Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My thoughts entirely. Chance for White to do a bit of bench-warming, with the odd ten minutes playing time here and there (plus U23 matches) and he can still go out on loan in January if CH feels that would be best.
Perhaps White on loan to Wigan in January and Burn coming back to us? Would make sense.

Well it makes no sense to me. As a Premier League club with money to burn (excuse pun), we shouldn't be asking the likes of Ben White to do a man's job, (too young and inexperienced for the Premier League), or Bruno, ( not a centre back at all and nearing the end of his career).

Liam Moore, or another experienced centre half of the same calibre is still needed in my opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well if Burn is going to be immediately loaned back to Wigan for the season, then surely we have to still be after Moore?

why buy Burn and loan him back if we are still buying Moore - makes no sense

Maybe we're not signing Moore. Maybe we'll risk going with what we've got - we've just halved the risk to half a season, not a whole one. Burn will benefit from half a season stepping up to Championship level too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My Fulham supporting mate is pissing himself. He cant believe we would go anywhere near him.

Yet you go on the Wigan forum and they are gutted Burn is going so cheaply. Think i rather listen to a load of views then just one

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well it makes no sense to me. As a Premier League club with money to burn (excuse pun), we shouldn't be asking the likes of Ben White to do a man's job, (too young and inexperienced for the Premier League), or Bruno, ( not a centre back at all and nearing the end of his career).

Liam Moore, or another experienced centre half of the same calibre is still needed in my opinion.
TB has got money, to be sure - but money to burn? No chance, he's far too savvy for that. And I'm as sure as I can be that we've got a budget which we won't exceed. No idea what that budget is, of course - or whether the club are still chasing Moore, though I think that is looking less and less likely. Obviously that's just me guessing, but that's what 90% of today's posts are all about anyway!

One thing I am sure of though. I'm sick and tired of that tired old mantra 'too young and inexperienced'............................ every player in the PL, from Kane, Salah and de Bruyne downwards, was young and inexperienced once.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
All makes sense to me. Burn in as Home Grown 4th choice. He's injured so loan him back to get match fit in first few weeks as he'll play in the first team at Wigan. We aren't paying over the odds as we would have by getting in Moore. The other defender we are after is the Valencia RB.
I also wonder how much of this deal has been assisted by David Weir who is our new pathway?/loans Manager looking after loan players. His son plays for Wigan and so he will have good insight on Burn especially as Weir was a CB. He can keep a close eye on Burn at Wigan.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I thought it may be as simple as Wigan not having the time to recruit a replacement until January and hence this allows the deal to go through.. Not sure where the loan would stand if we were in a crisis and lost 3 recognized CBs to injury or suspension - might we have call-back option etc..

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
All makes sense to me. Burn in as Home Grown 4th choice. He's injured so loan him back to get match fit in first few weeks as he'll play in the first team at Wigan. We aren't paying over the odds as we would have by getting in Moore. The other defender we are after is the Valencia RB.
I also wonder how much of this deal has been assisted by David Weir who is our new pathway?/loans Manager looking after loan players. His son plays for Wigan and so he will have good insight on Burn especially as Weir was a CB. He can keep a close eye on Burn at Wigan.

But he won't be in the 25 if he's out on loan.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bizarre arrangement. Was very very good against man city in the cup.

Why not just sign him in January for half the cost ? Pretty much back up for Duffy, loves a block, header and pace of a snail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here