Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 3 restaurants/gastropubs in Brighton?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
We went to the Chilli Pickle last time. [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] has NOT stopped talking about going anywhere else but there.

I really don't understand the fuss about the Chilli Pickle...but I suppose if you like quasi Indian food served in metal dishes in a noisy environment it's perfect.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For tourists, The Salt Rooms must be worth a shout for location/views, .

On their menu they have rated their own meals, scores ranging from 7.5 up to 32, but their chips only get a 3

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some recommendations needed for world cup tourists who keep asking me. I wish I knew the answer but with kids I haven't been out in the evening since 1999 - all replies appreciated xxx

Corporate jolly ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As with much, I'm with Goldstone on all things organoleptic. He will LOSE his bet with me though.

Dont think that using medium-sized words will prevent me from scoffing at the notion that you will win our bet. I'm just surprised you haven't paid them already...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dont think that using medium-sized words will prevent me from scoffing at the notion that you will win our bet. I'm just surprised you haven't paid them already...

Just returned from a tasting at Butler's. There was a really good Faugeres, from some ex-city type made in what Henry described as a "beyond biodynamic" way. Don't let you put that off. Said type has selected some 100+ vines and made a really intriguing wine all for c£12. Not some fancy name from a fancy vintage, but delish nevertheless.
ps toyed between 'gastronomic' and 'organoletptic', plumped for the latter because it was more accurate
pps another draw tonight: more teams dropping points = lower points total for third place

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Always surprised there are no Michelin stars in Brighton.

Why? Brighton is great for pubs and music (and football this season :)), but restaurants aren't quite there. What we've got on the food front, and is getting better, is low-priced/street-food stuff which is getting better. I give you: Little Blue Smokehouse; Lucky Star; Burger Brothers; Bardsley's as examples

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Always preferred Indian summer to chilli pickle, and the urchin despite the recent oyster story in the argus. 64 degrees is good, and the pass at South lodge outstanding (I concede not in Brighton)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
pps another draw tonight: more teams dropping points = lower points total for third place
Yep, but 4 teams are on 13 points or more after 7 games, which would put them on over 85 for the season, so don't get too excited yet.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep, but 4 teams are on 13 points or more after 7 games, which would put them on over 85 for the season, so don't get too excited yet.

Thankfully, I've got more things to get more excited by than Goldstone opening his wallet (like Goldstone giving me the key to his cellar, however temporarily).
Evangelism isn't popular with hopeless moderates like you, but let me evangelise for draws in other fixtures because, again, that means the outcome of said fixture is two -- rather than three -- points.
I suspect you teach maths and, as a consequence, hope you get the picture.

PS what has this got to do with the top 3 restaurants/gastropubs in Brighton?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I assume they will be wanting to stand on the tables and put their cocks in each others pints?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
let me evangelise for draws in other fixtures because, again, that means the outcome of said fixture is two -- rather than three -- points.
I'm already with you on that.

I suspect you teach maths
That's a bit creepy. Suspect, or know?

PS what has this got to do with the top 3 restaurants/gastropubs in Brighton?
The what? Oh I see. You psed and ppsed your post, it's your fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here