Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
We have a delonghi 4 slice toaster. It can fit hot cross buns crumpets etc. It is over ten years old. I cant remember how much we paid but a similar model online is £35. If it broke would replace with similar. Would I spend £170 on a toaster when better is available for a fraction of the price? No, no I would not.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m not doubting you. But Mine browns perfectly, and has done for 15 years. Given others are speaking highly of these toasters there must be something wrong or not quite right?

I honestly don’t know. My guess would be that it’s either down to poor quality control, so a case of trying to avoid a “Friday” toaster on purchase, or possibly that different folk have different expectations of the evenness of browning they want.

It’s definitely curious that there are such wildly different reviews of the same product from the sample on this thread.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We might need a new toaster and I've always fancied one of the big Dualit 4-slice efforts.

They are ridiculously expensive though. Are they worth they money?

Anyone have one of these bad boys >>> http://amzn.to/2G7nCzQ

Have had my 4 slice version for about 12 years. Good value because despite regular use it looks and works like it did when new.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Every toaster i have had has blown up within 4 years. Morphy Richards et al.

I am looking at a smeg or dualit..

Weird. I don't think I have ever had a toaster go wrong. The only reason we got a new one is that someone gave it to us.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Have I missed the point of this entirely? Excuse my ignorance, but what on Earth does that toaster do that warrants it costing £170?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If bread is dangled in front of me, I will lunge for it. If I have a toaster with 8 slots, I will bung in 8 crumpets, all to be toasted to 1 below full pelt, and write to someone about the making of an 8-prong butter knife. Me and my stomachs mustn't be given the opportunity, or equipment, to gorge. I'm a 2-slot toaster man. Woof woof.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bloody Mumsnet...

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 11.14.01.png

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bloody Mumsnet...

An opportunity for cross-advertising, perhaps?

We could teach them the words to “Oh, Stevie Sidwell...” and they could persuade us of the virtues of going shoe shopping for 3 hours and then buying the first bloody pair they tried on. Got to be worth an email to their site admin...

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
An opportunity for cross-advertising, perhaps?

We could teach them the words to “Oh, Stevie Sidwell...” and they could persuade us of the virtues of going shoe shopping for 3 hours and then buying the first bloody pair they tried on. Got to be worth an email to their site admin...

You want to see what they do with a beaker of water at the side of the bed first :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I have a three slice version, two for toast and one with a cage thing for toasted sandwiches. I have had it for 15 years and it’s still going strong. I’d say they are worth it.

Surprised you bought one!

Hand Built In The UK ?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
We've a 4 slice Dualit (different model that is £154 on Amazon) which has had perhaps 5+ years heavy use in our B&B. Simple and basic controls but does the job well and no reliability issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here