Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal Injury Update?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think Chris also takes into account the opposition's midfield players.
Definitely, matching the opposition is sometimes key and I think we will see some more rotation in midfield now Kayal is out.
Possibly a fair point regarding Sidwell, but are we just writing him off because of his age? I felt he got stronger the more he played last season. Anyhow, I'd certainly start Sidwell and Norwood against Preston, we know Grayson's team will be physical and I just don't trust Stephens' to not snap at the ref and get booked or even sent off again. One thing I'm comfortable with is that Hughton is 99.9% likely to make to the correct decision.

Perhaps I am, it's just my inclination that Sidwell might have to be rested sometimes. I completely agree with your post though, I think Sidwell is wiser than Stephens and against more physical sides/in tough away games he could have a big role to play. As you say though, Hughton nearly always makes the right decisions long term, so we'll leave it to the expert!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Norwood was brought in for this very reason. Given how resolute Preston were last year, I would hope Stephens would start.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Looked very much like an achilles issue to me.........not ruptured (he wouldn't have been able stand up, and that would be several months out) but possibly torn, so maybe 2-3 months. All complete speculation on my part but it looked like the challenge caught the back of his heel. He knew immediately it wasn't good, surprised he tried to keep going (guess it was only because it was almost half time).

Think it was more an impact to the top of the foot. His boot was ripped by the challenge and as you say proper Achilles injury would've rendered him unable to walk.

I think maybe a broken bone, maybe metatarsal? Which was c3 months when it was all the rage.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think it was more an impact to the top of the foot. His boot was ripped by the challenge and as you say proper Achilles injury would've rendered him unable to walk.

I think maybe a broken bone, maybe metatarsal? Which was c3 months when it was all the rage.
The ripped boot was in an earlier game wasn't it?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think Chris also takes into account the opposition's midfield players.

Bull's-eye..................... The match against Sheff Wed they knew a lot went through Bannon so they did a job on him to stop supply to the forwards and their wide men

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He has a fracture and will be out for about 10 weeks.......I thinking early Jan

If true that's not so bad - is rather a fracture than a muscle or ligament injury. Plus it's on the better side of what [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] told us (more than 2 months less than 5 months). Fractures can heal quicker too. Regular X-Ray's etc. Is that 10 weeks from now or 20 weeks from when he did it (which was 2 weeks ago)..?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If true that's not so bad - is rather a fracture than a muscle or ligament injury. Plus it's on the better side of what [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] told us (more than 2 months less than 5 months). Fractures can heal quicker too. Regular X-Ray's etc. Is that 10 weeks from now or 20 weeks from when he did it (which was 2 weeks ago)..?

The good news is that there are two international breaks that cover that period which will reduce the number of games he misses.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The good news is that there are two international breaks that cover that period which will reduce the number of games he misses.

I said on another thread that this was the only positive about the international break. Even more so with this news.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

His statement is correct

My info was 3 months so 10 weeks plus the 2 already out makes that about right. Although I have no idea what the injury actually is

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

I was told about a week ago so Im guessing it's now in nine weeks time. I didn't think to clarify sorry.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
His statement is correct

My info was 3 months so 10 weeks plus the 2 already out makes that about right. Although I have no idea what the injury actually is

Any news on when Rosenior is back as well? Key player for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we can get Kayal back and fully fit for the Xmas period it won't be as much of a blow. Positivity.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That Sheff Weds game has given me a lot of confidence that we do have players that can provide sufficient cover and we also have Solly March returning soon (although he's a different type of midfielder) so I'm not so worried about the news now. I did wonder if Kayal was carrying an injury as he hasn't been so effective so far this season as last year.

[MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] makes a great point that the fact that Kayal is injury-prone may well put off any big money bids for him from Premier League teams and could persuade Kayal to commit long-term to the club.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That Sheff Weds game has given me a lot of confidence that we do have players that can provide sufficient cover and we also have Solly March returning soon (although he's a different type of midfielder) so I'm not so worried about the news now. I did wonder if Kayal was carrying an injury as he hasn't been so effective so far this season as last year.

[MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] makes a great point that the fact that Kayal is injury-prone may well put off any big money bids for him from Premier League teams and could persuade Kayal to commit long-term to the club.

I would add that Sidwells two best games for us IMHO have been against SW ...pity we aren't playing them every week :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here