Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] B. Tapestry - Loan Signing From France

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To hear its coming our way

Either way highly recommended to see it in France and visit the beaches while you're at it. A moving trip

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He's one of our own, he's one of our own - BT, he's one of our own" Born and bred in Battle.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Undoubted quality, but been languishing in the French leagues for too long.

Also, some doubt about how he would perform at Stamford Bridge...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Undoubted quality, but been languishing in the French leagues for too long.

Also, some doubt about how he would perform at Stamford Bridge...

Managers moan about two games in three days nowadays but imagine having a tough match and Stamford Bridge and then immediately having to walk back south for home Europa league match against the French champions without any days off. No wonder the French Champions won.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Being serious for a mo', it says on the BBC it's the first time it's been displayed in England, however I went to see it in 1966 at a special display in Hastings to mark the 900th anniversary of the battle. Was I mistaken? I was only 10 so it's possible - but I've always claimed to have 'seen' it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Being serious for a mo', it says on the BBC it's the first time it's been displayed in England, however I went to see it in 1966 at a special display in Hastings to mark the 900th anniversary of the battle. Was I mistaken? I was only 10 so it's possible - but I've always claimed to have 'seen' it.
According to the BBC article in the OP, a request was made for it to be brought over in 1966 but that was refused.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Good at hanging in the air, secure at corners. Our dead ball problems are over! :banana:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I have learnt this morning that it actually isn't a tapestry.

I've just learnt that it contains scenes of gratuitous nudity that have absolutely no relevance to the events depicted as exemplified at bottom edge of picture...
220px-Aelfgyva.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Presumably the replica that lives in Reading?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Arrow, Arrow, we are the Brighton boys..."

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just got mentioned as a question at PMQ's by Hew Merriman MP pitching for it to be displayed in Battle. Amber Rudd has already pitched for Hastings according to The PM.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

There's a replica in Hastings/Battle isn't there? I've definitely seen a version of it when I was a kid and went on either a school trip or family excursion.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
He's out already.

Eye injury- needs a lot of stitches....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A bad omen for Saturday, I expect us to lose courtesy of a lucky shot from Willian The B*stard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here