Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amazon Prime Secures PL games deal

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let's hope its not another media company that can f*ck with KO times/dates, p1ssing all over the fans who try to attend the game!

according to link " livestream all 10 matches over one bank holiday of Premier League games and another 10 during one midweek fixture programme". that probably means one week there will be no Saturday 3pm games. will be interesting to see the takeup, if good it could lead to a benefit for game times.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Let's hope its not another media company that can f*ck with KO times/dates, p1ssing all over the fans who try to attend the game!

My hope is that maybe, just maybe a streaming service can afford to be quite contrarian in its approach to this because they’re bound by schedules and what makes sense etc.

They offer an on demand global experience where one conclusion would be to enable subscribers to view/re-view matches/highlights whenever therefore the attractiveness to advertisers will be total amount of exposure versus time specific exposure which is probably what in part drives kick off times on Satellite services.

Will be interesting to see this evolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Clearly testing the waters....

The old firm duo SKY and BT are paupers compared to the top technology companies and it will be interesting to see where future rights end up.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
according to link " livestream all 10 matches over one bank holiday of Premier League games and another 10 during one midweek fixture programme". that probably means one week there will be no Saturday 3pm games. will be interesting to see the takeup, if good it could lead to a benefit for game times.

Amazon will offer 20 games next season to Prime subscribers at no extra cost. Amazon has secured one of the smaller packages of Premier League games, but an important one over the festive period. Prime subscribers will get access to the first midweek December games rather than the big weekend fixtures, and Amazon will also be streaming all of the festive Boxing Day fixtures.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Traditionally Sky (and I assume BT) have charged a small fortune to pubs to show games, the Amazon model here will be interesting.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And what a great photo the BBC have used for their story ....

Amazon Foot.JPG

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's good that Sky no longer has a monopoly over all the broadcast games but when they did you at least only needed one subscription to see all broadcast games - soon you'll need Sky, BT, Amazon, Men and Motors, CBBC and Netflix subscriptions to see all the games.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Sky are in the process of being bought by Fox though. So that would increase their heavy-hitting.
I heard this but though Sky was part of the Disney deal also? Are Fox buying Sky from Disney?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I heard this but though Sky was part of the Disney deal also? Are Fox buying Sky from Disney?

I thought Disney were buying the part of Fox that Sky will belong to?

I dunno. It's a complicated love triangle, is that.
For the record, I massively detest all three companies and am therefore ambivalent to the semantics of the deal.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I thought Disney were buying the part of Fox that Sky will belong to?

I dunno. It's a complicated love triangle, is that.
For the record, I massively detest all three companies and am therefore ambivalent to the semantics of the deal.
I don't know - I get your point but I'm happier giving money to Disney than to Murdoch :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As someone with an Amazon prime account this is ok by me, just a pity it is for the 2019/2020 season.

The PL really do work to squeeze every penny they can out of the rights don't they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here