Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***CC Division Two, Sussex v Derbyshire, County Ground Hove, Sep 12-15 10.30 startsl***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Another win is neither here nor there for them now and they have only bowled a team out twice in 1 game so I would have thought that was a statistic they would like to rectify Leaving us an unlikely but achievable target could make the Sussex batsmen reckless going for the win. The less time we have to bat could put it beyond them irrespective of the run target.

Of course it is here or there for them, they can finish up the table, they're professionals and can take some positivity into the winter. 96 overs in a day, on a 4th day end of season pitch, they're still giving themselves plenty of time, and a target of 350 is under 4 runs per over for a 96 over day.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of course it is here or there for them, they can finish up the table, they're professionals and can take some positivity into the winter. 96 overs in a day, on a 4th day end of season pitch, they're still giving themselves plenty of time, and a target of 350 is under 4 runs per over for a 96 over day.
Oh dear, reality check urgently required.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I left just before tea - couldn't stand the general air of inevitability about the whole thing......Derbyshire sensing their second victory of the season against a Sussex side who clearly couldn't give a flying ****. Our bowling making their batters look good - which they are clearly not. Depressing.
Not denying a very unwelcome air of inevitability and apparent malaise but surprised if the young seamers are not trying... old ball and a flat wicket is a fairly deadly combo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
So Essex are Champs..so if they as a non -Test Match county can do it so can Sussex.

What do Sussex need to do or put in place now?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So Essex are Champs..so if they as a non -Test Match county can do it so can Sussex.

What do Sussex need to do or put in place now?

Find some batsmen. Essex have two current test batsmen (and one former one) in their team. They also have two other batsmen in the top 20 averages: Sussex have one batter in the CC2 averages ... that pretty much tells the story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here