Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think that's largely irrelevant, frankly.

The ESU has opened up as the game is still 8 days away and there are very few other tickets left. It has been clear for several days that available lower tier seats were going to run out sooner rather than later. Sales were not just going to stop dead.

So, the ESU could have been opened earlier to:

a) give people a choice of locations to buy from
b) not forced the hand of some who really didn't want lower tier tickets and will now be pissed off that they bought when they did
c) not risk losing sales to less-committed fans who may have looked at the "fantastic seating options available", thought "sod that", and are doing something else next Saturday now
But its all good because "the professionals" know what they're doing... :)

A home QF would be very good fun to see if they can somehow cock up 3 in a row.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I HONESTLY don't get what the big deal is. Those who – like me – were holding out for ESU/WSU tickets KNEW the gamble they/we were taking. As far as I know there was no confirmation or promise (apart from the last couple of days) that the upper tier(s) would be opened, so it's not as if the club LIED!

As it happens, the gamble paid off and I got the seats I wanted. If ESU didn't open – and I was left unable to go because there were no singles – the ONLY person to blame would be myself for not being risk averse.

Plus, at the end of the day, it's seats at a football match. How anyone can consider it THAT important as to post vitriol against the club and its decision-makers is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Still, good bit of traffic for NSC, eh [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :wink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
There must be a lot of thickies reading this thread who bought in the lower tier corners in the last few days and have now missed out on one of the best views in the ground.

That said, without those thickies the East Upper wouldn't be open. That's the irony. We should all thank the thickies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I HONESTLY don't get what the big deal is. Those who – like me – were holding out for ESU/WSU tickets KNEW the gamble they/we were taking. As far as I know there was no confirmation or promise (apart from the last couple of days) that the upper tier(s) would be opened, so it's not as if the club LIED!

As it happens, the gamble paid off and I got the seats I wanted. If ESU didn't open – and I was left unable to go because there were no singles – the ONLY person to blame would be myself for not being risk averse.

Plus, at the end of the day, it's seats at a football match. How anyone can consider it THAT important as to post vitriol against the club and its decision-makers is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Still, good bit of traffic for NSC, eh [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :wink:

As I said somewhere else at some point, i'm grateful for Paul Barber and his team for engineering ridiculous scenarios that generate NSC traffic.

I'm less pleased at the amount of hours I've wasted counting seats and posting on this thread over the past few days. I can now get back on with life, starting with my first shower in nearly a week.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
thing is even though its finally open and I'm happy with my seats. this is still a monumental balls up as there will now probably be 400/500 fans pissed off that they bought tickets in the shitty viewing areas out wide on the lower tiers. The club created a no win scenario for themselves by delaying this decision so long

anyway back to work, I have a weeks work to do in a day now :lolol:

Shitty views at the Amex, hmm you don't travel away much I guess

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There must be a lot of thickies reading this thread who bought in the lower tier corners in the last few days and have now missed out on one of the best views in the ground.

That said, without those thickies the East Upper wouldn't be open. That's the irony. We should all thank the thickies.

Maybe some aren't too bothered where they watch Coventry from in a modern, no pillar all seater stadium.

I hope it's not sunny.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think that's largely irrelevant, frankly.

The ESU has opened up as the game is still 8 days away and there are very few other tickets left. It has been clear for several days that available lower tier seats were going to run out sooner rather than later. Sales were not just going to stop dead.

So, the ESU could have been opened earlier to:

a) give people a choice of locations to buy from
b) not forced the hand of some who really didn't want lower tier tickets and will now be pissed off that they bought when they did
c) not risk losing sales to less-committed fans who may have looked at the "fantastic seating options available", thought "sod that", and are doing something else next Saturday now

With hindsight, they probably should have had the ESU open from the outset.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
2583 ESU uppers remain although the non whelchair seats in E3H have not been relased.

After all that waiting I’m amazed that one of the first blocks of 4 to be snapped up was the back row of G block!

I bet that's their season ticket seat. Some people just like their own seat. People are change adverse.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One of the funniest and most insightful threads for many a day.

Loved it, pity it looks like it's near the end now

I think you're forgetting the "Open the WSU" campaign commencing Wednesday. You can stand down until then though.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

East upper babies :laugh:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe some aren't too bothered where they watch Coventry from in a modern, no pillar all seater stadium.

I hope it's not sunny.

Fair point, but having sat in second front row of the North East corner, I can tell you the view is a crock of shite compared to the view from any of the upper tiers anywhere else in the stadium.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here