Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's a ''Token Gesture''

One fan ? Is that it ?

I wasn't at the game and don't know how bad it got but one fan doesn't generate his vocals around the whole Ground. I suppose it's a start at sending out a particular message regarding racism within football but it seems they have no interest in whole scale bans as a deterrent but merely finding a ''scapegoat''. So for me it doesn't go far enough.

One fan was reported for being racist and subsequently banned. You seem to want all the fans who booed to be punished which is a very slippery road.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
No indication at the moment at what game it was or if anyone is begin charged.

The info on the link is very vague, but to receive the FBO the fan must either have been charged with an offence (likely use of racist words or behaviour or words to that effect - not sure what the actual charge is called) OR been taken to Civil Court by the police - which I doubt they would bother with for one incident.

The fact they have kept it vague and not specified which fixture makes me strongly suspect it was the match with us. Burnley FC will be very wary of this whole affair being brought up again after the shit storm that went down before.

Interesting that they have also NOT named the fan, or imposed their own club ban on top of the FBO - something our club love to do whenever any of ours are banned.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One fan was reported for being racist and subsequently banned. You seem to want all the fans who booed to be punished which is a very slippery road.

If you are telling me that only one fan in the ground was racist that day then I would contradict you.

No I don't want everyone who booed banned but a fuller investigation would have been better received by me. The Club received a complaint from Brighton on the matter. They know it won't go away unless something is done so they look around and as soon as they find someone they target him and ban him and that makes it go away until the next time it happens.

I am fully aware that these things are difficult to police but this is as I said a ''Token Gesture'' to sweep it under the carpet for a while again. That's how I feel on the subject and I can't help that. I know that most Burnley fans are decent fans but Burnley play ''lip service'' to the issue. The Police and Brighton instigated this and not Burnley.

You watch when Millwall act against Racist complaints. They throw loads on Manpower into conducting enquiries and they do take it seriously because they have had to. People can slag Millwall off as much as they like but on these issues they tackle them head on when they arise now.

We are going into a World Cup in Russia where we are almost demanding that they tackle racism amongst their fans but conversely we can't even tackle it properly in our own country when it arises at most clubs.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If you are telling me that only one fan in the ground was racist that day then I would contradict you.

No I don't want everyone who booed banned but a fuller investigation would have been better received by me. The Club received a complaint from Brighton on the matter. They know it won't go away unless something is done so they look around and as soon as they find someone they target him and ban him and that makes it go away until the next time it happens.

I am fully aware that these things are difficult to police but this is as I said a ''Token Gesture'' to sweep it under the carpet for a while again. That's how I feel on the subject and I can't help that. I know that most Burnley fans are decent fans but Burnley play ''lip service'' to the issue. The Police and Brighton instigated this and not Burnley.

You watch when Millwall act against Racist complaints. They throw loads on Manpower into conducting enquiries and they do take it seriously because they have had to. People can slag Millwall off as much as they like but on these issues they tackle them head on when they arise now.

We are going into a World Cup in Russia where we are almost demanding that they tackle racism amongst their fans but conversely we can't even tackle it properly in our own country when it arises at most clubs.

I have no idea how many people were openly racist during that match but unless people take a stand and report their fellow fans, there is very little that can be done about it assuming that it is only individuals.

We have had people reporting racism at the Amex on here yet not reporting it to the club, unless people come forward I don't know what you expect clubs to do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have no idea how many people were openly racist during that match but unless people take a stand and report their fellow fans, there is very little that can be done about it assuming that it is only individuals.

We have had people reporting racism at the Amex on here yet not reporting it to the club, unless people come forward I don't know what you expect clubs to do.

Agreed. [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] is wrong on this.

One fan reported = one fan identified = one fan banned. What more can they do?

It is also largely a deterrent. They've only banned one, but they've served notice to the entire crowd that if they are dumb enough to join in, they just might be the 'unlucky' one next time.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agreed. [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] is wrong on this.

One fan reported = one fan identified = one fan banned. What more can they do?

It is also largely a deterrent. They've only banned one, but they've served notice to the entire crowd that if they are dumb enough to join in, they just might be the 'unlucky' one next time.

Brighton made the complaint............................It wasn't a complaint against ''one fan'' - We complained that it was ''widespread'' throughout the ground.

I am fully aware you can never identify all perpetrators. I just want fuller investigations the way that Millwall do. They throw about 6 - 8 people into reviewing TV footage all around the ground for a 4 or 5 day period when complaints are made

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Brighton made the complaint............................It wasn't a complaint against ''one fan'' - We complained that it was ''widespread'' throughout the ground.

I am fully aware you can never identify all perpetrators. I just want fuller investigations the way that Millwall do. They throw about 6 - 8 people into reviewing TV footage all around the ground for a 4 or 5 day period when complaints are made

Burnley FC clearly want this whole affair swept under the rug and forgotten as quickly as possible, especially if they are looking to sign Rodriguez. I am surprised they have even bothered to publish the brief details of this ban on their website. There is no chance they will want to investigate what went on that day and bring even more condemnation on their club. It's the biggest head in the sand job I've ever seen.

theboybilly

Well said

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Burnley FC clearly want this whole affair swept under the rug and forgotten as quickly as possible, especially if they are looking to sign Rodriguez. I am surprised they have even bothered to publish the brief details of this ban on their website. There is no chance they will want to investigate what went on that day and bring even more condemnation on their club. It's the biggest head in the sand job I've ever seen.

If Burnley FC don't want to be labelled as the "racist fans" club, trying to recruit Rodriguez seems a very odd way to go about it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here