• OUT

Votes: 156 77.6%
  • Fence

Votes: 14 7.0%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The guy that does that full time job is doing fine as far as I can see.
Burke is failing in his role in recruiting players that can improve our squad. He is surplus to requirements in his current role IMO!
In that case, yes, I agree - surplus to requirements.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
82% want Burke out, 80% want Hyypia out.

Tony is going to be busy.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
His strike rate must be one in five in getting in decent players...Augestin what a complete waste,toko again what a complete waste.The list is endless and the amount of money wasted is hideous.

Need a massive overhaul of the back room staff and scouts as it's just not good enough.
To be brutally honest I was shocked crofts got an extra year...no need for it.
They moan about money and the ffp when fans moan,but some tit or tits keep getting in silly players on silly wages...Needs addressing fast as we can't afford to pay players for doing jack shite.

Ludicrous

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
His strike rate must be one in five in getting in decent players...Augestin what a complete waste,toko again what a complete waste.The list is endless and the amount of money wasted is hideous.

Need a massive overhaul of the back room staff and scouts as it's just not good enough.
To be brutally honest I was shocked crofts got an extra year...no need for it.
They moan about money and the ffp when fans moan,but some tit or tits keep getting in silly players on silly wages...Needs addressing fast as we can't afford to pay players for doing jack shite.

Ludicrous

100% agree. how we can spout on about FFP when we sign dross on high wages and let players go for relatively F all (Murray, Barnes etc) and then spunk millions on replacements which don't work in our system or are plainly not up to it.

Barber, Burke and co are on big money and since they have been involved we have been moving backwards at a more rapid rate as time go's by.

Time for Bloom to make some big decisions, he backed his senior management team when Poyet got pissed off now lets see what happens.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who was responsible for Ulloa, Bridge, Stephens. There's arguments for good and bad players. The squad is better than the position we are in and that is down to the organisation of the team which is down to the manager!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's difficult to know where to sit on this one without knowing his full role within the club, where the player recruitment has seen very mixed results we must also remember that Tony Bloom did single him out for special praise for being very instrumental in the club achieving category 1 status for the academy. I don't think he deserves to be given the boot but I do think we need to modify the way we recruit players for the first team squad so I'll vote IN but with an overhaul of the recruitment system.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's difficult to know where to sit on this one without knowing his full role within the club, where the player recruitment has seen very mixed results we must also remember that Tony Bloom did single him out for special praise for being very instrumental in the club achieving category 1 status for the academy. I don't think he deserves to be given the boot but I do think we need to modify the way we recruit players for the first team squad so I'll vote IN but with an overhaul of the recruitment system.

What a reasonable response! OK..I'm off the fence and am IN with caveats.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I said in the summer that only Stockdale and Stephens represented an improvement on recent outgoing players and his signing success rate would ultimately be judged as pathetic - especially given the expense involved.

Also, his failings in existing player appraisals, contract management and relationship management should be considered. As soon as Barnes looked like he was off, it was obvious we needed another physical striker capable of leading the line AND SCORING. A young understudy to Ulloa for 6 months could have been ideal.

Instead the man we are told always holds our for quality brings us the likes of Obika, COG, Baldock, Rodriguez and Colunga. How many goals have that bunch contributed? The totally ineffectual strikeforce he assembled (at significant expense) should be reason enough to fire him. From 4 main strikers we have nobody capable of leading the line individually and not a single combination that looks complimentary.

Sacking Sami looks necessary but it will just be a temporary solution unless Burke is also accountable.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I was on the fence until I found out he keeps selling those bloody Mercs. OUT!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have bought some absolute shockers and it is NOTHING to do with budget. 500K on COG? FFS! 50k would have been an overspend. Did anyone actually watch him? What did we pay for Baldock when we already had identical players in Colunga and CMS? Who got Gary "half arsed" Gardner in on loan? And, most worryingly who was responsible for Obika, Rodriguez, Toko, Dobbie and Agustien.

When you have a low budget it is REALLY important you spend it wisely. We haven't.

All correct.

Burke is part of the problem along with the manager.

And Gardner? When does his loan end? He is awful, all he wants to do is shoot and he's not that good a that..... Plods along, pulled out of a block tackle yesterday and they nearly scored plays for himself not the team. End the loan and save the wages - would rather see a Development Squad player in.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
How many of you lot were moaning about us not having signed anyone, half way through the transfer window? Maybe some last resorts were signed to keep the fans happy.
Does Anybody in this thread think they couldn't manage this squad to a higher position in this division, Simply by playing players in their correct position?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
82% want Burke out, 80% want Hyypia out.

Tony is going to be busy.

The Burke out side is now c. 90%, and rightly so. In the main, for his senior and vital role, he's failed. Most players he's pursued and signed, have taken the squad backwards or we simply haven't heard of again until they were ditched. He's had a few million to work with, as well as a large player payroll budget, albeit being reined in, and he's blown it. The squad lacks pace, height, power, creativity, Championship-level finishers, battlers - his remit is to form a squad to take the club FORWARDS and he's flopped miserably.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
we looked like a League 1 team today.
Our League 1 side of 10/11 would DESTROY this shower of shit. I actually think we have the makings of a good team, if we had a manager that understood how to balance defence and attack.

Dunk, Greer, Bennett, Ince, Holla, Lua Lua, Texeira, Baldock, Colunga should clearly be core of something much more effective.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is it the players? Not so sure. Ok, some are not up to it, COG being the painfully obvious one but...

Eyebrows were raised in Holland and Spain when we managed to land Holla and Colunga as they were expected to sign for 'higher profile' teams than us.

Baldock got 27 goals in L1 , that should at least translate to 10-15 in this league plus the a couple of other L1 boys are doing well this year in Championship.

Two first team fringe players from Aston Villa, they should at minimum be top Championship players.

Liverpool see Tex as the successor to Courtinho , so he's getting game time with us. They rate him very highly but after a good start he now looks a bit lost.....

For me its either the manager doesn't know how to use them properly or we have limited communication between the manager and Burke as we seem to buy players who do not fit the managers system.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You only have to look at the Manager playing Kaz as a centre midfielder and asking the full backs to cross when the wingers could do it better. Hyppia is inept, clueless, inexperienced, unable to read a game and then change it, unenthusiastic & lacking motivation on the touchline. Any old school Manager would be able to muster better from our squad, they may be average but SH should be learning the game in the Conference, not with us

Morning Dave, hope you are well?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here