 assists (Gross)? No. Has he scored three and had 2 assists while making an incredible number of blocks and clearences (Duffy)?. No. They contribute in key areas which give us POINTS. They have made the difference. I know it's harder from full back but Bong makes up the numbers. Hes by no means the worse LB in the league but he has and will costs us more points than any of his play will gain. I hope and think he will do well in the cup next week but really want Bernardo back.

With out stating the bleeding obvious we are aware of this, the point I made at the start of this thread was the disgraceful behaviour of a few utter morons chanting Bong is shit throughout the game Saturday until it got inevitably kicked off

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With out stating the bleeding obvious we are aware of this, the point I made at the start of this thread was the disgraceful behaviour of a few utter morons chanting Bong is shit throughout the game Saturday until it got inevitably kicked off

I'm certainly no fan of Bong but there is no way I'd condone chanting throughout a game against one of our own players.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Google is telling me he's assisted six goals in his time here :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t see Bong as an exceptional PL full back with barely a fault in his game (who is?), but I’m genuinely surprised at the animosity towards him. It seems unfair and quite spiteful. Fuelled at matches by ********s on the beers, possibly.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
One of the biggest negatives of getting to the PL is the expectations and behaviour of some of our “newer” fans. I wonder what they would have said about Ashley Neal, Mark Farringdon, Richard Tiltman and Stafford Browne, to name a few.

Pathetic isn't it?

I noticed it more and more as we look liked going up from the Championship. Away at Barnsley there was a group of lads that gave Baldock abuse all game. According to them he was a "mug" and "shit" but still went on to score two decent goals. But I think they'd put so much gear up their nose they would probably say anything if it mean making a noise for the sake of it.

Total plebs that think the "footy is their church". Grow up or get lost or, ideally, do both.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As much as I love the Albion being surrounded by f.cking moaning morons every week is ruining it for me. I could quite easily deck the prick behind me who has a melt down every time we give the ball away. If we crashed down the leagues again fact they won’t be there so in my book don’t support the club.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pathetic isn't it?

I noticed it more and more as we look liked going up from the Championship. Away at Barnsley there was a group of lads that gave Baldock abuse all game. According to them he was a "mug" and "shit" but still went on to score two decent goals. But I think they'd put so much gear up their nose they would probably say anything if it mean making a noise for the sake of it.

Total plebs that think the "footy is their church". Grow up or get lost or, ideally, do both.

Sadly, I think you are right.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pathetic isn't it?

I know Chelsea fans that can’t stand the type of fan they have attracted since the money came in. Good lads that don’t go anymore and are praying it all goes tits up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As much as I love the Albion being surrounded by f.cking moaning morons every week is ruining it for me. I could quite easily deck the prick behind me who has a melt down every time we give the ball away. If we crashed down the leagues again fact they won’t be there so in my book don’t support the club.

The Fella behind me has a tendency to scream "f**king hell lino"...

We're in the family stand, every week we tell him to wind it in, every week he sincerely apologises then the cycle begins again, at the next game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Something about large group mentality seems to mean you have to have a scapegoat. I don't know why this is but you see it time, and time, and time again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Something about large group mentality seems to mean you have to have a scapegoat. I don't know why this is but you see it time, and time, and time again.

There’s a leader (or big mouth) in any group who picks on one player and all the other muppets (who don’t have their own thoughts or opinions) follow suit. Soon the group are trying to “out abuse” the poor victim, thinking it makes them look hard.

Drugs don’t help either

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There’s a leader (or big mouth) in any group who picks on one player and all the other muppets (who don’t have their own thoughts or opinions) follow suit. Soon the group are trying to “out abuse” the poor victim, thinking it makes them look hard.

Drugs don’t help either

I mean in a broader sense also, though. Something that's beyond an agreement of not being a decent player, to actually being to blame for all sorts.

Brighton - Dean Hammond, Ashley Barnes, Sam Baldock, Solly March, Gaetan Bong.

England - Emile Heskey, Owen Hargreaves (earlier games), James Milner, Raheem Sterling.

Even when winning people still have to have someone to hate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I mean in a broader sense also, though. Something that's beyond an agreement of not being a decent player, to actually being to blame for all sorts.

England - Emile Heskey, Owen Hargreaves (earlier games), James Milner, Raheem Sterling.

We sat in ESL for a couple of matches about 3 years ago, where a vociferous group detested Hemed with a passion. Apparently he was fat and a shit striker. Ironically, he then scored a vital goal or two in one of the matches. The knobs shut the feck up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Abusing Codnor during a minutes silence wasn't 'our' finest hour.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
This season for me has been the worst for bad behaviour I've seen for a long time, coin throwing (that hit our own fans), quite a bit of racism, our own fans arguing and being rude barging each other, fans not moving for elderly fans, had some dickhead Tommy Robinson fans singing EDL shite on the train as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here