Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia is it all what it is made out to be ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Huge swathes are dullsville, plenty of Croydons by the Sea (which you often can't swim in because too dangerous). Like anywhere, money helps and if you're wealthy then you might enjoy Sydney. If not, it's no different to London trying to make ends meet because it's hellishly expensive. The bits I enjoyed most were the wilderness - simply no where else like on earth. But be careful of the billabongs no matter how hot it is! Had the fortune to travel this globe of ours quite a bit living overseas, yet I'm a fully paid up member of the 'there's no place quite like home' club despite England's many flaws...half a million immigrants a year can't all be wrong!! :)

Diablo

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Australia is it all what it is made out to be ?

Probably sensible to have told us....."What it is made out to be"??

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
You must have been proud The Aussies helped the real moon landings with their tracking from the Parkes Radio Telescope.
Proved science like that is wonderful

Not as proud as I am of Una Ronald from Perth. Watch from the 51 minute mark. Enjoy. (Plus learn about another iconic place called Goldstone)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I would just like to point out that in Melbourne this afternoon it's cold and grey.
Rather like a typical British Autumn day.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would just like to point out that in Melbourne this afternoon it's cold and grey.
Rather like a typical British Autumn day.

Unlike a typical British Autumn though the sun will come out tomorrow :)

All the fauna wants to kill you, and you cant run into the sea to escape them, because everything wants to kill you there as well

Had the good fortune to see these guys perform this live at the Edinburgh Festival a good many years ago.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lived / worked in Sydney for a year, during which time I had the honour of having [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] crash out on our sofa.

I loved it, the wife didn't. I was at work all day & she found the loneliness & distance really hard to cope with. If she hadn't we'd still be there.

Loved the weather, sport, wine, banter and general outdoors life. Work culture was great, yes you did overtime but everyone also went to the pub together at 4pm on a Friday.

It's quite far from European culture but I really like South East Asia and could happily holiday in Fiji over & over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the fauna wants to kill you, and you cant run into the sea to escape them, because everything wants to kill you there as well

Had the good fortune to see these guys perform this live at the Edinburgh Festival a good many years ago.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nobody likes them

Attachments

• 18447259_10211982558894790_5801490372760134982_n.jpg
    18447259_10211982558894790_5801490372760134982_n.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 160

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills