Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kane injured.. Murray for England?

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
DYVXaNsWAAEwbep.jpg

Full squad...

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Remember Stephens is currently injured. Perhaps that was a factor?

Ah, is he still injured? I thought it was just a minor knock but I'm not up to speed on it. To be honest I'm not sure it would have made that much difference though; if he was on Southgate's radar there would have been more press speculation I'd have thought.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Danny ****ing Welbeck? Jake ****ing Livermore? Are you sure?

What in the name of all that is holy has either one of those done to get anywhere near that squad?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I swear some people are like "Don't play Murray and Dunk in the cup, it's all about the league this season, we don't want any injuries!" are also saying, "Murray and Dunk should be in the England squad, playing in a pointless friendly". :jester:

This isn't a pointless friendly though is it? It is the last chance players have to stake a place in a World Cup squad this summer. It might be pointless to the players guaranteed a place in the squad, but it is far from it for Mawson, Cook, Pickford, Pope etc...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This has got to be the weakest England squad since the Graham Taylor days. Embarrassing. Or it would be if I gave a shit anymore.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Welbeck has an impressive record for England.

Sorry, but look who he's scored against. He's out of form, not scored in the PL since September and typifies the selections we've been making for years. He hasn't earned his place, he's got a place because he's the easy name to fill the slot.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I’m disappointed for Dunk & Murray. There was a space for Glenn with Kane injured but Southgate obviously is not concerned about playing form players over those who have hardly kicked a ball or scored many goals all season (Wellbeck).

This is why England will never win a major football tournament (again). And in all honesty, it's not just about Dunk, Murray or Stephens. Lascelles (like Dunk for us) has a had a wonderful season for Newcastle and Voldermort (like Stephens for us) is a far better footballer than Jake ****ing Livermore. Play the most in-form players in their positions in a system that works to enhance our strengths or minimise our weaknesses. Going for (shit) experience when players are underplayed or out of form is a recipe for failure.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unsurprising that a former Palace stalwart overlooks Albion players' claims but every squad he picks looks weaker than the last.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is why England will never win a major football tournament (again). And in all honesty, it's not just about Dunk, Murray or Stephens. Lascelles (like Dunk for us) has a had a wonderful season for Newcastle and Voldermort (like Stephens for us) is a far better footballer than Jake ****ing Livermore. Play the most in-form players in their positions in a system that works to enhance our strengths or minimise our weaknesses. Going for (shit) experience when players are underplayed or out of form is a recipe for failure.

100% that.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Welbeck has an impressive record for England.

So does Peter Crouch.

Sorry, but look who he's scored against. He's out of form, not scored in the PL since September and typifies the selections we've been making for years. He hasn't earned his place, he's got a place because he's the easy name to fill the slot.

I hear that Gary Lineker is looking pretty spritely for a man if his age, and he has a very impressive record for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here