Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal letters

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I'd imagine the club are happy for so many of you to be ditching your season tickets but still attending most games and buying individual tickets, as that is surely the most expensive way to watch the Albion, what with the full price plus booking fee.

The club would need a match by match purchasers to buy for at least 13 games in order for their spend to be as much as the cost of a season ticket.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really? If it only takes 13 games, then the club will be quids in if the team is even sniffing around the play off places. Surely most current season ticket holders would fancy one game a month through curiosity and assuming the team was relatively successful that would pick up towards the end of the season. So most would still make it to 10-13 games and possibly far more of the playoffs were in the offing. Makes me think the loss of season ticket holder revenue would be nowhere near as bad as I assumed. Although not having the regular, predictable income stream would be a blow.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
For me, it's all about how much it costs, irrespective of what division we find ourselves in. At the moment it's the best part of £900 for me and my 11-year-old boy in the ESU and that's too much, if I'm being honest. If we go down so the prices of the season tickets will have to fall as well. Otherwise, it simply won't be viable...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For me, it's all about how much it costs, irrespective of what division we find ourselves in. At the moment it's the best part of £900 for me and my 11-year-old boy in the ESU and that's too much, if I'm being honest. If we go down so the prices of the season tickets will have to fall as well. Otherwise, it simply won't be viable...

You could get pretty much the same view from the back of the ESL (FS) for under £600.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Really? If it only takes 13 games, then the club will be quids in if the team is even sniffing around the play off places. Surely most current season ticket holders would fancy one game a month through curiosity and assuming the team was relatively successful that would pick up towards the end of the season. So most would still make it to 10-13 games and possibly far more of the playoffs were in the offing. Makes me think the loss of season ticket holder revenue would be nowhere near as bad as I assumed. Although not having the regular, predictable income stream would be a blow.

Exactly - The season ticket option is very cost effective (if you can afford it of course). It's massively better value for money than buying for each game. Of course, there's always the 'buy from your mate' option, but were we to lose a lot of 'dead wood' season ticket holders next season, the remainder will by definition be more likely to attend games, meaning there won't be that many cheap seats available.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You could get pretty much the same view from the back of the ESL (FS) for under £600.

My seven-year-old and I have fantastic seats in the WSU, and all for less than £600 too.

And to others, there's a reason why the club want to sell season tickets as opposed to selling them on a game-by-game basis: it reduces staff costs and, as a consequence, savings are shared between the club and the season ticket holder.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's strange - I go everywhere watching the Albion but just can't be arsed with the Reading game on Boxing day given how miserable Friday night was.

However , and I can't fathom why myself - I'll renew my season ticket next year and probably enjoy it more in league 1.

It's crazy I know.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
This is my first season as a season ticket holder, I shall certainly renew mine. Probably shouldn't admit this here, but Brighton is not my first team. I was regularly going to support a Premier league team, 30 odd games a season home and away...just couldn't afford to keep doing it. As my localish team I have always followed Brighton and so to get my fix of live foootie became a season ticket holder. I love footie from all leagues and countries, I also follow Woking cos that is where I was dragged up.....My nipper who is 7 has been to a good number of Premier league games with me but I really am looking forward to taking her to her first Albion game on Boxing day....Santa has bought her a shirt.....

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
There's a lot of revenue to be lost in catering and merchandise sales if many STHs don't renew. I've paid off the rest of this season in a lump sum - I was on DD. The 'buzz' has disappeared for me. Maybe we were spoilt having two seasons challenging for the playoffs, but I don't want to feel miserable after every match as is the case at the moment. If we drop to Div 1, then so the prices will have to drop (who's going to pay £30 a ticket to watch that level of football) and there will be plenty of seats available next season if we're relegated. As a 'customer' I can pick and choose. When we are treated like 'fans' again, I will probably return to being a STH. As a customer, currently I find that the product is over-priced, poor-quality and not worth buying or recommending. As a fan, that never used to bother me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep season ticket holder at withdean. Gillingham regular and The Goldstone. HOWEVER time moves on. My own target now for BHA with the wonderful stadium is champ minimum. I work with targets every day so there is one of mine for Barber if he wants my custom. Im fed up with noddy football.

We are long past journeymen donkeys hoofing it round an athletics track at the ******** end of football grateful that we have a club to support.

Yes that's all very well, but unless the team you support is Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, or one of the Manchester giants, football is full of just as many lows as highs. That's the beauty of the beast isn't it? It would get bloody boring if you won every week.

Although admittedly just the odd win would be nice at the moment!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes that's all very well, but unless the team you support is Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, or one of the Manchester giants, football is full of just as many lows as highs. That's the beauty of the beast isn't it? It would get bloody boring if you won every week.

Although admittedly just the odd win would be nice at the moment!

I'd take a decent performance at the moment!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The negativity on this board has been growing for months and is not reflected in fellow supporters who don't visit this place. I'll be renewing because guess what? I enjoy the whole experience at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here