Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton U23 v Newcastle U23 Premier League 2 Div 2 18 Sept 2017 Checkatrade.com Stadium

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton & Hove Albion's under-23s are in Premier League 2 Division 2 action tonight when they host Newcastle United at the Checkatrade.com Stadium, kick-off 7pm.

After beginning the season with back-to-back league victories over Norwich City and Fulham, defeats to Reading, MK Dons in the Checkatrade Trophy, and West Bromwich Albion have followed.

The Seagulls occupy seventh position in the league after collecting six points from their opening four games, while Newcastle sit fourth after picking up seven points in the same number of games.

Albion season-ticket holders can gain free entry for tonight’s match at Crawley, otherwise admission is priced at £5 for adults and £1 for concessions.

Albion supporters can follow a live text commentary on the Match Centre this evening, and a match report will be published after the game.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Interesting to see who is left out and probably in the squad for tomorrow.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just says live text which is 5 mins behind in reality on the matchday site , at the moment , but that does change closer to the kick off sometimes .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ahannach is playing. I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

Well, as we're in the same league as them, it seems fairly normal to me.

The bizarre bit was being in the same league as them in the first place. I'm old enough to remember the old division 3 south (ok I'm "only" 49 but I've heard of it) I think there is too much travelling involved in the lower leagues and the cost is enormous. I'm not sure it's needed at reserves/U23 level

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The bizarre bit was being in the same league as them in the first place. I'm old enough to remember the old division 3 south (ok I'm "only" 49 but I've heard of it) I think there is too much travelling involved in the lower leagues and the cost is enormous. I'm not sure it's needed at reserves/U23 level

It was often claimed, back in the 50s, our directors didn't want promotion because travel costs would be much higher in Division 2 than in Division 3 (S)! No idea how accurate that was..........

I did wonder whether back then our reserves might have played their's in the old Football Combination - but of course, that only went up as far as the midlands - the northern clubs played in the oddly named Central League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here