Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football or Cricket?

Football or Cricket- what do you prefer?

• Cricket

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Football

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Cricket for me, actually. No special reason, but I've been watching Sussex (and playing cricket) longer then I've been watching Albion (and apart from a few games at Balfour Juniors, and then at university, I've never played football properly)

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I used to watch cricket years ago, but not out of choice. I found it boring then and even more boring now. No contest for me - football it is!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cricket is class but footy is top

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like both but there is no choice :nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
cricket is a nice distraction in the summer.

but, it simply doesnt compete with football- i enjoy it when sussex win but i LOVE it when brighton win.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cricket for me. I've been watching Sussex since '64, three years before the Albion. I've been a Sussex member since 1970.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Albion, but I love cricket even more.

I soooooooooooo want Sussex to win the championship.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Cricket for me. It has far more twists and turns than footie. The big difference is that although both are team games in cricket there is 1 man against 11. I always think the fielding side is like a pack of wolves surrounding their quarry, the batsman .
However for sheer explosive excitement then soccer has the edge. :)

Last edited:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Gotta be football first, love watching cricket and I so want Sussex to win the championship but football has always been first. I know this will rile some people but rugby is up there aswell, there are less twatty fans, all the violence is on the pitch.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
A tough call but Cricket wins it for me. This may sound like heracy but I'd rather see Sussex win the County Championship than see the Albion promoted. I sooo hate Surrey!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
its gotta be footie, all the way

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Very tough question. If we are talking Brighton or Sussex then this year i would take Sussex to win the championship over Brighton getting promoted. Normally it would be the Albion though i reckon.

I couldn't watch football for 7 hours a day but i can do that with cricket, what does this mean?? I spose they are very different and i like them both.

Answer: i don't know.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Football wins every time. But as there is no football during the summer then cricket follows along in second place. Basically I'm a total sport monkey so I'll watch anything darts, snooker, curling!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tough question - being Australian cricket is just a part of you - like vegemite goes on toast.... ;)

Football was something I only ever heard on the BBC news on a Sunday night in Australia when then presenter would go through all the scores from the the Divisions.... compared to cricket I always used to think it must be a boring game because the scores were so low...

But now living in this country I love the football - so I'd have to say in summer I choose cricket and in winter football...

:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here