Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's not a frivolous appeal, but it will be rejected and Tomer will be banned. Very poor to lose your head like that right at the end, and cost yourself your guaranteed place in the team.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
We need to concentrate on working out which midfielder we're going to try up front for three games.
Has to be Propper doesn't it??! After his goal-scoring form for the Netherlands the other week! punk:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Doesn't look bad, does look like he deliberately stepped on him, therefore I expect a ban of three games in accordance with (g) The wider interests of football in applying consistent sanctions.

Not even worth appealing then. Referees will stick rigidly to the rules and the panel of ex referees will always back them up.

Having said that, there has been some excellent refereeing so far this season.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Will we know by the end of the week?

And we all know that the FA never ever go against referees decisions wether right or wrong.

I think we've got to be thinking that we will not see Tomer for at least the next 3 or possibly 4 games.

Had it been Man U, Man C, Chelski or Arsenal, would have been a done deal, player would be in Saturday's squad.
One law for the big clubs another for the smaller ones.

No doubt the dickheads out there will pick me up on the big and small club issue, not understanding the context of the statement.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
For me :

If the ref had seen it, would have been somewhere between a yellow and a red
The panel will back the charge and won't agree the appeal because they almost never do
The appeal won't be seen as frivolous given the element of doubt being expressed
3 game ban coming
Brown up front on Sunday and will score
Orange card?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Who goes into CM with Stephens then ?

Or, how about this for a radical team selection??!!

Dunk upfront as the loan striker, with Goldson filling in at the back, or Hünemeier even? Plenty of defensive players that we can fill in with at the moment! :drink:

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Dunk upfront as the loan striker, with Goldson filling in at the back, or Hünemeier even? Plenty of defensive players that we can fill in with at the moment! :drink:

Bit early to have been drinking isn't it ?? :mad::mad::mad:

Cautious CH will just stick Murray, or if he's not fit, Brown , Izquierdo or Murphy up front and be otherwise unchanged.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Cautious CH will just stick Murray, or if he's not fit, Brown , Izquierdo or Murphy up front and be otherwise unchanged.

In that order for me too, although I think it will be Murphy if Murray isn't fit

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I genuinely don't think this "incident" would have ever been spoken about if the game wasn't in the Premier League and on Sky. The media have blown this all out of proportion.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I genuinely don't think this "incident" would have ever been spoken about if the game wasn't in the Premier League and on Sky. The media have blown this all out of proportion.

Definitely. Only game on Sunday, so the only thing the media really had to talk about. The incessant demand for EPL airtime and column inches...........................

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Indeed....interesting because if this was a legal case rather than football it would not have gone to court.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No chance he's getting off, I'm amazed we've wasted time and risked a further ban appealing it.

We need to concentrate on working out which midfielder we're going to try up front for three games.

For me :

If the ref had seen it, would have been somewhere between a yellow and a red
The panel will back the charge and won't agree the appeal because they almost never do
The appeal won't be seen as frivolous given the element of doubt being expressed
3 game ban coming
Brown up front on Sunday and will score

Has to be Propper doesn't it??! After his goal-scoring form for the Netherlands the other week! punk:

Who goes into CM with Stephens then ?

In that order for me too, although I think it will be Murphy if Murray isn't fit

There's an article in the Argus saying that it will be Brown up front on Sunday. Which is spot on in my opinion.

You never know, we may find a combination that gives us pace all across the front line that produces lots of chances and goals. My view is that Brown up front could be very good, and Izqueirdo would be a good cover for that role.

We're going to win at Arsenal!

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Radio Sussex this morning saying we will find out today.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Players score goals and run to the cameras to celebrate and the fans demand for the club to spend the TV millions on new talent.

Yet the same players then forget about the cameras when they do something wrong and the same fans complain that the TV media have highlighted it.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's an article in the Argus saying that it will be Brown up front on Sunday. Which is spot on in my opinion.

You never know, we may find a combination that gives us pace all across the front line that produces lots of chances and goals. My view is that Brown up front could be very good, and Izqueirdo would be a good cover for that role.

We're going to win at Arsenal!

Happy with Brown up front, think Arsenal CBs are more susceptible to pace than strength.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

and there was me thinking that Dunk was our player anyway!
;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here