Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protection for MP,s

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You seem to be obsessed with my business. You seem to think everything is huge scale. We brought from aboard and imported ourselves. The manufacturer then saw there was a huge demand for their product in the UK, and is supplying it from the UK directly now. The last import we had that we controlled was in December. We used the UK branch since September, with full use from this month without any importing directly ourselves. Why try and find a hole in it. Yes, I imported a lot. I buy from a manufactor who produces in China and sells from their own distribution centres in the UK now.

You see, a business such as this that moves from offshore to the UK whilst the whole Brexit thing is up in the air, with no-one knowing what is going to happen (your words, not mine!) is exactly the sort of thing pro-Brexiteers should be shouting about. This is the type of good news story that some of the remoaners have been asking about for months. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned it before. Still, here's your chance.

Nope. We no longer import that much now as from 1st January, as we have a UK based supplier for most stock, and whilst I know they will have to pay the import duties, I am not in the slightest bit worried,

And taking the hit on import duties and any increase in duties, which even if they aren't huge would still be a good few quid on the $1M pa you pay, let alone their other customers. They are certainly better than any suppliers I have ever used over the years. If I found someone like this I would think it was almost too good to be true.

I'll let this thread get back to protection for MPs :bigwave:

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I know. And so it begins.

What next then? They will complain we are not ready for a no deal, so we won't be able to leave, or we will have to accept the crap deal we have got, either way leaving the country in a weaked state.

I don't really understand what remainers think will happen if Brexit is overturned.

Do they think it will go away, and we will carry on as before?

I worry that is what most people, including a lot on here will think will happen.

I honestly think if Brexit is overturned, then the move to the far right is something that will happen at an alarming rate, and I fear for this country.

I think the far right will become very powerful in this country, and I don't any of us want to see that.

The remainers are a vocal few IMO. If they get what they want, then I think it will change this country for the worse, forever.

I think remainers really need to worry about what they wish for on this issue.

It is rather ironic to see the people whose vacuous, abusive, undemocratic, integrity-free arguments which are a godsend to the far right and other extremists then complaining about a rise in their activities.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
There’s no getting through to you is there? In the last page and a half you have called posters cretins and pricks. Any clue there at all do you think?

Nope, not a mod so I’ll leave the subject now. Shame you don’t listen to anyone, you could learn a thing or two.

Err, I think you will find it was someone who called me a prick, and I merely returned the compliment, and I will think you will find in the other thread, I have been called far worse by the person I aimed the cretin line at before any name calling ever started.

So I called two posters names when provoked, which is not quite the same as the picture you have tried to paint.

So if I was banned for abuse, which I don't think for one second I was, then it needs to work both ways wouldn't you think?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You see, a business such as this that moves from offshore to the UK whilst the whole Brexit thing is up in the air, with no-one knowing what is going to happen (your words, not mine!) is exactly the sort of thing pro-Brexiteers should be shouting about. This is the type of good news story that some of the remoaners have been asking about for months. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned it before. Still, here's your chance.

And taking the hit on import duties and any increase in duties, which even if they aren't huge would still be a good few quid on the $1M pa you pay, let alone their other customers. They are certainly better than any suppliers I have ever used over the years. If I found someone like this I would think it was almost too good to be true.

I'll let this thread get back to protection for MPs :bigwave:

You are obsessed with the fact someone might import around $1 million of goods a year, and not be in meltdown over Brexit!!! I would so love to show you the books to prove you completely wrong!!! If only you knew!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Err, I think you will find it was someone who called me a prick, and I merely returned the compliment, and I will think you will find in the other thread, I have been called far worse by the person I aimed the cretin line at before any name calling ever started.

So I called two posters names when provoked, which is not quite the same as the picture you have tried to paint.

So if I was banned for abuse, which I don't think for one second I was, then it needs to work both ways wouldn't you think?

Whatever. You’re a bore. Maybe that’s why you were banned.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You are obsessed with the fact someone might import around $1 million of goods a year, and not be in meltdown over Brexit!!! I would so love to show you the books to prove you completely wrong!!! If only you knew!!

But when I asked why you didn't know about the import duties you paid on your $1M pa imports, It was then that you suddenly remembered that you didn't have any imports, which is what kicked this all off.

You're either totally incompetent or bullshitting, but I really can't be arsed to try and guess which :bigwave:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe don’t be a prick?

Very difficult when you are surrounded by pricks, chipping in with un-witty one word answers.... present company included, as you have just beautifully demonstrated!

I think you’ll find, syntactically, it’s a 5 word answer I have “beautifully demonstrated.”

Thick is one though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

It's alright he hates anything like this. My Brother in law runs a company which had a turnover of around 7m employing 30 people. He also said Brexit won't affect the business but I was called a liar as he knew Brexit will ruin it which seems odd when most of the trade is with America and the far east and our own NHS.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
But when I asked why you didn't know about the import duties you paid on your $1M pa imports, It was then that you suddenly remembered that you didn't have any imports, which is what kicked this all off.

