Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomer Hemed's emotional Facebook post

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly a man who took a flask to football.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's the very epitome of a hard working footballer who perhaps isn't blessed with the most talent but has ground out a successful career through hard work in spades. Look at his penalty success rate - you don't become that successful without an awful lot of practice, just as David Beckham used to say about his free kick ability.

I've always valued players like him at our club. We're only very very rarely ever going to sign world class players (at best!), so Hemed type players will always do for me because of the attitude they bring to the squad.

As for this post, he's clearly in a pensive, melancholy mood. He'll overcome it, he'll move forward, and when he leaves he'll leave behind a grateful club and grateful fan base and I'm sure he'll be welcome back to the Amex anytime.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It was criminal that he was suspended last season for nothing - gravity rather than a deliberate mistake.
However it worked out for the team that Murray got his act tohgether and proved his worth - unfortunately it didn't work out for Tomer Hemed
He'll go and he'll play well for whoever he goes to but I think a lot of his heart will remain with the Albion
Would love to see him back here as a coach at some later stage if not as a player.
Cannot wish him anything but the very best.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's the very epitome of a hard working footballer who perhaps isn't blessed with the most talent but has ground out a successful career through hard work in spades. Look at his penalty success rate - you don't become that successful without an awful lot of practice, just as David Beckham used to say about his free kick ability.

I've always valued players like him at our club. We're only very very rarely ever going to sign world class players (at best!), so Hemed type players will always do for me because of the attitude they bring to the squad.

As for this post, he's clearly in a pensive, melancholy mood. He'll overcome it, he'll move forward, and when he leaves he'll leave behind a grateful club and grateful fan base and I'm sure he'll be welcome back to the Amex anytime.

I saw him outside the East stand on Sunday evening talking to a bunch of youngsters. He had a very downcast expression which says to me he probably knows he's not going to be included in the squad.
I would imagine it's the uncertainty which is worse rather than accepting what's ahead. I think once he knows what is happening, his drive and determination will kick in again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very harsh. I don't recall Tomer as being particularly prolific on social media, and what he's written there is an absolute MILE away from the usual vacuous inane drivel, semi-literate gangsta-speak and emoji-infested shite that so many footballers come out with.

He was doing very well for us last year before he got completely tucked up by some anonymous stuffed shirts at FAHQ, who (by the way) would have NEVER risked giving such a shitty ruling on a marginal, debatable incident, on a more high profile player, at a bigger club, with a scarier manager. I for one would be sorry to see him go, because we are only a Murray groinstrain away from having nobody else at the club who could step in and play that physical role up top for us.

We're not currently THAT well stocked in strikers for us to bin him off IMO. But given his complete lack of opportunity here for almost a year, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are well paid people not allowed to feel anything other than super happy with all aspects of their life?

Exactly. I'm paid well enough and have a comfortable life but I fret about work all the time.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The love for Hemed is laughable and based largely on him being a nice bloke and taking a more deceptive penalty than Glenn.

He wasn't our first choice striker to get us promoted from the Championship for goodness sake, no way he's an EPL forward.

Good player, nice bloke, decent in the Championship, hard worker - but not good enough for the highest level unfortunately as unless he's given chances he doesn't offer anything other than hard work. Simply hasn't got the hold up play and movement off Glenn.

That said, with Andone crocked i am surprised we're putting faith in Locadia based on his form so far.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hope he stays - going to QPR would be a huge mistake

Not necessarily. It's pretty obvious that unless the entire Brighton forward line gets decimated by injury that he isn't going to be playing any football here this season.

Ok so QPR are a shambles at the moment, but if he were to go there and start to bag a few goals for them he will certainly stand out, and by the end of the season it could revilatise his career, and who knows where it could lead him?

Sad as it is to say it, his time with us is done, and it's time to move on. If at the end of the day QPR are his only option, then so be it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nope, just a realist my friend.

What does money have to do with it? Are you saying he should be happy even though he is being left out the team because he gets paid loads anyway? Isn't that the exact opposite of what football fans want?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Tomer,

Have a look here... http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ental-health-problems&highlight=mental+health

Lots of people struggle with the pressures of their job and the impact it has on life, keeping them up at night, giving them the occasion to question, well, everything.
Talking helps, but it's a decision to take one step in the right direction, followed by one more and then another, until you are on a journey back to stability/contentment/peace that brings the real relief.

Sounds to me like you would be better off being No1 at a small club than No3 at a larger one. Regular game time seems more important than the extra money.

Make the move that is right for you. Not some car-crash of a club, but somewhere that will bring you happiness first and foremost.

Luck was against you here, not your fault (as the "stamp" wasn't!) but you will always have our gratitude for the contribution you made while here, I for one will definitely clap you on and off the Amex pitch whatever team you play for.

father_and_son, NSC

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Lacks detail, there's no insight into his feelings with regard to flasks.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Feel bad for Hemed, especially since he was the only in-form striker during preseason. To be completely left out of squad must have been tough to take. Hewjughton had a hard decision to make.

I am not saying that he is a great player for the Premier League but I for one do not understand the love-fest around Andone - he is younger than Tomer, sure, but their strike rate in La Liga was almost identical so I don't expect Andone to be much better than Hemed and in that situation I usually prefer a player that has been with the club longer (for the sake of the club I hope to be proved wrong by Andone though).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here