Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Alfred Development - Rob Starr, Crest Nicholson, No 50m Pool

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
We should do a Thursday night v Friday night game, perhaps on a Tuesday!

That would be fun, especially as we have a nucleus of 16 people. Still, you can have a game with too many, but you can't with not enough! Anyway, I'm in!!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ill check with the others see if they are up for it and PM you my contact details. I am away for a bit tho.

Good luck getting a pitch on a mid-week evening at a push you might get 5pm but it's always fully booked. I love playing there, perfect for 6 aside.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I have always thought that but progress on the project does not support it. Keep up the 5 aside lads.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
THE long awaited development of the King Alfred is finally set to get off the ground after the Government pledge £15million funding needed to complete the project.

Brighton and Hove City Council leader Warren Morgan said: “We’re massively pleased and proud to have submitted a bid which has won the second largest single sum in the country. It speaks volumes for our commitment to providing the housing the city desperately needs, alongside a first-class leisure centre. We have achieved a very significant step forward after years of difficulty getting this project off the ground.”

The money is partof a Government pledge to build 200,000 new home

Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond, said: “Today marks the first step of the multi-billion pound investment we announced at the Budget to help build the homes our country needs.

“This fund finances vital infrastructure such as roads, schools and bridges, which will kick-start housing development in some of Britain’s highest-demand areas.

“This support will help us meet our ambitious plan of building 300,000 new homes each year and ensure we have enough housing in areas which need it most.”

Housing Secretary Sajid Javid said: “Our priority is building the homes this country desperately needs.

“This first wave of investment totalling £866 million will help get up to 200,000 homes off the ground, making a huge difference to communities across the country.

“This is just one of the many ways this government is taking action to get Britain building homes again.”

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Grrr. This makes me so angry. You don't need to build 300,00 new ****ing homes a year you just have to make existing ones affordable.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Grrr. This makes me so angry. You don't need to build 300,00 new ****ing homes a year you just have to make existing ones affordable.

Yes we do. The reason they are unaffordable is because there are not enough available for sale. We need to build hundreds of thousands of new homes, particularly at the so-called 'affordable' end of the market.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes we do. The reason they are unaffordable is because there are not enough available for sale. We need to build hundreds of thousands of new homes, particularly at the so-called 'affordable' end of the market.

Simply untrue. Making homes affordable isn't simply about slinging up new, cheap housing. It's about bringing people's skills and ability to earn more money up into line so they can afford the housing that is already there.
But that's a bigger picture that most people can't grasp.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Simply untrue. Making homes affordable isn't simply about slinging up new, cheap housing. It's about bringing people's skills and ability to earn more money up into line so they can afford the housing that is already there.
But that's a bigger picture that most people can't grasp.

That is complete and utter drivel. If people earn more, and you don't build more houses, you will simply drive prices up even higher.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That is complete and utter drivel. If people earn more, and you don't build more houses, you will simply drive prices up even higher.

Yeah yeah, this'll be a brick wall thread. I'll leave you to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

We’re are these “hundreds of thousands” of people coming from? I know we have a homeless problem but it’s not on this scale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Just as well wages are stagnating then I guess?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re are these “hundreds of thousands” of people coming from? I know we have a homeless problem but it’s not on this scale.

Millions living in substandard accomodation, with parents, B&B's, truly, homeless, split homes from family breakdowns. All political parties, housing associations and charities are in agreement that vast numbers of new homes are needed.

The only argument is where to build them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Millions living in substandard accomodation, with parents, B&B's, truly, homeless, split homes from family breakdowns. All political parties, housing associations and charities are in agreement that vast numbers of new homes are needed.

The only argument is where to build them.

I get this. But is the answer to substandard accommodation to simply build more? What then happens to the substandard stuff?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
THE long awaited development of the King Alfred is finally set to get off the ground after the Government pledge £15million funding needed to complete the project.
I was talking about this failed project this afternoon, good if it finally goes ahead. Bit ridiculous the developers could get about £10m more than they originally quoted though.

That's right up there with the dumbest things I've read on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here