You're either totally incompetent or bullshitting, but I really can't be arsed to try and guess which :bigwave:
What are you on about?? Okay I am bullshitting. What kicked it off is you only answer parts of discussions.

You do it all the time to everyone. Wind them up, and they make valid argumentsand you ignore them, chossing to focus on a pointless issues, just as you have here. What does it matter what the import duties I pay are. I don't believe it will change. For the record most of what was brought in was mainly codes that was set at 0% duty. A few other bits that "category" couldn't be justified on was around 3.9% from memory. Both mean nothing as we no longer import direct, and company who import who are a huge company nearly everyone will know, take care of it, and I am not concerned what it will change to after Brexit, because I do not believe anything will change, which is my point. You think we will go into meltdown, I think at the last possible moment we will sign a temp deal to carry on as we are. (It may be sooner as soon as its obvious we are heading for a no deal brexit) And before you wonder why and try and dig a hole as to why a huge multi-billion company we deal with never had a UK presence before, they did, they always have, just not the particular brand we supply.

The problem I have with you, is as I say you continually ignore what people try and discuss to you (not just me, the Brexit thread is littered with examples). Yes you know WTO, trade laws inside out. Well done. We get it. You are very clever. Good for you chap!

There are probably people who know aviation laws inside out, and are as set against Brexit as you are, who would claim everything will change after Brexit and anyone who dares question them know nothing and are a bit thick.

But the point is, if we do not continuing trading as we are after Brexit, whether we have a deal or not, everyone suffers, not just us.

So where the aviation industry made new rules to keep British planes in the air (because it is in EVERYONE'S interests that they do) I believe the EU and WTO will do exactly the same with trade, because it is not in their members interests not to. They may move very late in the game, but IMO move they will.

Now, no doubt you will wave goodbye again, and probably obsess over whether or not I did or do import $1m of goods a year, and try and act all knowing about WTO laws, and no doubt you do. But one thing I know for certain, you don't what will happen in the next 2 and half months leading up to Brexit and how we will trade after it. Unless you are the ones negotiating the deals, It is all guess work and opinion, BUT in MY opinion, not stating its a fact, its AN OPINION, nothing will change, because its in too many peoples interests not to. You don't agree with that. Fine. Time will tell. Either way I really do not care, as I think this country will thrive outside the EU, and that may be after a very difficult period, it may not, no one knows, its about opinion. Try not to keep being an ar*e to anyone who doesn't share yours.

Oh, and all MP's should carry a dog for protection (just to keep on thread for those little darlings who all in a tither because a post within a thread may not be on topic)

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think you’ll find, syntactically, it’s a 5 word answer I have “beautifully demonstrated.”

Thick is one though.

yer well done, I actually meant to say one line answer, but lets make an big issue out nothing. Well done.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
It's alright he hates anything like this. My Brother in law runs a company which had a turnover of around 7m employing 30 people. He also said Brexit won't affect the business but I was called a liar as he knew Brexit will ruin it which seems odd when most of the trade is with America and the far east and our own NHS.

Thank you. I think he is a failed business man, who spends most of his days on here trying to put down anyone with a different view to him.

I honestly believe with a no deal Brexit, the average man in the street will see hardly anything change in the short term.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Whatever. You’re a bore. Maybe that’s why you were banned.

Possibly. But unlikely, as if that was the case, you'd been kicked on the entire site months ago.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the drift off topic and into a quasi Brexit thread, isn't it time this one was merged with the main Brexit thread ?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Given the drift off topic and into a quasi Brexit thread, isn't it time this one was merged with the main Brexit thread ?

No. Plenty of chat about MPs protection here.

Maybe they should all carry AK-47s? Discuss.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
someone asked if the police were at least partly to blame ......i have to say i think they are , they stand idly by whilst two sides of numerous arguments abuse and deride each other ,they stand idly by every weekend whilst drunken people hurl abuse at each other and them (the police) actions that 25 years ago would see you in the back of a paddy wagon with a thick lip , on your way to the station for your court date ........this has all started with the " free speech brigade" noticeably the likes of choudry , robinson etc. and their off siders with their insightful placards , hurling abuse at each other whilst the OB stand idly by ....it has been said if they arrested people for such miss demeanours then there would never be anyone on the streets to carry on policing and that public order offences are becoming harder and harder to get charged for .
However , certain sections of the community can hurl abuse at each other but when a pro EU politician is given a bit of stick then she cries for police protection......as long as there was no physical contact i saw suck it up and get on with it......politics is all about words and words never hurt anyone .....apparently,although that obviously isn't strictly the case .

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
no you do not deserve harassment. its appaling attitude that is really setting the poor tone in the country. discuss and debate, not harass, insult and threaten.

Agree they don't deserve harassment or intimidation but anyone seeking to ignore or circumvent democracy should be prepared for some very strong views heading their way.

Also amusing to see at least half a dozen thumbers on your comments are quite free with the insults when it suits. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here