Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yet again Barber demonstrates that he does not understand football fans.

I totally understand, and agree, that it would be daft to go on the pitch after the Wigan game. But after BCFC? He has lost the plot.

I fondly remember the day we were promoted to the Championship with the announcer repeatedly saying that the players wouldn't come out for the lap of honour if we ran on the pitch. We ran on the pitch. The players came out anyway. We celebrated and had fun. Nobody died...and nobody was banned.

I would like to think that the statement from the club is because they have to be seen to be doing something. But with Barber's recent record...........I wouldn't be so sure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ridiculous from Barber. True suit lacking the feel of a real fan.

Yet again Barber demonstrates that he does not understand football fans.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He understands them a lot better than most, in his position.

The club are making a public statement that they absolutely HAVE to make. Anyone who is surprised by it is a bit simple.

Stumpy Tim

I agree with [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION]. Let the players clap the fans, and let the youngsters (such as my 6 year old) enjoy that. Then us grown ups can celebrate in the Concourse with beers. In the Goldstone Days there was nowhere else to go apart from the pitch. There's plenty of room in the Concourse to celebrate now

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am with the club on this, stay off the pitch and celebrate from your seat.

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to applaud them properly.

In the words of [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] (and do not represent me in the slightest), 'do bore off'. Personally I agree with you.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I agree with [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION]. Let the players clap the fans, and give the youngsters (such as my 6 year old) enjoy that. Then us grown ups can celebrate in the Concourse with beers. In the Goldstone Days there was nowhere else to go apart from the pitch. There's plenty of room in the Concourse to celebrate now

Sod that Stumpy see you in the centre circle

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This is one of those situations where once 30-40 people are on the pitch a large number will follow suit. Think it will be hard to stop TBH but they may well try. I can't see people being banned for it. The players I am sure will come back out on the final day pitch invasion or not.
I am quite happy myself to go and get a beer and then enjoy the party from the stands but don't see it happening

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I won't be able to get on the pitch from the East Uppers, and I too want to see the players walk around. Surely they could do that after a pitch invasion though? Fans running on and cheering for 5 minutes wouldn't be the end of the world.

East Upper also and yes, if the pitch could be cleared in 5 mins no harm would be done.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Question - Could the EFL (and whereas it may be unlikely) deduct points for a pitch invasion under some known or spurious context ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I've packed my parachute to soar off East Upper.
The miserable fecker who occasionally sits next to me will accompany me although he doesn't know this yet.
He won't have a parachute btw :moo:

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
This whole statement and stance is really annoying at a stage everyone is just building up some serious excitement.

its tradition - pretty much every team that goes up, and most teams that fight off relegation will have a good humored, short pitch invasion. FFS there's enough new laws and regulations these days and after all the MANY years of crap being a Brighton fan they now threaten to ban people for a few games if we celebrate by going on the pitch.

Really is a shame ot issue such statements - no one is planning to "take" the away end of ruin our glorious home, just celebrate what would be an incredible feat.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I am with the club on this, stay off the pitch and celebrate from your seat.

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to applaud them properly.

I don't, I want to be on the pitch, that's what football is about. This is the only occasion where we get to feel the same as the players do.

I've waited over 20 years for that moment.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Club captain Bruno commented, "Regardless of the outcome of our final two matches, the players and staff want to say thank you to all of our supporters, young and old, wherever they sit in the stadium, by walking around the pitch after the match. If supporters are on the pitch, this will not be possible."

Manager Chris Hughton added, "I hope all our supporters will respect the wishes of the staff and players - and also our security staff, whose job it is to keep everyone in the stadium safe - by staying
off the pitch at all times, including the end of the game, regardless of how our season finishes."

We would like to ask all fans to respect this request of the club, staff and players, and also to work with our safety and stewarding staff at both remaining matches this season.

It's also important for us to point out that it remains an offence to enter the field of play, at any time, and this could result in arrest and exclusion from the stadium.

If we are in a position to celebrate, and with the prospect of Premier League football to watch, we really do not want to have the occasion spoiled in any way or to be in a position where we may have to issue bans to supporters for next season.

You ignore this at your peril.

Yes I loved celebrating promotions on the pitch at the Goldstone and Withdean.... but things have moved on, it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Question - Could the EFL (and whereas it may be unlikely) deduct points for a pitch invasion under some known or spurious context ?

Has a post-match pitch invasion EVER resulted in a points deduction ?

Well, there's your answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here