Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton player refuses to sign autographs for children

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
Which Brighton player has complained to the head of his children's school that other children keep asking for his autograph resulting in a whole of school assembly where the children were told not to approach him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably Calde you know what he's like. :rolleyes:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Why does it matter, why should a player be hassled when taking their kids to.school, they're entitled to a private life too

Feb 14, 2010
Very pleased if he did. Children need to learn to speak when they are spoken to. Why on earth people let their children impose themselves on adults these days I have no idea. Children need to learn that the world does not revolve around them. I do hope that any child who did not do what they were told and approached the adult when told not to was told off for it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To me this appears that he doesnt want the children being pestered at school rather than as it has been posted he doesnt want to sign them.

This seems quite reasonable to me, if they want his autograph ask him or better still get the school to arrange a signing session at some time.

Feb 14, 2010
To me this appears that he doesnt want the children being pes. tered at school rather than as it has been posted he doesnt want to sign them.

This seems quite reasonable to me, if they want his autograph ask him or better still get the school to arrange a signing session at some time.

The only thing remotely noteworthy was that the child failed to do what they were told and someone now complains when the child was put in his/her place. That is how it should be, when all this giving into children's whims started I just dont know.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But is it true...call me a cynic but under 200 posts in 9 years ...but felt the need on this one

I guess :thumbsup:
My experience is that the people who over-react most to simple requests by parents are teachers. Maybe the OP is one?
Not the publicity a community conscious club (and there are few better) wants.

Stumpy Tim

A mate of mine asked Tomasz Kuszczak for an autograph for his friend's child (who was a Man Utd fan) when he was at our school. Tomasz came to school the following week with a signed pair of gloves that he had worn when playing for Man Utd. Nice touch I thought.

I agree with [MENTION=26197]Geestar[/MENTION]. Players should sign for the kids

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very pleased if he did. Children need to learn to speak when they are spoken to. Why on earth people let their children impose themselves on adults these days I have no idea. Children need to learn that the world does not revolve around them. I do hope that any child who did not do what they were told and approached the adult when told not to was told off for it.

With all this in mind, would you consider dressing up as Santa for the Junior Eagles Christmas party?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here